Are you getting uncomfortable in this heat?

Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
Forum Member
✭✭
Are you getting uncomfortable in this heat? working in it isnt pleasant and sleeping in it isnt pleasant either

Comments

• ian_charlesian_charles Posts: 578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hot days are one thing, sweaty nights are another.......................
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    Not at all and I hope it lasts.
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Working out or sleeping in the heat isn't too pleasant but other than that I like it.
  • GeordiePaulGeordiePaul Posts: 1,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like it, I just doing like having to work, exercise or sleep in it. Those three things account for around 20 hours of my day :(

Sometimes I wish I was a dole Waller on days like this. They always seem to be out enjoying it (using the money we pay taxes for!).
  • venusinflaresvenusinflares Posts: 4,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm off work this week (what a week to have off work!) and it's lovely, not uncomfortable at all.

If I was at work it's only uncomfortable when someone starts moaning about being 'cold' and turns the air conditioning off.

I love it when it's like this though.
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love it! :)
  • fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    I hate it, cannot wait for it to rain.
  • tim59tim59 Posts: 47,188
    Forum Member
    Not at all and I hope it lasts.

For ever and ever, same here, i dont do winter time cold wet long dark days, no thanks
  • Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,922
    Forum Member
    I like it as long as I don't have to do anything majorly energetic.

Had aircon unit fitted in bedroom so sleeping is (literally) a breeze.
  • NickelbackNickelback Posts: 23,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's Lovely :)
  • Seth1Seth1 Posts: 676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nooo....Lovin' it! Lazy summer days. Can't beat 'em.:)
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fhs man 2 wrote: »
    I hate it, cannot wait for it to rain.

you and me both. I hate it. seems to have wiped me out more this year than any other previous years. all I want to do is sleep at the moment. bring on the thunderstorms
  • jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,564
    Forum Member
    Yes, I have no energy to do anything at the moment. Even with all the electric fans going.

Going to see "Sister Act" tomorrow night, so I hope the theatre airconditioning is up to scratch!
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, I love it and I'd be happy for it to get even hotter.

Still, rain forecast tomorrow and cooler next week so I suppose some will be delighted
  • malpascmalpasc Posts: 9,632
    Forum Member
    No I'm not.
  • rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Three threads all about being uncomfortable in the heat on the forum today. Crikey you'd think we never have summer in Britain.
  • Dr. ClawDr. Claw Posts: 7,375
    Forum Member
    its fine i hope to see at least 35c sometime
  • fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    you and me both. I hate it. seems to have wiped me out more this year than any other previous years. all I want to do is sleep at the moment. bring on the thunderstorms

I live in north east Scotland at the coast so I am used to coldness and have never been to Spain etc I sleep with the window open because of the weather. Even here though you get people complaining about the coldness and they love the heat. I am beginning to think I am the only proper Aberdonian in Aberdeen. >:(

To top it off when I go to the funfair at the beach the only time I want sun and all it does is rain. >:(

I would hate Spain etc.
  • cahcah Posts: 24,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love it ,mind we've had Thunderstorms all day today in this part of Cornwall ,but it's only slightly cooler ,as it 's still quite hot inbetween the storms
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd be suffocating if it were not for my air conditioner, it's creaking away at the moment.

82 degrees, just about tolerable.
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's horrible. Making me feel tired and sick as I'm not sleeping due to the muggy nights. Roll on Autumn/Winter.
  • BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I sleep pretty well at night as I find the heat makes me tired. I had to walk to the health centre yesterday around 3 pm and it was fooking hot. I was hoping there would be AC but no such luck.

I've been drinking a lot of water for the past few months but in this heat I'm drinking an extra pint at least on top of my 4-5 pints per day.

Went for a walk around 10 this morning and had a cool shower when I got back. I felt fine for the rest of the day, and although it's warm in the house now, it's bearable with the breeze. It's currently 31 degrees. I think it was warmer a couple of hours ago.
  • jabegyjabegy Posts: 6,201
    Forum Member
    We have this kind of weather so rarely, that it is a treat to have some long hot summer days, I'm sitting in front of a fan at the moment so it's not bothering me at all. :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 384
    Forum Member
    I hate this weather,constantly having to apply suncream,getting all bad tempered.I prefer the cooler months and am praying for rain now:D
  • spotty_catspotty_cat Posts: 557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Creamtea wrote: »
    It's horrible. Making me feel tired and sick as I'm not sleeping due to the muggy nights. Roll on Autumn/Winter.

I agree. I like a fine, dry day of about 21/22C. Anything warmer and it gets uncomfortable and muggy weather is just a no no for me.