Options

Hollyoaks - who do you prefer? Grace or Clare?

jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,511
Forum Member
Which sister do you prefer in Hollyoaks? Grace or Clare?

Bryan Kirkwood said they are similiar characters but Grace is a lot worse than Clare according to him. In October 2013, he quoted "the real mastermind of that clan is still yet to make her appearance. That is something I'm very excited about - we're going to meet a new mega-bitch!" http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s13/hollyoaks/news/a521819/hollyoaks-boss-reveals-new-character-theresa-future-bullying-plot.htm

What are your thoughts?

Which sister do you prefer? 44 votes

Grace Black
11% 5 votes
Claire Devine
88% 39 votes

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she clearly isn't a mastermind with all the mistakes she has made and Faser has had to cover up
  • Options
    avaconradavaconrad Posts: 1,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thing is the actress who played Clare could act the one who plays Grace can't. It didn't help that she looked way older than Fraser.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,312
    Forum Member
    Something i've always wanted to know is it Claire OR Clare?

Either way she's better than Grace.
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,663
    Forum Member
    They're both awful. Gemma Bissix is a dreadful, hammy actress.
  • Options
    fairyfruitcakefairyfruitcake Posts: 1,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    They're both awful. Gemma Bissix is a dreadful, hammy actress.

Agreed. I think the person who plays Grace is a much better actress but hasnt been as lucky as Gemma with her storyline. (Clare's previous stint with Max was a gift and didnt require much from the actress to make it work
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Agreed. I think the person who plays Grace is a much better actress but hasnt been as lucky as Gemma with her storyline. (Clare's previous stint with Max was a gift and didnt require much from the actress to make it work
    Exactly. Max and OB were the most popular characters at that time. If she'd been involved with anyone else, it would not have been nearly so successful.
  • Options
    D.DotAD.DotA Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As much as I love Grace I have to say Clare. She was the original HO bitch! I can never forgive them for killing her off. :(
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 51,007
    Forum Member
    Pity there isn't a 'neither' option. Both rubbish characters in my opinion, although Tamara Wall is a much better actress than Gemma Bissix
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Pity there isn't a 'neither' option. Both rubbish characters in my opinion, although Tamara Wall is a much better actress than Gemma Bissix
    That's my position exactly, so I didn't vote.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    100% clare! :kitty:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    Something i've always wanted to know is it Claire OR Clare?

Either way she's better than Grace.

From Hollyoaks sources, it's usually spelled "Clare".

I agree, I enjoyed Clare much more than I've enjoyed Grace.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clare definitely
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,312
    Forum Member
    From Hollyoaks sources, it's usually spelled "Clare".

I agree, I enjoyed Clare much more than I've enjoyed Grace.

Thank you. That's been the problem for me. I'm sure it's been spelled both ways. I'll go with Clare from now on.
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    why was Clare, Clare Devine and not Clare Black?

EDIT: I voted Grace, must prefer her to Clare
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clare's original stint >>>>>>

But Clare's 2nd and 3rd stints and Grace's current stint are as bad as each other.
  • Options
    SamL94SamL94 Posts: 411
    Forum Member
    I prefer Grace, which just shows how BAD I thought Clare was (as I'm not Grace's biggest fan...)

To be fair though, I didn't watch Hollyoaks back when she was on it at first (with Max, etc). So I can only judge her based on her second stint last year, when she kidnapped Mercedes, etc.
  • Options
    David MillsDavid Mills Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I would have enjoyed the Frazer stuff much better if it was Clare not Grace who was part of it.
  • Options
    Tweety PieTweety Pie Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neither. I'm truly fed up of 'gangster' Grace. Hope she hurries up and leaves soon.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    100% Clare.
    I actually began to quite like the character before she died, so was disappointed when it happened because I thought there was still stuff they could do with her.

The Fraser stuff would have been a better storyline had it been Clare instead of Grace.

I can't stand Grace. I can't wait for her to leave.
  • Options
    NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grace is a much better actress but the character isn't as great.
  • Options
    boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clare was a class act during her first stint, they ruined it by bringing her back as an unhinged panto villain. Grace is just crap.
  • Options
    sarah_shortsarah_short Posts: 1,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I voted for Claire:D
  • Options
    grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tamara wall is a very good actress but Grace isn't very good Clare was much better.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well my vote goes to Clare Devine. Hollyoaks best bad girl. She won Villain of the year and although on some of her returns she didn't quite make the impact she did say 2006/2007 she was still good. Had story lines been better than maybe.

One thing that annoys me is they released Clare from prison. Got her off, introduced her father who she mentioned a few times before and kill her off in the most stupid way possible. I still cant believe it. Clare Devine has long forever been my favourite soap character and she could've continued on the show a lot longer or at least till Christmas last year and get a decent farewell.

As for Grace i actually like her character. Although some of the writing they seem to have messed up a little. She's mentioned Clare a few times so it's nice to know more about Clare and yet it's still odd as to why the killed her off. They made Grace a mess and Fraser cleaning up her act. I'm guessing she hasn't worked out so far. She has been OK though. I wouldn't want her to be killed off or leave. They could improve the character and if anyone should be killed off it's Mercedes.

I'd be very annoyed if they killed Grace off as she is the closet thing to Clare on the show and i want her to get justice for Clare's death. Such a shame they had no scenes together though.

Grace needs better story lines. Bryan Kirkwood has made a huge mistake killing of the legendary Clare Devine though and now it's backfired. So i hope he doesn't just kill Grace off. Try and save the mess you started.

Another thing though Grace is bad yes but how is she worse than Clare? I don't see it. Clare showed a little human traits while she was in prison and when Trevor tried to stop her with the bombs (how she was saying her father made her this) and Grace has showed more and wanted her fathers love. So I'd say Clare is the ultimate Villain there!!
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    Clare's original stint >>>>>>

But Clare's 2nd and 3rd stints and Grace's current stint are as bad as each other.

Agreed.