Do you prefer to support your fav on here or slam another act.

labasheedylabasheedy Posts: 1,003
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I prefer to support my fav ( Frankie) with 99% of my posts to help support him. :)

But many posters seem to spend almost all of their time on here criticising Frankie or others, rather than posting support for their favs.

Do you prefer to post hate or post love? :)

What is your percentage love/hate posting ratio ? :)

Mine is 99% for Frankie v 0.5% against Johnny & 0.5% against Burke

Does your percenatge say anything about the type of person you are?

Comments

• EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    Neither. I prefer posting things that can be discussed. I don't think posting is as black and white as it's either a hateful post or a praising post.
  • labasheedylabasheedy Posts: 1,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ok, I take your point :)
    what is your percentage

Love
    Hate
    Neutral
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 375
    Forum Member
    I see no point of posts attacking contestants we don't like. I just like to post about my love for the ones I like (Misha, Little Mix) and join in debates about the show. Constructive criticism in my opinion doesn't count as hate
  • Black DaggerBlack Dagger Posts: 15,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like to support the acts I like and defend them as much as possible.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,149
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I support Janet and don't like Frankie. All the others I see as fairly neutral although obviously I have preferences.

I support Janet because I genuinely see her as having a future recording career (for at least ten different reasons).

I dislike Frankie because I believe people only vote for him because he is 'fit' and not because he has singing talent.
  • QuannoiQuannoi Posts: 1,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Either is a perfectly valid use of an open forum.
  • wandashirkwandashirk Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To support a favourite you have to have one and not everyone does. There's plenty to discuss about the show though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I like a bit of both. I too am a Frankie fan but don't spend all my time rubbishing people who don't like him, who am I to decide for them?

I am also vocal when I think someone has done badly - even when it actually IS Frankie :p

I am lucky this year, there is no-one I can't stand per se, although I will never understand why people love Craig so much, but even if he won I wouldnt care that much. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wondering specifially about your percentage split though.

Have you a percentage figure?
    love / hate / neutral discusssion
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No idea labasheedy, I don't over think these things. I just wing it :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I post positive posts about Janet. She is an amazing singer.

I post neutral posts on many topics.

I post negative posts against posting styles of others who:
    - only ever seem to post hate (they are cowards)
    - can't stop bringing "race" into everything (they are the racists).

:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tim38x wrote: »
    I post positive posts about Janet. She is an amazing singer.

I post neutral posts on many topics.

I post negative posts against posting styles of others who:
    - only ever seem to post hate (they are cowards)
    - can't stop bringing "race" into everything (they are the racists).

:)

I would say I'm pretty close to this as well, although I still can't give a % :)

I especially agree with the bit in bold - always always the same people.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never bother with the 'Race' threads,..they drive me nuts, so I ignore them :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The interesting thing is the posters who mainly post hate, either aren't wanting to admit it in hard figures!

or. errrrr haven't read this thread.. :)
  • SelenaSelena Posts: 29,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just post what I feel like at the time. But I try not to get personal in my posts.
  • 1Mickey1Mickey Posts: 10,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I prefer to support my own but when people are talking up rubbish acts like Frankie you have to say something.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    labasheedy wrote: »
    The interesting thing is the posters who mainly post hate, either aren't wanting to admit it in hard figures!

or. errrrr haven't read this thread.. :)

To be fair, people will not know the "percentages". And I expect most do not feel like going back through hundreds or in some cases thousands of past posts to analyze every one and categorize them into your criteria.
  • len112len112 Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't tend to mentally register acts that I'm not impressed by.So it doesn't really occur to me post negative stuff about them as I can't remember anything about them . Having said that , it means I don't have much to post about this particular series of the show .
  • Eve ElleEve Elle Posts: 6,507
    Forum Member
    Generally I like to try and be positive, with maybe some humorous comments from time to time just for fun (nothing maliciously intended of course ;)). But that's easier said than done in an environment where a minority of people insist on being negative just because they can. Most people are generally fine though, so that's cool. :)
  • GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me personally, I like discussion and generally adding my two cents worth, whether it's positive or negative. :)
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    labasheedy wrote: »
    I prefer to support my fav ( Frankie) with 99% of my posts to help support him. :)

But many posters seem to spend almost all of their time on here criticising Frankie or others, rather than posting support for their favs.

Do you prefer to post hate or post love? :)

What is your percentage love/hate posting ratio ? :)

Mine is 99% for Frankie v 0.5% against Johnny & 0.5% against Burke

Does your percenatge say anything about the type of person you are?

As a Frankie fan, I think I can probably see why you'd start a thread like this. There is a lot of negativity around him!

what you need to understnad, though, is that people posting negative stuff doesn't necessarily prove something about the type of person they are. I couldn't possibly tell you my posting percentages, as I don't keep that close a record of my posts! But I can tell you why I have posted negative stuff about Frankie.

1. I find his general attitude offensive. I'm not a fan of guys who's attitude to women is in the "she's a good place to keep my cock warm for a few minutes," area.

2. He's a really, really rubbish singer. I cringe through his performances and he's the only act to ruins the show for me.

It's not because I'm a negative person or like to spend my time bashing people because I'm "that sort of guy." I just generally can't stand him and he ruins my enjoyment of the show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 288
    Forum Member
    Whenever there are negative threads - the same pseudonyms pop up time and again. I rarely see those names in positive threads or threads like 'predict what songs xyz will sing this week'. It's a forum and I think some people thrive on the more contentious discussions than the playful, praise filled ones no matter what web community you care to visit. For other posters it's the complete opposite.

I prefer posting in the light hearted ones as the negative threads have pretty circular arguments where neither side backs down and nothing is ever going to be resolved. However I don't shy away from discussion and I'm not interested in seeing a thread on an act I'm not keen on and then joining that or every thread about them with hate filled comments.
  • Nobody KnowsNobody Knows Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Support obviously.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    50% for Janet v 50% various praises and criticisms of the rest.
  • String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like to support the acts I like and defend them as much as possible.

....and attack acts from previous years.:D