Doctors Discussion Thread (Part 6)

Comments

• j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    Adoption is a nightmare possibly even harder emotionally and you dont always get a nice newborn baby you get a child who may be already traumatised

Yes, a newborn baby is like a clean slate - one that you can mess up in your own particular way :p

Adopting a child who has been through a lot must be difficult, but I'd like to hope that most could be helped. It's sad if some children are written off through no fault of their own.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,420
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The daughter of the oldest mum in the UK goes to our school - she's 5 I think now & her mum is 62. Her mum has said publicly she regrets leaving it so late - she has health problems & young children are demanding. I think 51 is just young enough to cope though. And I can't imagine them being picked on for it.
    All I could think though was ' That's Sally Anne Triplett!' (Eurovision fans will understand ;-) ) and That's Ali Bastian ! (SCD fans will understand) lol
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The daughter of the oldest mum in the UK goes to our school - she's 5 I think now & her mum is 62. Her mum has said publicly she regrets leaving it so late - she has health problems & young children are demanding. I think 51 is just young enough to cope though. And I can't imagine them being picked on for it.
    All I could think though was ' That's Sally Anne Triplett!' (Eurovision fans will understand ;-) ) and That's Ali Bastian ! (SCD fans will understand) lol

bib: Yes, one half of "Bardo". I remember "One Step Further":D

And :kitty: at Zara's "Someone's punching above their weight!" jibe at Emma, when she met her yoga fella.
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adoption is a nightmare possibly even harder emotionally and you dont always get a nice newborn baby you get a child who may be already traumatised

With adoption though, there's no disputing who the biological parents are whereas with surrogacy, there's a grey area so that's why I said I feel it's easier emotionally. There's probably other aspects of the adoption process I've overlooked (like, as you said, the mental health of the child) and it's not my intention to offend and I apologise to everyone that I may have.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moving onto today's episode, I thought it was fantastic. I'd like more of this rather than Emma and Yoga Man.

I did wonder if the rapist would be someone other than Mrs Tembe's friend (like Yoga Man, I can't recall his name) but I think the end of the episode strongly pointed to him being the culprit.

The scenes with Jimmi questioning the victim were uncomfortable to watch but I suppose they are uncomfortable situations in real life. One thing I was unsure about is if a male doctor would have taken the photos (or indeed been involved in the questioning at all) in real life. With this particular crime, would it not be procedure to specifically bring in a female doctor?
  • FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With adoption though, there's no disputing who the biological parents are whereas with surrogacy, there's a grey area so that's why I said I feel it's easier emotionally. There's probably other aspects of the adoption process I've overlooked (like, as you said, the mental health of the child) and it's not my intention to offend and I apologise to everyone that I may have.

Oh I wasn't offended I don't think anything you said could be construed even by the delicate flowers of digital spy as offensive .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was a bit disappointed that the carer was raped today I was hoping she'd join the mill team ,she would have been a good addition to the cast. On a different note I don't think that I would have recognised Ruth Maddoc had it not been signposted by the continuity announcer
    Forum Member
    Did Josh rape the woman in the episode today? Probably. Either that or he'll be accused in the wrong. The whole thing with Mrs Tembe and Josh is making me feel uncomfortable - what a bizarre storyline.
  • seejay63seejay63 Posts: 8,800
    Forum Member
    On a different note I don't think that I would have recognised Ruth Maddoc had it not been signposted by the continuity announcer

I didn't recognise her until she spoke, then I immediately thought "hi de hi" :D
    j4Rose wrote: »
    Did Josh rape the woman in the episode today? Probably. Either that or he'll be accused in the wrong. The whole thing with Mrs Tembe and Josh is making me feel uncomfortable - what a bizarre storyline.

They'll have dna which will either prove it's him or rule him out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seejay63 wrote: »
    I didn't recognise her until she spoke, then I immediately thought "hi de hi" :D

They'll have dna which will either prove it's him or rule him out.

surely he was dining with Mrs Tembe when the rape took place?
  • CarlLewisCarlLewis Posts: 6,236
    Forum Member
    j4Rose wrote: »

I wonder if he'll admit to it because he has given up and thinks he has no life outside prison.
    The storyline is a bit weird, I agree.
  • justatechjustatech Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The rapist's coat had a hood. Josh's coat didn't - unless it was one of those that fold into the collar. I don't know if that helps!
    Forum Member
    surely he was dining with Mrs Tembe when the rape took place?

He was outside the shop which Lauren went into. He was checking his money. After the rape he turned up at Mrs T's, so we don't know how long it was between being at the shop and going to Mrs Tembe's. Obviously they've done it deliberately so that we think "did he or didn't he?"

My gut feeling is that it wasn't him. I do think he's trying to turn his life round.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    justatech wrote: »
    The rapist's coat had a hood. Josh's coat didn't - unless it was one of those that fold into the collar. I don't know if that helps!

The rapist was also wearing gloves, if I remember correctly so even if Josh did do it, I don't think the DNA from the woman's scratch will pin the crime on him.
    Forum Member
    The rapist was also wearing gloves, if I remember correctly so even if Josh did do it, I don't think the DNA from the woman's scratch will pin the crime on him.

