Options

Who could replace Phillip on This Morning

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,306
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have been a massive Schofeild fan since Going Live and he has proven himself to be a great host on This Morning over the past eight years for which he has been presenting it

However if he was to quit which I hope does not happen for a very long time yet who could take over as male host

Comments

• Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    retroguy wrote: »
    I have been a massive Schofeild fan since Going Live and he has proven himself to be a great host on This Morning over the past eight years for which he has been presenting it

However if he was to quit which I hope does not happen for a very long time yet who could take over as male host

I am sure ITV would draft in Adrian Chiles as he is their current golden boy:D
  • Options
    TarotTarot Posts: 11,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jeremy Kyle
  • Options
    Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    Tim Lovejoy :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason Manford, he's not on enough.
  • Options
    iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ben Shepherd?
    Alan Titchmarsh?
    Vernon Kay?
    Dermot O'Leary?
    Peter Andre?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bet Adrian Chiles would give it a go.

I saw Jeremy Kyle presenting it a few weeks ago and it was the most crineworthy epsiode I have ever seen. I don't think he listened to a single thing anyone said.

I think the male on This morning is quite hard to fill in the double act, since I think it's a mainly female led audience.

They have to pretend to be interested in all the soaps and pretend to know who all the soap stars are and follow all the characters storylines.

Be sensitive enough to deal with alot of the female issues on every day, and give advice, handle sex talk and the like, plus deal with Denise Richardson on a regular basis.

Be able to lead the more serious news stories, unless they get a female who can do that job, no offense to Holly, but she can't handle the serious news stories on her own.

They also have to look interested in the female fashion. Look like they are paying attention to the female models in their underwear for the viewers sake and as a consumer, yet not being or looking pervy at the same time in any way, women seem to get a way with doing the 'we are misbehaving and perving a bit', Men have got know chance, sexist, maybe but true.

Saying that Eamon Holmes has been doing the job for years and he isn't much interested in anything and often looks bored out of his brain. :D So maybe it doesnt matter after all.
  • Options
    ScrubberScrubber Posts: 4,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vernon Kay.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw this just now and thought 'Oh no' I thought he'd quit, haha. I like Schofe on This Morning, and don't usually bother watching when he and Holly aren't presenting, so I hope he stays with the show for a long time.

Anyways, in answer to your question, I like Ben Shephard as a presenter, and Peter Andre's not bad when he's done a bit in the past so he would be ok too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    Over the summer they had a few guest hosts, one was Paddy McGuiness who was actually surprisingly quite good.
  • Options
    jonjonsjonjons Posts: 4,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ben shepeard
    simon thomas who use to blue peter and now on sky sports news
    me, i would do it?
    stephen mulhern
  • Options
    IC89IC89 Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scrubber wrote: »
    Vernon Kay.

Only if they intended to rename the show 'All Star This Morning'
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Charlie Brooker. I heart him and should love to see this and wish to make it so :D

But in all seriousness

I actually always liked Michael Ball when he presented - and think he would be good.
  • Options
    Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Richard Madeley?
  • Options
    Pistol WhipPistol Whip Posts: 9,677
    Forum Member
    Avid Merrion or Keith Lemon.
  • Options
    fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy23 wrote: »
    Richard Madeley?

You beat me :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You beat me :)

...and me..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John Lesley
  • Options
    bravejordybravejordy Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    Elmo :D
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,923
    Forum Member
    jamies90 wrote: »
    Over the summer they had a few guest hosts, one was Paddy McGuiness who was actually surprisingly quite good.

I saw that and actually really enjoyed it.
  • Options
    MariaellaMariaella Posts: 1,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark Durden-Smith filled in during the summer as well. I'm not sure what he'd be like, but I noticed on other shows that he has an opinion about things, therefore, wouldn't be bland.

I enjoy Paul Ross on TM. He's good for a laugh, especially when reviewing the papers.
    *tin hat at the ready*
  • Options
    pon farrpon farr Posts: 360
    Forum Member
    My vote would have to be for Chris Evans, he made 'Big Breakfast' what it was, and who knows he could perhaps repeat his winning ways, given the right direction.
  • Options
    robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to be honest and say i didn't like any of the guest hosts over the summer and Eamonn I find hard to take for one day a week!

Remember when it used to be two women hosting so does it even have to be a man? But it was Twiggy and Coleen and it flopped...however Coleen seems a different person now and a much better host..or is it just me??
    I would love Paul O'Grady but doubt anyone would agree

They need to have a sense of humour but be an understanding and caring host too and have some rappor with guests.....who fills that capacity right now?
    Surprisingly I quite liked Peter Andre..what happened to him being entertainment correspondent?
    How about Mel & Sue?
  • Options
    MrsRobinsonMrsRobinson Posts: 4,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pon farr wrote: »
    My vote would have to be for Chris Evans, he made 'Big Breakfast' what it was, and who knows he could perhaps repeat his winning ways, given the right direction.
    Nooooooooo!! He's bad enough for 30 minutes on The One Show and two hours on TV would be two hours too much!!!:eek:

Someone like Paul O'Grady would be much better because at least he has some humility and sensitivity to deal with some of the items on This Morning, whereas Chris Evans has neither quality and is far too manic!!! :eek: Peter Andre is heaps better than Chris Evans!
  • Options
    XIVXIV Posts: 21,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Holly and Phil work well together so they need someone who can handle both heavy and light material but who has great chemistry with the co-host.

Paul O'Grady would be good but not sure if he would want to do four days a week, Ben Shephard would be good too.

Eamonn and Ruth are fine but I imagine they the current arrangement of Fridays Monday to Thursdays during the summer. Do either cover when Phil or Holly are absent or do they get other presenters?
  • Options
    zofo1960zofo1960 Posts: 217
    Forum Member
    the test card