Doctors Discussion Thread (Part 6)

Comments

• FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alas there are some blokes out there who are all too full of their own hot air. :D

Anyone else insanely bored of the Josh storyline?

Me me me give me a cross dressing vicar with a fetish for hoovers as the story of the day over the Josh Mrs T storyline, we arent getting the quota of PTSD soldiers and secretly gay men at the moment
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,888
    Forum Member
    Me me me give me a cross dressing vicar with a fetish for hoovers as the story of the day over the Josh Mrs T storyline, we arent getting the quota of PTSD soldiers and secretly gay men at the moment

Or debt collectors and angsty students.
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The writers do seem to like the concept of toyboys too. Another example of it today, wasn't there?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    I haven't been able to find this thread since the show came back from the break. I had to go and have a look at the previous posts section on my profile!

I'm still enjoying the Josh storyline, I think the actor is playing a blinder. I'm also shocked that Al hasn't noticed that Niamh likes him. Perhaps the situation with Jas really affected him a lot more than we think and he's kind of in denial about things. It's a shame really because he and Niamh would make a really cute couple.

I agree that the Bronte episode was utter shite and I think it was made even worse by the previous episode being so good.
  • StykerStyker Posts: 49,847
    Forum Member
    [QUOTE=indie.star;73619132]I haven't been able to find this thread since the show came back from the break. I had to go and have a look at the previous posts section on my profile!

I'm still enjoying the Josh storyline, I think the actor is playing a blinder. I'm also shocked that Al hasn't noticed that Niamh likes him. Perhaps the situation with Jas really affected him a lot more than we think and he's kind of in denial about things. It's a shame really because he and Niamh would make a really cute couple.

I agree that the Bronte episode was utter shite and I think it was made even worse by the previous episode being so good.[/QUOTE]

At the top right of each general page of DS where all the threads are listed, if you click on forum or thread tools and type in what you are searching for as either a thread or as a post, it sometimes brings up what you're looking for, esp with threads.

I still am ok with the Josh story. It is a conundrum in general. He wants to be trusted in general and be able to move on in life but having committed crimes as bad as he did, then it is hard for people to not ask questions about what he did and to try and work out if he's really changed or not.

I thought he was out of order today. Mrs T is trying to help him move on and he thre it back in her face. Its probably general frustration on his part and I hope he apologises and quick.

Al should not be this affected stil over the jas situation. He's basiclly on strike from ever dating again and or even trying and thats stupid. He also seems to think that no one will like him when they do.

Re the lottery ticket story, how would someone still be able to claim a lottery win without a ticket? Rely on CCTV that shows them buying the winning ticket at the time it was paid for? If so, that guy doing community service wouldn't have been able to ge the money that way would he?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,420
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you call Camelot & can say what the numbers were and exactly when , where & how you purchased the ticket they can verify it.
    I live in a postcode with I think the highest number of winner in the country. Not me yet though !
    Forum Member
    If you call Camelot & can say what the numbers were and exactly when , where & how you purchased the ticket they can verify it.
    I live in a postcode with I think the highest number of winner in the country. Not me yet though !

Hmmm, I wonder where todays story was going to go then?
    Forum Member
    Styker wrote: »
    At the top right of each general page of DS where all the threads are listed, if you click on forum or thread tools and type in what you are searching for as either a thread or as a post, it sometimes brings up what you're looking for, esp with threads.

I still am ok with the Josh story. It is a conundrum in general. He wants to be trusted in general and be able to move on in life but having committed crimes as bad as he did, then it is hard for people to not ask questions about what he did and to try and work out if he's really changed or not.

I thought he was out of order today. Mrs T is trying to help him move on and he thre it back in her face. Its probably general frustration on his part and I hope he apologises and quick.

Al should not be this affected stil over the jas situation. He's basiclly on strike from ever dating again and or even trying and thats stupid. He also seems to think that no one will like him when they do.

Re the lottery ticket story, how would someone still be able to claim a lottery win without a ticket? Rely on CCTV that shows them buying the winning ticket at the time it was paid for? If so, that guy doing community service wouldn't have been able to ge the money that way would he?

