Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i dont understand the air head comments

she doesn't come across as thick to me
  • AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    Ella Nut wrote: »
    Let us also not forget THIS from 2010.

On BBC Radio 1 this morning, Fearne Cotton described her surname to Morgan Freeman as " Cotton, as in 'Cotton picking' "

Morgan replied with "My name's Freeman. As in 'no longer picking cotton'."

Actually made me chuckle- fine work, and a great response from Mr Freeman!
    barcajaden wrote: »
    Oh come on, read between the lines.

Read half the comments attributed to her here, and ask yourself whether they are rational, fair, reasoned and accurate or ever so slightly OTT.

*retreats quickly from thread*
  • Brighton BhelleBrighton Bhelle Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    barcajaden wrote: »

You obviously didn't watch the Charlie Brooker piece that was quoted above by seansnotmyname@.

Just so you know she is an airhead, here it is again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-OatBpJq3E
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,383
    Forum Member
    In fairness to Fearne, I got the impression she had to significantly dumb down her questions and comments there in order to get through to Peaches Geldof, who really does seem like she was born without a brain.
  • planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    In fairness to Fearne, I got the impression she had to significantly dumb down her questions and comments there in order to get through to Peaches Geldof, who really does seem like she was born without a brain.

Peaches shows Fearne her LRon Hubbard collection of books and the only thing Fearne can think of to ask is "have you colour coded your books?" :eek::D
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,383
    Forum Member
    planets wrote: »
    Peaches shows Fearne her LRon Hubbard collection of books and the only thing Fearne can think of to ask is "have you colour coded your books?" :eek::D

I doubt Peaches has ever actually opened those books. They looked brand new and untouched. Probaby there for decoration. Although if Peaches really is reading that crap, it reinforces the brainless theory.
  • planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    I doubt Peaches has ever actually opened those books. They looked brand new and untouched. Probaby there for decoration. Although if Peaches really is reading that crap, it reinforces the brainless theory.

to be fair to Peaches i think you HAVE to buy them.....;)
  • pfgpowellpfgpowell Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    pwuz wrote: »
    she is an award winning tv presenter, radio dj, painter, drawer, charity worker, clothes designer, writer, philanthropist, mother, i cant think of anyone young with more skills

Come on, get real, all she has is a good PR agent - 'painter, drawer, charity worker, clothes designer, writer, philantropist and mother, and when she puts her mind to it, she can walk on water. All I know is that when I hear her, on the radio and on TV she comes across as a thick-as-shit clothes horse with a nice a*** and smile. Look, it's showbiz.
  • darkislanddarkisland Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Fearne. The OP's comments are exaggerated (I imagine deliberately so, with the intention of prompting the response they got), but she is a pretty good DJ and presenter.

I'd be interested to learn what makes a bad 'DJ and presenter' in davethescot's book.
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    darkisland wrote: »
    I'd be interested to learn what makes a bad 'DJ and presenter' in davethescot's book.

There's been plenty of bad presenters. Ian Wright would be a stand-out example.
  • ShizukuShizuku Posts: 2,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like her but if you think she's the most talented young woman in the UK, you need to take less drugs.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could never understand why FC had got as far as she has with next to no talent until someone pointed out her second name.:yawn:

Nepotism imho.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cotton? Wait.. wut?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shizuku wrote: »
    Cotton? Wait.. wut?

Just for you.:)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Cotton
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interdasting! Bit distant though I'd say… I always thought she had won a competition on kids tv to be a presenter when she was about 15, Diggit or something, maybe I have false memories.

Presenting isn't as easy as it looks either, believe me I've had to film a few people who called themselves presenters… 2 hours later you might be lucky if you have one decent take.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shizuku wrote: »
    Interdasting! Bit distant though I'd say… I always thought she had won a competition on kids tv to be a presenter when she was about 15, Diggit or something, maybe I have false memories.

Presenting isn't as easy as it looks either, believe me I've had to film a few people who called themselves presenters… 2 hours later you might be lucky if you have one decent take.

