10 Reasons You Should Never Get A Job

123457»

Comments

• koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Richard46 wrote: »
    At what rate would you set that? If you believe in working at all.

I suggest you google 'Living Wage' and you find various suggestions for what it could be, made by people who are better at economics than me, but who do support the idea.

I believe in working, but that work should be there for us, not us there for work.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dr. Claw wrote: »
    a rather strange read this thread and this here reply pretty much sums it up the most

People who work are no more 'free' than those of us on benefits.

Workers either rely on their employers to employ them, or if self employed on customers to hire them.
  • Richard46Richard46 Posts: 59,834
    Forum Member
    I suggest you google 'Living Wage' and you find various suggestions for what it could be, made by people who are better at economics than me, but who do support the idea.

I believe in working, but that work should be there for us, not us there for work.

I am well informed on minimum wage legislation. I was asking what you thought the citizens wage should be as you where advocating one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am well informed on minimum wage legislation. I was asking what you thought the citizens wage should be as you where advocating one.

I know you were asking me, but why do I have to suggest a level just because I'm advocating one?
  • Dr. ClawDr. Claw Posts: 7,375
    Forum Member

Workers either rely on their employers to employ them, or if self employed on customers to hire them.

So I spend a few hours each day working and I buy a house and anything else I fancy. I'm thus rewarded and I'm very much free for doing so
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dr. Claw wrote: »
    So I spend a few hours each day working and I buy a house and anything else I fancy. I'm thus rewarded and I'm very much free for doing so

I have a house and don't need rewarding for any thing and am as free as my disability allows me to be free.
  • Richard46Richard46 Posts: 59,834
    Forum Member
    I know you were asking me, but why do I have to suggest a level just because I'm advocating one?

So how would you access if a citizens wage has been achieved?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    So how would you access if a citizens wage has been achieved?

I'm not sure what you mean?

If a person didn't die of hunger and homelessness then a Citizens Income (not wage) would have worked.

Plus a Living wage for workers.
  • Shirley CarterShirley Carter Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    I don't understand why someone who will never work again in their life spends so much time going on about jobs and workers. It's a bit like these armchair detectives, only he's an armchair 'worker' :D

Bit rude though thinking people who work are mugs. Sounds a bit like baiting to me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand why someone who will never work again in their life spends so much time going on about jobs and workers. It's a bit like these armchair detectives, only he's an armchair 'worker' :D

Bit rude though thinking people who work are mugs. Sounds a bit like baiting to me.

The only baiting going on are the people who post about me and accuse me of baiting. Notice the age of the thread and the response from the person who brought it back to life.

It's really sad when people have to attack the messenger rather than the message.
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    NVM.

Suckered by an old thread.
  • lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    A Citzen's Income and a Living wage would be a good start.

Surely they are just pay levels and have no bearing on the fundamental system of work and reward.
  • towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If people didn't work, modern society would collapse - who's going to make the food you eat? (growing crops is often hard work, as is slaughtering animals) who's going to treat you when you're sick? Who's going to make the car / bus you want to travel in? Who's going to entertain you on tv, radio and the Internet because no one works as an electrician or performer?

You need to be grateful to those who do work, to provide your lazy arse with a life worth living.
  • towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a house and don't need rewarding for any thing and am as free as my disability allows me to be free.

Modern society allows you to be free..

In the past, it was very much 'each to their own' and if you couldn't grow crops in a field, you starved.
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    towers wrote: »
    If people didn't work, modern society would collapse - who's going to make the food you eat? (growing crops is often hard work, as is slaughtering animals) who's going to treat you when you're sick? Who's going to make the car / bus you want to travel in? Who's going to entertain you on tv, radio and the Internet because no one works as an electrician or performer?

You need to be grateful to those who do work, to provide your lazy arse with a life worth living.

I think the OP is trying to distinguish between work and having a job. Lots of people do things that can be considered work for no pay. Whether those things would include working in a sewage works I'm not so sure. Working because you want to is not the same as being forced to work to survive.

Plenty of people would happily perform for nothing though. People who love to entertain would do it for free.
  • TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    im on ESA and am trying to get work, am not getting the help that was promised to me though :(