Different people get affected by different things. There is no time limit as to how long it should take a person to get over something. Just because you think it's stupid doesn't mean that it is. To the person affected, these fears/apprehensions are very real. That doesn't mean to say that he will never date ever again, he perhaps just needs a little more time. What happened was pretty rough, coupled with the fact that his new 'love interest' also happens to be another colleague.
  • Mike_HowlandMike_Howland Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    Al was right out of order accusing Niamh of stalking. What does the poor girl have to do for him to see how much she likes him.
    I think the reason that there hasn't been many laughs here is because there haven't been many on the show.
  • FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Al was right out of order accusing Niamh of stalking. What does the poor girl have to do for him to see how much she likes him.
    I think the reason that there hasn't been many laughs here is because there haven't been many on the show.

we need someone with a few million casual friends and maybe some terrible tap dancing to bring back the joy
    Forum Member
    indie.star wrote: »
    Different people get affected by different things. There is no time limit as to how long it should take a person to get over something. Just because you think it's stupid doesn't mean that it is. To the person affected, these fears/apprehensions are very real. That doesn't mean to say that he will never date ever again, he perhaps just needs a little more time. What happened was pretty rough, coupled with the fact that his new 'love interest' also happens to be another colleague.

I know people deal with things differently, this situation with Al though is not realistic. If the partners at the Mill as good as expect him to never go near another woman again at the Mill then he should tell them to get knotted, esp when Niamh has made it as clear as possible that she is into him where with Jas it was the opposite, it was obvious she just wanted to be friends.

Lets not forget how many other relationships have been going on at the Mill too over the years. The only thing I'm unsure on is that Niamh seemed to know what Heston was getting at the other day and she as good as told him where to go on that but I don't recall Niamh ever being told about what happened between Jas and Al and the stalker.
    Forum Member
    I think the story of Josh and Mrs Tembe has been pretty class on the whole. I've enjoyed it and I think the actor that plays Josh plays the part really well too. I think the storyline should be shortlisted for the next bunch of soap awards as best storyline.

I couldn't help but find it quite hilarious the way Jimmi was talking to Josh the other day about lepers/leprosy and how it can now be cured with simple medicines (is that true btw?) and then mentioned how the Old Testament was much more hardline than the New Testament and didn't show mercy to people with leprosy or words to that effect. Is that true as well, people with leprsoy were treated badly by instruction of the old testament or could that have been a revision put in by people who wanted to treat people with leprosy badly?
    Forum Member
    I groaned when Karen selected Total Eclipse Of The Heart to sing as a karaoke song but then it dawned upon me immediately that it suited her voice perfectly.
    Forum Member
    I know people deal with things differently, this situation with Al though is not realistic. If the partners at the Mill as good as expect him to never go near another woman again at the Mill then he should tell them to get knotted, esp when Niamh has made it as clear as possible that she is into him where with Jas it was the opposite, it was obvious she just wanted to be friends.

Lets not forget how many other relationships have been going on at the Mill too over the years. The only thing I'm unsure on is that Niamh seemed to know what Heston was getting at the other day and she as good as told him where to go on that but I don't recall Niamh ever being told about what happened between Jas and Al and the stalker.

I think it's totally realistic. I also don't think that the partners expect him to never go near another woman again, but these things take time. People don't forget these sorts of things easily and it's been less than a year, so not that long at all.

The other relationships were different. You can't really compare them with the situation with Al.

Niamh knows about what happened. Al told her when the went out for lunch together on her first day working at The Mill.
    Forum Member
    I think it's totally realistic. I also don't think that the partners expect him to never go near another woman again, but these things take time. People don't forget these sorts of things easily and it's been less than a year, so not that long at all.

The other relationships were different. You can't really compare them with the situation with Al.

Niamh knows about what happened. Al told her when the went out for lunch together on her first day working at The Mill.

Al, Heston and Daniel all seem to be on Al's case about not "going there" with any other person at the Mill, not on, esp with Daniel's track record and the rest of them have all dipped their toes in the water on that one too.

Al got carried away with Jas, get over it pal is what I would say to him. Sod the Police and their sadistic assumptions too but if he wants to let life pass him by and sit on the shelf then its up to him.....
    Forum Member
    I just watched in full that episode where Howard went "trecking" with Annie. Honestly she was unbelievable. She pursued him, seemed to be really into him but then dropped him just like that because Adam was suddenly more appealing to her?!

