Katie Price has had her Baby

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me either...I waited to get my stuff until the week before baby Britain was born ( knew date cos I was having a c section) .. Makes me a bad mum to if we go by the posts on here :rolleyes:
    I also worked until 4 days before my daughter was due .. And had a holiday 6 weeks before she was due ...what a bad mother I am ;)

I worked to the day before my due date, I wanted to make the most of my maternity leave after little lion arrived. I was due a few days before Christmas and was glad to get everything out of the way before the shops were busy in November and December! Plus I do adore buying baby things....

As for freebies.. well all parents get the bounty pack with goodies in them and little books of advice about what you need, and I was chuffed with that, plus by planning ahead I was able to partake in special offer weekends.

I wouldn't have liked to have freebies as they might not have been exactly what I wanted, my Dad insisted on buying the travel system (family tradition that the granddad buys the baby the pram) so I didn't get the bugaboo system I would have bought myself because I thought it was a bit cheeky - so I went for a good system that was half the price... I love it but I do get a bit of pram envy when I see a bugaboo! lol.....

If I was a multimillionaire then I would definitely buy that I wanted rather than have things sent to me for free that I wouldn't use, or enjoy using!

I certainly wouldn't result to begging... surely all of her wealthy friends can buy her lovely gifts to supply the baby with what it needs anyway:D

I will not be buying any more baby gifts from companies that give her freebies...there are so many women and babies in genuine need, and I think they should be given something for nothing before people who don't need the hand outs!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,933
    Forum Member
    He does it the classier way, with an ofcom investigation :eek:

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/w0005071.html

I always laughed at the tight camera close up on the phone number of the removals van in his moving house episode.

The investigation found nothing wrong. You always see product placements on TV, sometimes they cover things over when no contract has been made. But there is a difference - in this case, the companies want to be associated, if you have to ask on twitter, then they clearly do not.
    But you are right, it certainly is classier and shows the profile of one is currently higher than that of the other.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He does it the classier way, with an ofcom investigation :eek:

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/w0005071.html

I always laughed at the tight camera close up on the phone number of the removals van in his moving house episode.

:D:D:D or the pic of him pushing a trolley at the airport with a advert plastic bag stretched right across it :D as if he ever pushes airport trolleys, he usually leaves that to his elderly dad or pregnant g/friend :rolleyes:
  • Cyril_SneerCyril_Sneer Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liz G-S wrote: »
    The investigation found nothing wrong. You always see product placements on TV, sometimes they cover things over when no contract has been made. But there is a difference - in this case, the companies want to be associated, if you have to ask on twitter, then they clearly do not.
    But you are right, it certainly is classier and shows the profile of one is currently higher than that of the other.

This was before product placement was officially allowed on TV i think. The problem with what you said was you assume the companies contacted him but you don't know if he contacted the companies by means other than twitter. But the fact is, if he tweeted "i saw emily and we are shopping for the baby" it does exactly the same thing as her tweeting "any recommendations?". Bit less pointed admittedly - but i guarantee both would get the emails coming in.

The mere fact there was an ofcom investigation meaning either the public felt the need to complain or the programme monitors felt the need to raise a possible red flag kinda goes to show he was overdoing the product blagging quite a bit! :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This was before product placement was officially allowed on TV i think. The problem with what you said was you assume the companies contacted him but you don't know if he contacted the companies by means other than twitter. But the fact is, if he tweeted "i saw emily and we are shopping for the baby" it does exactly the same thing as her tweeting "any recommendations?". Bit less pointed admittedly - but i guarantee both would get the emails coming in.

The thing is she has had to request this twice on twitter.... once before the baby was born and once after!

I think that if you are going to contact companies for freebies... then twitter is the most pathetic way to do it? It suggests that she may not have had any luck in doing it through more informal routes, and this reeks of desperation!
    Forum Member

I am not sure if she will get any emails or offers. I am sure she knows what she wants and will have to wait to see if that company takes the bait. The upmarket companies are less likely to.