No, your memories are correct.
    But you have to consider that judging something like that isn't like winning a competition which has a clear winner which can't be disputed. It's going to be an arbitrary subjective decision.
    This was even before the days of scandal when things like cat naming competitions on television were found to be rigged.

However admittedly this isn't indicative of how talented or not she is, it just suggests that the idea she won was down to her 'skillz' alone may be a bit dubious and questionable. Especially when you consider that the business she's in is known to have nepotistic tendencies, and that her surname in itself raises a bit of skepticism.
    Of course it may be the case that she's deemed to be good enough to present TV shows, but the point is that there are quite possibly thousands who are as good or better.

It depends on what edge you think she possesses which got her the job over others.
    Perhaps she really does have a required ability to listen to instructions through her mike and continue to present at the same time? Maybe that's all which is required of her for the jobs they want her to do, and so they are prepared to afford her the luxury of speaking inane drivel?
  • TributeTribute Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ella Nut wrote: »
    Let us also not forget THIS from 2010.

On BBC Radio 1 this morning, Fearne Cotton described her surname to Morgan Freeman as " Cotton, as in 'Cotton picking' "

Morgan replied with "My name's Freeman. As in 'no longer picking cotton'."

I so wanted this to be true. Unfortunately it's not.
  • kitten12kitten12 Posts: 3,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm shocked no-one has posted Charlie Brooker's evisceration of her yet.

I may have to do it, here......

Absolutely fantastic, thanks for posting.:)
  • gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    I cannot stand her sneery attitude towards others, she presents as though she has a bad smell under her nose even when others are polite to her.

Throwaway lines as if others are beneath her very limited presenting skills although skill is something she lacks.

She is marginally better on Celeb Juice but I think she has had family connections helping her get on in the business as for me she lacks any discernable talent in doing her job at all
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gilliedew wrote: »
    I cannot stand her sneery attitude towards others, she presents as though she has a bad smell under her nose even when others are polite to her.

Throwaway lines as if others are beneath her very limited presenting skills although skill is something she lacks.

She is marginally better on Celeb Juice but I think she has had family connections helping her get on in the business as for me she lacks any discernable talent in doing her job at all

I know exactly what you mean.
    She used to do that a lot when she was presenting with somebody else.
    The other presenter would say something and she would do something like pull a 'weird' face and say "Yes...well" in that really condescending manner, as though the other person was an idiot or they'd said something really embarrassing and uncool. Acting like a right smart arse as though she was better than them.
    Likewise she'd also act like that when asking somebody a couple of questions in a quick interview. Ask the question, then after the reply is given pull a face and make a sneery comment, then turn back to face the camera leaving the other person looking like a pillock.

You don't see it as much nowadays because she doesn't tend to present shows as the other half of a presenting duo now. She's possibly also learned over time that it doesn't make a presenter look good.
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TBH, I just love that Brooker clip, so I use it whenever I can. I probably think Fearne is mostly harmless, I'm not a fan, but she seems no worse than most on TV.

She is shallow, but that's the World she lives in, Radio1, and pop, you don't expect Mensa candidates. She has done some fairly disastrous Live VTs on big occasions, and I have thought it odd she only get's promoted after these things. Yet her radio show seems to be doing fine, and she seems nice enough.

Clearly the OP is a bit umm, obsessed or on a wind-up, but heigh-ho.

Peaches on the other hand is a horrid brat.
  • Brighton BhelleBrighton Bhelle Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Peaches on the other hand is a horrid brat.

To be fair, Peaches does seem to have grown up a lot since she got married and had kids.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The OP obviously hasn't seen Morganas (with Boobs) interpretation of his overrated Fearne..:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm shocked no-one has posted Charlie Brooker's evisceration of her yet.

I may have to do it, here......

Superb.:D
    Thank you.
  • ChrisJamesSatsChrisJamesSats Posts: 458
    Forum Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6M93SDCl-g

Is this Fearne Cotton at the beginning or have I had too many lagers?