Black Swan film and ending

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
Forum Member
Can someone please explain the ending ? in spoilers in case no one seen it,,thanks

I have it still on my library films but i always never get it..good film i thought...was it a twist, but what was it about lol

The bit where
she stabbed her with that sharp glass, summat about her bleeding on stage and fell covered in blood
:confused: this confuses me

Comments

• Margo ChanningMargo Channing Posts: 5,240
    Forum Member
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    Can someone please explain the ending ? in spoilers in case no one seen it,,thanks

I have it still on my library films but i always never get it..good film i thought...was it a twist, but what was it about lol

The bit where
    she stabbed her with that sharp glass, summat about her bleeding on stage and fell covered in blood
    :confused: this confuses me

The ending is open to interpretation
    Nina either passes out from the blood loss or it sticks to the story of swan lake and she dies. I think she dies. It just fits with the whole tone of the movie

Its one of my favourite movies. I get something new from it everytime. The final act of the movie is just perfection. Some may disagree but I think she really earned her Oscar for that role.
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Before I'd share my interpretation of the ending, what do you make of the story as a whole? This is mine as a short summary (it's been a while since I saw the film):
    We're seeing five sides of Nina as part of the metamorphosis within her, triggered by an encounter with Beth (Winona Ryder) a.k.a. perfection, during her pursuit for perfection.

Nina (innocence and fragility)
    Lily ('bad' Nina a.k.a. temptation; the sort Nina wants to be but fears)
    Nina's mother (fear and control)
    Nina's doppeldanger (ruthlessness)
    The feathers in her shoulder (Nina's 'true self')
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Thanks for those..will have to rewatch it again sometime, tis good film
  • Ben_Fisher1Ben_Fisher1 Posts: 2,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this The Black Swan with Tyrone Power and Maureen O' Hara ? :D:p
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,290
    Forum Member
    I figure nothing in the film actually happened. It was all in her mind.