He'll have left other dna - I'm sure he wouldn't have used a condom.
    Forum Member
    justatech wrote: »

He wouldn't have made a particular effort to fold the hood inside the collar though I shouldn't think, so I definitely don't think it's him. I feel a bit sorry for him really. There's still this awkward formality between him and Mrs T (which I think he's playing brilliantly).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was outside the shop which Lauren went into. He was checking his money. After the rape he turned up at Mrs T's, so we don't know how long it was between being at the shop and going to Mrs Tembe's. Obviously they've done it deliberately so that we think "did he or didn't he?"

My gut feeling is that it wasn't him. I do think he's trying to turn his life round.

he went into the shop to buy a bottle of wine so he would have been a very busy little bunny hiding the wine donning the gloves putting up the hood and then rushing to mrs T's house I think mrs t will prove he is innocent ,not that I think he isnt a loose cannon I just think this time he didnt fire
    Forum Member
    At the end where they showed an outside shot of the police station and Josh walking off, it made me curious - I thought that if he walked round that corner he would end up at The Campus Surgery (the parking looked similar). Is it all based in the same building does anyone know?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    At the end where they showed an outside shot of the police station and Josh walking off, it made me curious - I thought that if he walked round that corner he would end up at The Campus Surgery (the parking looked similar). Is it all based in the same building does anyone know?

The police station is next door to the campus surgery on the set but in the show I think they are supposed to be some distance away from each other i.e not next door.

As for today's episode - God that woman patient was annoying. They husband/boyfriend was sweet though.
    Forum Member
    indie.star wrote: »
    The police station is next door to the campus surgery on the set but in the show I think they are supposed to be some distance away from each other i.e not next door.

That's what I meant about them being next door. I knew they were supposed to be quite a way from each other, but it only occurred to me today that they were actually filmed at the same building! Which I suppose makes sense really. I assume that The Mill is not far away, and Letherbridge University is probably in the same building too.
    Forum Member
    indie.star wrote: »
    As for today's episode - God that woman patient was annoying. They husband/boyfriend was sweet though.

As soon as she said she had her grandmother's diary from a concentration camp and it was in German I just knew her grandmother was a guard and not a prisoner :D

I didn't find her particularly annoying. She must have been quite scared that she'd pass on the evil to her child, and probably be a horrible mother herself. Also coming off anti-depressants is horrible. I don't know how she managed to just stop without weaning herself off them. When I came off mine I'd done it slowly and even when I was on the tiniest crumb, finally coming off that little bit was awful.
  • mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If we could have a Smuggest / judgemental Law Enforcement character category at the Soap Awards 2015, I nominate Rob Hollins for Doctors.
  • Bobby'sgirlBobby'sgirl Posts: 7,386
    Forum Member
    Surely now that Jimmi has told Mrs T she will come up as an alibi to Josh. I really hope he is innocent,
  • KiraaaKiraaa Posts: 285
    Forum Member
    Hi all not posted for a while as I've had my end of year college shows and it's my 18th tomorrow (today when this is posted) I've caught up on Doctors I enjoyed the two parter with Zara and Daniel despite the obvious plot holes, it made me laugh when Zara called Daniel an idiot after he was trying to "save her". I did enjoy the rest of that weeks episodes with the three boys trying kill themselves shame there wasn't much follow up.

I didn't enjoy Jack and Immie's return until the Wednesday episode after that I really enjoyed having them there and watching the hollins family and wish they stayed longer.

Last Mondays episode was okay I'm getting tired of seeing Al in some sort of trouble and being the victim and then being rather smug knowing he was right all along. I enjoyed the rest of the weeks episodes.
    Emma's boyfriend Adam, someone on here said he is too nice I have to agree there is something that's just not quite right.

I've been watching Mile High on CBS drama which had Matt Chambers in it, it also has Howard's new girlfriend, Annie as the brilliant Janis Steele.
    He has to be seen to be taking complaints seriously. Didn't Julia have one or two situations like that too?
    Excatly. I'm sure Julia would of been the same.
    mikebuk wrote: »
    Didn't like Mandy's sneering about Barry's Polish girl.
    Me either then again, I don't like Mandy she annoys me whatever she does.
    bib: Yes, one half of "Bardo". I remember "One Step Further":D

And :kitty: at Zara's "Someone's punching above their weight!" jibe at Emma, when she met her yoga fella.
    Hehe that really made me laugh. I love the Zara/Emma feud.
    Forum Member
    As soon as she said she had her grandmother's diary from a concentration camp and it was in German I just knew her grandmother was a guard and not a prisoner :D

I didn't find her particularly annoying. She must have been quite scared that she'd pass on the evil to her child, and probably be a horrible mother herself. Also coming off anti-depressants is horrible. I don't know how she managed to just stop without weaning herself off them. When I came off mine I'd done it slowly and even when I was on the tiniest crumb, finally coming off that little bit was awful.

I didn't find her that annoying either, although she was a bit like Pollyanna at the beginning of the episode. The combination of pregnancy and suddenly stopping an antidepressant would disorientate anyone. The news about her grandmother was the icing on the cake, so I felt sorry for her in the end.
This discussion has been closed.