BT Contract Up. Options?

Ramsay LaddersRamsay Ladders Posts: 3,017
Forum Member
✭✭✭
My contract with BT is now up. I have been quite happy with the service, been paying £12.99 for option 1. (in a NON LLU area). Opions for moving are quite limited. I have Sky Tv but have read bad things about Sky Connect so don't want to go there.

Now, I have BT Vision but fancy a new black box I(everything else on my rack is black). Assuming they won't give me one as a retention sweetener, If I leave for a month or 2 and come back to BT would I still be classed as a new customer? I could then get a free V Box, discounts, Quidco etc.

Comments

• tomorrowtomorrow Posts: 32,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am in the same boat. Just had a bill through and adding it all up and BT have taken way too much money off me!

£30 BT Option 3 (plus VAT)
    £12.79 line rental (plus VAT)
    £42.79 p/m plus VAT - I rarely use the phone so costs under a couple of quid a month for those

Speed at 1.5 Mb .... nothing to write home about

Time to move ........ but where to.
  • Mystic EddyMystic Eddy Posts: 3,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My contract with BT is now up. I have been quite happy with the service, been paying £12.99 for option 1. (in a NON LLU area). Opions for moving are quite limited. I have Sky Tv but have read bad things about Sky Connect so don't want to go there.

Now, I have BT Vision but fancy a new black box I(everything else on my rack is black). Assuming they won't give me one as a retention sweetener, If I leave for a month or 2 and come back to BT would I still be classed as a new customer? I could then get a free V Box, discounts, Quidco etc.

I reckon if you'll agree to an 18 month contract, they'll give you a new V Box etc. Has your exchange been enabled for WBC (up to 20Mb)?
    tomorrow wrote: »
    I am in the same boat. Just had a bill through and adding it all up and BT have taken way too much money off me!

£30 BT Option 3 (plus VAT)
    £12.79 line rental (plus VAT)
    £42.79 p/m plus VAT - I rarely use the phone so costs under a couple of quid a month for those

Speed at 1.5 Mb .... nothing to write home about

Time to move ........ but where to.

Have you looked at Plusnet? They usually work out quite cheap. Do you have any LLU providers at your exchange?
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just don't go with AO Hell. I was with them for 6 years and their customer service went from good to absolutely terrible.
  • Ramsay LaddersRamsay Ladders Posts: 3,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon if you'll agree to an 18 month contract, they'll give you a new V Box etc. Has your exchange been enabled for WBC (up to 20Mb)?

Have you looked at Plusnet? They usually work out quite cheap. Do you have any LLU providers at your exchange?

I emailed them to request a MAC code to test the water and they came back with £3 off my option 1 so I would be paying the same as I was last year (but I received a new home hub last time).

No WBC at my exchange sadly. I have been quite happy with BT so if they were to give me a new V Box then I would be happy enough to stay. I will phone and ask for that later.
  • Ramsay LaddersRamsay Ladders Posts: 3,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    Just don't go with AO Hell. I was with them for 6 years and their customer service went from good to absolutely terrible.

They are owned by Talk Talk now aren't they? Having had a VERY bad experience with them in the past I would not touch them with the proverbial barge pole!
  • tomorrowtomorrow Posts: 32,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

PlusNet are a pain .... I used to be with them when they were force9 even ....

I think I might be able to go Talk Talk ....but the reviews and connection seems to be poor