Solange Knowles attacks Jay Z! (Video)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nothing new.
    When the next female teacher is caught raping a schoolboy (sorry a'hem,sexually assaulting) see the double standards the media and these forums apply.

Agreed. >:(
  • RuinedGirlRuinedGirl Posts: 918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grey Lady wrote: »
    Agreed. >:(

It's okay for Michael Jackson to do it though, right?
  • attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's still wrong though, especially because in general female on male violence is treated as something to be laughed at or denied as being a problem.

I just find it really troubling as I have never understood the hypocrisy.

Agreed. People wouldn't be laughing and making memes if it was the other way round, it isn't fair. But there are many ways in which women are the victim of double standards too.
  • muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eamon. Holmes said on. This Morning that he interviewed solange and she was a rather odd person to interview, clearly he didn't like her at all
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    muddipaws wrote: »
    Eamon. Holmes said on. This Morning that he interviewed solange and she was a rather odd person to interview, clearly he didn't like her at all

Perhaps he asked if she was Lebanese :kitty:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,204
    Forum Member

Unless he has interviewed her more than once, I recall that interview as it was so awkward.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cavalli wrote: »
    Perhaps he asked if she was Lebanese :kitty:

:D Best Eamon moment ever.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I actually remember when she first started out on the scene and she came across as extremely rude, up herself, and wouldn't let people talk about Beyonce in any capacity. I think I've read/heard Eamon bemoan the fact he interview her a few times before so it seems to have rather traumatised the poor bloke! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The statement they made was awful.

"They both acknowledge their role in this private matter that has played out in the public.
    They both have apologised to each other and we have moved forward as a united family."

What has HE got to apologise for!!!
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,988
    Forum Member
    The statement they made was awful.

"They both acknowledge their role in this private matter that has played out in the public.
    They both have apologised to each other and we have moved forward as a united family."

What has HE got to apologise for!!!

Maybe he apologised for whatever happened before they got in the lift.
  • bbnutnutbbnutnut Posts: 1,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's still wrong though, especially because in general female on male violence is treated as something to be laughed at or denied as being a problem.

I just find it really troubling as I have never understood the hypocrisy.

The way I see it is that a man hitting a woman (generally speaking) is like a 12 year old hitting a five year old. It's not a fair fight. A five year old hitting a 12 year old (still wrong, of course) is a bit laughable because you know the 12 year old could knock the five year old out. That is the difference to me. No one should hit anyone but when a strong person hits a weaker one it's bullying and when a weak one hits a strong one it's a bit of a joke because they are easily restrained.

A woman hitting a weaker man is as morally reprehensible as a man hitting a weaker woman.
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    bbnutnut wrote: »
    The way I see it is that a man hitting a woman (generally speaking) is like a 12 year old hitting a five year old. It's not a fair fight. A five year old hitting a 12 year old (still wrong, of course) is a bit laughable because you know the 12 year old could knock the five year old out. That is the difference to me. No one should hit anyone but when a strong person hits a weaker one it's bullying and when a weak one hits a strong one it's a bit of a joke because they are easily restrained.

A woman hitting a weaker man is as morally reprehensible as a man hitting a weaker woman.

Good analogy, I agree. The BIB made me laugh, I know you were using it as an example but it just sounded funny:D.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was assaulted.

If you upset someone and they assaulted you, would YOU apologise?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Generally speaking (not talking specifically about the Jay Z/Solange incident) I don't think it's necessarily just about the physical damage which someone may cause when they attack another person, though. Yes, someone who assaults a person who is physically stronger than them may not be able to cause much damage physically in terms of breaking bones/leaving bruises etc. But you can't ignore the psychological damage the assault may have on the victim. It's not just about physical pain, but it's also about the humiliation, shock and fear which the person who is being assaulted experiences.
    I don't believe anyone should be violent towards another human being, but I also don't think anyone should decide how outraged to be by an assault based on whether the assault was carried out by someone who was stronger or weaker than the victim. Also, I don't think any assault should ever be called a ''joke.''
  • HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    Makes you wonder how many other celebrity brands aint at all as they appear.

I welcome these kind of exposures.
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Nicely put.

Men and women of course should be treated equally but they are not and never will be the same, this tends to get overlooked somewhat these days.
    Forum Member
    He was assaulted.

Well it depends on the situation doesn't it. I know he was assaulted and there isn't any excuse for her doing what she did, but yes if it was my sister-in-law, and certainly with children involved, I would apologise for my part in the situation and hopefully she would apologise for hers.

When I was younger and me and my brothers were arguing, my parents would make us both apologise for our respective roles in the arguing regardless of who was more in the wrong.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was assaulted.

That people continue to act like it's not something to worry about really disturbs me.
  • Rogana JoshRogana Josh Posts: 41,348
    Forum Member

Is he known for sleeping around?
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,389
    Forum Member
    The article in the Guardian today regarding this story was a disgrace. The absurd notion that female-on-male violence isn't as bad as the opposite. Pathetic.
    Forum Member

I have no idea
  • sammyvinesammyvine Posts: 3,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makes you wonder how many other celebrity brands aint at all as they appear.

I welcome these kind of exposures.

why

why do you welcome negativitiy :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The article in the Guardian today regarding this story was a disgrace. The absurd notion that female-on-male violence isn't as bad as the opposite. Pathetic.

Is that vile rag still at it? They already got a backlash for the original article they wrote on the story.

How they can hold themselves up as the beacon of social justice while printing damaging lunacy like this makes me sick.
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Reported rumours of affairs with female acts signed to his label and secret children with models, but no confirmation... just rumours.
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well nice to see the Carter-Knowles Inc. PR machine has gone into overdrive to present a best-foot-forward, united, smiley front.

Wouldn't want to damage product now. ;-)