Howard is better off without the likes of her but I'll love it if they bring her back in and its gone belly up with Adam and she begs Howard to take her back only for him to "tease" her and then tell her where to go.

If they are gonna pair Howard up with Emma again then they should get on with it but I think it might be one inter staff relationship too much for now but then again it might work. Depends on what storylines they give them.

On another note, anyone seen dan2008 around on the forum? I haven't seen any of his posts for the best part of 3 weeks.
    Forum Member
    we need someone with a few million casual friends and maybe some terrible tap dancing to bring back the joy

Oh those were the days. :D

I agree. I think what we are basically getting is the partners version of Julia's old mantra "The reputation of The Mill" she used to bleat at Daniel at least once a week. :D

I think underneath it all Al is actually quite insecure despite his outward demeanour giving the impression he couldn't give a hoot what others think of him.
    Forum Member
    It looks like Doctors is going to be off air for another couple of weeks to accommodate the Commonwealth Games which start on 23rd July. :(
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I groaned when Karen selected Total Eclipse Of The Heart to sing as a karaoke song but then it dawned upon me immediately that it suited her voice perfectly.

I thought they were building up to her being attacked by Luke. First of all, for her to be raped the night before she moves back in with her husband would put a downer on the occasion. Secondly, her staggering home drunk would leave her vulnerable to that sort of attack. Then there was the "turn around" lyric of Total Eclipse Of The Heart and finally, Luke mentioned something to Mrs Tembe about her being in no danger because she's "respectable". A drunken, leather jacket and mini-skirt clad Karen might not fit that description.
    Forum Member
    I thought they were building up to her being attacked by Luke. First of all, for her to be raped the night before she moves back in with her husband would put a downer on the occasion. Secondly, her staggering home drunk would leave her vulnerable to that sort of attack. Then there was the "turn around" lyric of Total Eclipse Of The Heart and finally, Luke mentioned something to Mrs Tembe about her being in no danger because she's "respectable". A drunken, leather jacket and mini-skirt clad Karen might not fit that description.

Who's Luke?
    Forum Member
    It looks like Doctors is going to be off air for another couple of weeks to accommodate the Commonwealth Games which start on 23rd July. :(

It wouldn't surprise me but will it really need 2 channels worth of coverage? If it doesn't it should all be on BBC 2 and its high time the BBC put a lot more sport on the red button. I think the reason why they don't is because they think it will be too complicated for older people and it might be in limited cases but is that really a good enough reason not to put sport on the red button and stop messing up regular schedules?
    Forum Member
    It wouldn't surprise me but will it really need 2 channels worth of coverage? If it doesn't it should all be on BBC 2 and its high time the BBC put a lot more sport on the red button. I think the reason why they don't is because they think it will be too complicated for older people and it might be in limited cases but is that really a good enough reason not to put sport on the red button and stop messing up regular schedules?

I have an account on Digiguide and Doctors is not in the schedule for the duration of the games, although annoyingly all the antique and property shows are. >:(
    Forum Member
    Who's Luke?

I am guessing the poster means Josh. His character in Casualty was called Luke as I remember. Bit like how in our house Maxine in Hollyoaks is still referred to as Candice the character she played in Corrie and Fraser was always Marcus after his Eldorado character. No biggie.
    Forum Member
    I have an account on Digiguide and Doctors is not in the schedule for the duration of the games, although annoyingly all the antique and property shows are. >:(

I wish they would ditch all those type of shows. I mean Bargain Hunt is more than a little past its sell by date now. I kind of welcome breaks in the transmission of Doctors though.
    Forum Member
    I am guessing the poster means Josh. His character in Casualty was called Luke as I remember. Bit like how in our house Maxine in Hollyoaks is still referred to as Candice the character she played in Corrie and Fraser was always Marcus after his Eldorado character. No biggie.

I don't watch Hollyoaks or Casulty. I remember Marcus Tandy though and Eldorado. I think the media got jealous of it kind of because of its massive budget. (10 Million I think at the time!) It was a good idea, british ex pats in Spain though maybe they went a bit too softly softly on it before it had a chance to fully get going.

Was the actor who plays Josh a permanent character in Casulty?
This discussion has been closed.