I think that product placement has been around for longer than a couple of years and Ofcom anyway found that no regulations had been violated. I am going by the information available and having to resort to twitter seems pretty desperate to me compared to making the deal in the same way as other celebrities through the normal channels.

I am not sure why saying 'We are shopping for the baby' would be seen as a request for free gifts. Some people would anyway rather choose their own baby things and enjoy shopping for them themselves - it is all part of the fun.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But she has asked about other things too from wedding dresses to cosmetics and baby things. As a mother of 4 who uses the internet all the time and is permanently in shops, I don't think she needs to go on twitter to ask random unknown followers for their advice.
    No, I think she is definitely trying to get things for free - she is always looking to get money - didn't Lisa Benjamin say on IAC, that Katie told her she has mug written on her forehead for exchanging a couple of sentences with a journalist without first negotiating a deal.
    It is OK though, it is her life and I'm not criticising her, the companies do not have to give her anything. I am just surprised she is doing it as it is a bit degrading and makes it clear that she is no longer considered worth giving freebies to. It is surely better to just get a family member to buy the stuff for her than have everyone know this.

Their her fans, what else is she supposed to talk to or reply to them about, how do you know no one has given her freebies ?
    Forum Member
    Cym wrote: »
    Their her fans, what else is she supposed to talk to or reply to them about, how do you know no one has given her freebies ?

Because she has to ask for them
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am not sure why saying 'We are shopping for the baby' would be seen as a request for free gifts.

I'm not sure how "any recommendations?" is a request for free gifts either. They both do the same, put in peoples minds they are looking for stuff.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because she has to ask for them

So shes actually asking for freebies ?
    Forum Member
    Cym wrote: »
    So shes actually asking for freebies ?

That is how I see her requests for advice on where to buy or for advice on wedding dresses, baby clothes and a clearly specified list of baby equipment
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure how "any recommendations?" is a request for free gifts either. They both do the same, put in peoples minds they are looking for stuff.

If it was put on twitter and the question was "where should we buy" or "what shall we buy" rather than "we are buying" then I would agree that it also probably a request for freebies.
    Except it hasn't even happened yet, so is completely hypothetical
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is how I see her requests for advice on where to buy or for advice on wedding dresses, baby clothes and a clearly specified list of baby equipment

"Requests for advice"...... from her fans
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it was put on twitter and the question was "where should we buy" or "what shall we buy" rather than "we are buying" then I would agree that it also probably a request for freebies.
    Except it hasn't even happened yet, so is completely hypothetical

If i ask "what shall i buy" it means i'm looking for advice. If i put "im shopping" it means i'm looking to buy. Neither are requests for freebies - it's how you have chosen to interpret it.
  • LoriseLorise Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course she won't and can't ask out right as a lot of celebs (and I use that term loosely ) are being watched through twitter about all this plugging companies that give them freebies, so I am sure KP is trying to get by this by asking her fans in the way she has, hoping the companies will give her the stuff free still.
    yes she isn't the only one a lot of other celebs do it and Kev too and many many more but she has a really poorly baby to think about (still don't believe that either, but she is flogging plenty of stories tweets so she wants us to)so her priority should be there with him not scrounging for things through twitter....that would be the last thing on my mind, and like others have stated she can get her family to help.
  • SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't recall any tweets from Pete saying he was shopping for the baby with Emily :confused: It's a very familiar pattern on Katie's twitter, 'does anyone know' tweets followed by acknowledgements to the suppliers. But to be fair it is the only channel available to her now all her TV shows are behind her and her PriceysTV has failed to take off, only 1,936 subscribers and only 6 uploads so far http://www.youtube.com/user/PriceysTV.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still not sure how possibly asking for freebies or not having a fully stocked nursery months in advance means someone isn't a loving and genuine mum. :confused:

There are times when her parenting can rightly be criticised but I'm not sure this is one of them tbh
    Forum Member
    If i ask "what shall i buy" it means i'm looking for advice. If i put "im shopping" it means i'm looking to buy. Neither are requests for freebies - it's how you have chosen to interpret it.

