Options

TV Favourites - any chance of tidying the menu?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 206
Forum Member
Just wondering if Top Up TV will tidy its TV Favourites menu / lozenges now that Sky Sports has ceased and ESPN has just over 4 weeks left to run?

Sky Sports1&2 + ESPN can be removed and I think it would also be beneficial to cease the 'Pick Of The Week' titles too.

A condensed lozenge system containing G.O.L.D., Picturebox, National Geographic, History, CI & Drama would certainly be much easier to scroll along.

The banners in the top right of the menu screen need revising too.

A few software tweaks that probably wouldn't cost anything to implement, yet would help improve the look / interactivity of the TV Favourites service.

Not sure what Top Up TV will do with its website, it's well out of date & since the contract with Sky has ended, the sports logos / packages will surely need removing too...

Comments

• Options
    Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You will have a blank screen to stare at shortly so I wouldn't worry about it :D

Why bother doing anything with a service that is closing plus telling their customers to subscribe to Sky :confused: :eek: :D

Clearly some forum members are living in denial with posts like this :eek:

This all reminds a clip from Father Ted. Small...far away :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25N-4zrk390
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 206
    Forum Member
    Not living denial, just wondering if the menus can be decluttered?

Surely it wouldn't cost anything to delete a few lozenges to help improve the navigation, especially if (as rumoured) TV Favourites does run through 'til November?
  • Options
    Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shine On wrote: »
    Not living denial, just wondering if the menus can be decluttered?

Surely it wouldn't cost anything to delete a few lozenges to help improve the navigation, especially if (as rumoured) TV Favourites does run through 'til November?

Well if they cant be bothered to update their website then I think that will hints at the likely answer. The people who did that stuff are no longer employed......
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shine On, I do agree with you over the sorting out bit as Everything Goes also points out we don't know if Top Up will last after July 31st and if it does will there be any sort of IT staff left to do this sort of thing.

I'd say there must be someone who knows a few things, basic as they may be, as you can't buy via the website any longer.

It is a shame but even I don't see them lasting now the sports have gone and when you add in the buy from Sky bit then that put the nail in the long wooden box I think.

I still think BT should have kept a deal going with Top Up for another 12 months to pull in as many new subscribers as possible as they sell their broadband etc.
  • Options
    MJH1962MJH1962 Posts: 184
    Forum Member
    Shine On, I still think BT should have kept a deal going with Top Up for another 12 months to pull in as many new subscribers as possible as they sell their broadband etc.

There is no logic to this at all. Firstly, BT is only prepared to sell the channels directly. That is why there is no deal with Sky, Virgin or TUTV. Secondly, if it did such a deal, then TUTV would want to add its astronomical mark-up to the monthly cost and there is no way BT would wish to be associated with a £40-£50 per month charge for something that is free to BT Broadband subscribers or £12 per month via satellite only.
  • Options
    RoweyRowey Posts: 2,154
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tutv has been going for nearly 10 years and most of that time didn't have sky sports or espn.

They probably will close, but they have managed without Sky Sports before for many years.
  • Options
    MJH1962MJH1962 Posts: 184
    Forum Member
    Rowey wrote: »
    Tutv has been going for nearly 10 years and most of that time didn't have sky sports or espn.

They probably will close, but they have managed without Sky Sports before for many years.

"Managed" without sports when it had far more of a non-sports offering than it does today. Its racked up massive losses year after year, with a small subscriber base, so I don't give it any chance of survival as a provider on DTT.