BBC website c***-up!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,481
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Watch this video of post-match interviews from today's Everton v Man City game...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/match_of_the_day/8018649.stm

The first interview which eventually appears after 3 mins of feet (!) is actually a Sky Sports interview!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A real insight into the true world of journalism.
  • polanticpolantic Posts: 683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    coxy0211 wrote: »
    Watch this video of post-match interviews from today's Everton v Man City game...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/match_of_the_day/8018649.stm

The first interview which eventually appears after 3 mins of feet (!) is actually a Sky Sports interview!
    Hehe.

Wonder how that happened? I didn't think post-match interviews were pooled.
  • Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    polantic wrote: »
    Hehe.

Wonder how that happened? I didn't think post-match interviews were pooled.
    Non-live games are produced by the BBC and Sky.

Where the BBC produce a game, their cameras film all post-match interviews; where Sky produce a game, their cameras film all post-match interviews. But the questions are still posed by the relevant person (hence the reason Tony Gubba appeared after Gary Weaver had finished).

Presumably, it's then a case of the whole tape being given to both broadcasters (or they record a live feed).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark. wrote: »
    Non-live games are produced by the BBC and Sky.

Where the BBC produce a game, their cameras film all post-match interviews; where Sky produce a game, their cameras film all post-match interviews. But the questions are still posed by the relevant person (hence the reason Tony Gubba appeared after Gary Weaver had finished).

Presumably, it's then a case of the whole tape being given to both broadcasters (or they record a live feed).

Ah, right - thanks for the explanation.

I was wondering why BBC cameras would be filming Sky Sports interviews (or vice versa)!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    coxy0211 wrote: »
    Ah, right - thanks for the explanation.

I was wondering why BBC cameras would be filming Sky Sports interviews (or vice versa)!
    Sky filmed this one - there was a flash of the logo.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky filmed this one - there was a flash of the logo.
    That was just on the mic. Weaver removed it before Gubba took over (and it was presumably replaced with a "BBC Sport" one).
  • D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting insight there, I didn't realise the interviews actually worked like that. :) Interesting to see how it works with the boards getting took up and down. Someone get it onto YouTube before it gets took off the website please! ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its sorted now so the thread should be closed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's been taken down now...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just as well I managed to record it then ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark. wrote: »
    Just as well I managed to record it then ;)

Can you YT it please? I clearly missed it by a few minutes =[
  • FMDJFMDJ Posts: 894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    its sorted now so the thread should be closed.

What a silly thing to say. It's still raised a lot of discussion! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • gilstagilsta Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Best bit was Tony Gubba admitting off-camera that he didn't watch last weeks MOTD so had no idea what David Moyes was talking about.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gilsta wrote: »
    Best bit was Tony Gubba admitting off-camera that he didn't watch last weeks MOTD so had no idea what David Moyes was talking about.

And describing Moyes' mood towards him as "frosty" (which was quite an understatement!).

Good job Gubba is too professional to say what he really thinks whilst the cameras might still be running...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    coolmark18 wrote: »
    Can you YT it please? I clearly missed it by a few minutes =[
    I just tried to crop the video (had to use screen capture software to record it) and I ran out of disk space!

I'll have another go, but after compressing the original video...