I disagree, but it doesn't matter. After all, only Katie knows why she has recently started asking her twitter followers what are the best buys for baby clothes, baby equipment, of which she has even added a detailed list, and wedding dresses, to name just some
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Neither are requests for freebies, just someone, like a lot of mums, just wanting to know whats the best from someone who may have tried and tested something that they are considering purchasing, Id like to know how some have made their minds up that Pricey is having to ask/beg for freebies ? I personally have had boxes of presents/freebies in my attic that just because I was given them, dosent mean I like them or will use them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SenseiSam wrote: »
    I don't recall any tweets from Pete saying he was shopping for the baby with Emily :confused: It's a very familiar pattern on Katie's twitter, 'does anyone know' tweets followed by acknowledgements to the suppliers. But to be fair it is the only channel available to her now all her TV shows are behind her and her PriceysTV has failed to take off, only 1,936 subscribers and only 6 uploads so far http://www.youtube.com/user/PriceysTV.

Well she does have the channel of actually requesting meetings with suppliers if she did want to do deals. I used Pete as example of wording it differently yet companies still get the idea to send things - many of them scan the media to find celebs who might be interested in their stuff.

She may have just been asking for advice, but if not, its a perk of the job many take. I'm just failing to see how it makes someone a bad mother?
  • BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What I don't understand is she had to use twitter twice to "ask for advice" from her "fans" for recommendation on where to get baby things.

Hasn't she discussed it with her friends? I mean one has just had a baby hasn't she? So she hasn't talked about this with her or others close to her?

Also she is not liable to be without an assistant who could help her. Or she could have googled the internet for reviews on baby equipment to see what she considers is best rather than tweeting about her shoes.

Also it's not like she is 1st time mother, she has had 3 babies prior to Jett so she isn't going into this without any idea on what to get, where to buy from etc. I could understand a 1st time mum tweeting something like that as it can be very overwhelming knowing what to get and where from.

She's like a friend who compliments you on a item of clothing/ jewellery and then says she "wishes I could get that because it looks so good on you and I've got a wedding/ party/ bar mitzvah to go to tomorrow..." and you let her borrow it without her actually asking to.

Also the fact she was VERY specific on the colour of what she wanted reeks of an underhanded way of waiting for a company to come forward and offer her what she wanted, in the colour she wanted.
    Forum Member
    Well she does have the channel of actually requesting meetings with suppliers if she did want to do deals. I used Pete as example of wording it differently yet companies still get the idea to send things - many of them scan the media to find celebs who might be interested in their stuff.

She may have just been asking for advice, but if not, its a perk of the job many take. I'm just failing to see how it makes someone a bad mother?

I can't remember Pete ever saying anything about planning to go shopping for his baby and if he didn't why bring him into the discussion.
  • sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This scrounging on twitter doesn't make her a bad mother (she isn't a very good one for other reasons though), but it does show her up for what she is .....a greedy, grasping person. Asking her fans for advice ? my a**e !
  • SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Personally I wasn't making any comment on her mothering skills, more that, as I think Caitlin Moran described her, she's 'a gimlet-eyed marketing machine'. Very few twitter updates for her loyal fans when they were desperate for news of her and Jett but then a tweet which appears to be angling for deals on baby equipment. But that's how she is, surprised her supporters don't embrace it and say it shows her business nous rather than try to say it doesn't happen :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't remember Pete ever saying anything about planning to go shopping for his baby and if he didn't why bring him into the discussion.

it's "hypothetical".

if he tweeted "i saw emily and we are shopping for the baby"

If you have a problem with me using pete replace pete with simon cowell (same height). same difference.
This discussion has been closed.