Robbie Williams - Rudebox (album)

1235»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    If any other artist sold 147,000 albums in a week, you wouldn't be saying 'only?'

Are you one of the 3am girls? ;)
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lin1302 wrote:
    If any other artist sold 147,000 albums in a week, you wouldn't be saying 'only?'

No, sweetheart, I'm not. ;)

But honestly, that's not a lot for someone on his level. I guess for no promotion it's okay though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    :mad: Yet again RW pulls another pants album out of the fire, yet more dross and foul language (Again i suppose to increase sales!), yes, as mentioned there are a "FEW" good tunes in there, but, i'll DL them seperately and leave the rest to the consignment of time. :yawn:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,361
    Forum Member
    I think he's done very well in sales considering his tour ended here weeks ago and he's done no promotion.
  • 19711971 Posts: 1,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    there was quite alot of promotion within the RW fan sites etc
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think we can honestly say there was no promotion - the tour itself has been good promotion for the album and the fact that everybody was talking about Rudebox (usually in a negative way but still). He's been in the press a lot too. I think it will sell more in the long run - especially if a few more good singles are released. The fact that many people didn't like Rudebox has probably put some off.

But anyway. I really like the album which has come as a complete surprise. I bought it out of loyalty and with an open mind but am enjoying it so far. In particular I like She's Madonna, The Actor, Never Touch That Switch, King of the Bongo, Viva Life on Mars and, my favourite, Lovelight. Even Rudebox is kinda growing on me! The second half of the album requires more listening as I tend to switch off and go and do something else before I get to the end but it is looking promising.

I think the only Robbie albums that I've liked more than this would be Escapology - and the Greatest Hits obviously but it doesn't really count.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    I didn't realise the tune "D*ckhead" is about Liam Gallagher!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lin1302 wrote:

He's a victim of his own success though, it's well down on his previous first week sales for albums :sleep:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    Smiggle wrote:
    I didn't realise the tune "D*ckhead" is about Liam Gallagher!

I don't think it is, I think they're either or confused or making up crap again. The article in The Sun doesn't make sense.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    Well done to Mr RW - Album ' Rudebox ' is doing very really well in the Official Album Charts

N0 1 in Europe
    No 2 World Charts

No 1 in UK, Australia, Argentina, Austria, Denmark, Switzerland, Italy, Germany, Finland & continuing to rise in other countries

Not bad for an Album that was cut to pieces by certain members of the media.
  • troublepettroublepet Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It sold 378k around the world in its first week which was the amount IC sold in the uk alone.
    Forum Member
    That may be the case but it is still number 1 in those countries & climbing for an album that was criticised so much.
    In the last year a lot of people have stared buying their CD's from cdwow & play.com etc as they are way cheaper than HMV & Virgin Megastore. CDwow & play .com sales are not counted in the charts hence the sales of all Albums in units at the moment are down in comparison to other years.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like it,well done Robbie.The swearing business on '********' is a glitch though.
  • AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    I don't think it is, I think they're either or confused or making up crap again. The article in The Sun doesn't make sense.
    Bit of both I think. La Newton clarified the next day. She'd got mixed up between a very old unreleased Robbie/Guy track(that was mentioned in HER column a few weeks ago) and D*ckhead, apparently. How the article ever got to press is beyond me though.
    What's the average sales for a no 1 album these days -does anyone know?
    Forum Member
    Not 100% sure how it works but info is usually given on www.mediatraffic.de/tracks.htm

World Charts - Albums

Forum Member
    Not 100% sure how it works but info is usually given on www.mediatraffic.de/tracks.htm

World Charts - Albums

1. Chemical Romance
    Forum Member
    Sorry - Lost the track on that

World Charts on the Mediatraffice site -

1. Chemical Romance Qty 381k
    2. Robbie Williams Qty 378k
    3. John Legend 308k

Overall not sure about overall sales
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely LOVE rudebox. Totally different to anything he's done before, and I love almost every song on it (apart from Viva Life On Mars). And he was FANTASTIC at milton keynes in september :D.
  • MadonnaMIXMadonnaMIX Posts: 9,692
    Forum Member
    This has got to be Robbies worst Album i hope he gets Guy chambers back writing his songs.....the best song on rudebox is Shes madonna it would make a good single :)
    Forum Member
    I would be very surprised if that happened - no going back on that I think. This Album has done pretty well in Europe so a lot of people like it - at the end of the day - buy it if you like - if not don't bother. Easy choice ??????.