Ten serious fallings out amongst TV actors

Keiō LineKeiō Line Posts: 12,979
Forum Member
✭✭
Can we possibly come up with ten TV related failings out?

Eric Idle and Neil Innes were best of buddies during "The Rutles" but subsequently have spent several decades undermining the other over who contributed the most to the shows success.

By "undermining" I mean "slagging off"

Comments

• degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Bolam and Bewes is quite well known
  • jimbo1962jimbo1962 Posts: 2,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why ten?
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tony Hancock and Sid James although James was very much the innocent party

Harry H. Corbett and Wilfrid Brambell (Steptoe and Son) didn't actually fall out but had a difficult working relationship
  • Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    McMillan and Wife.
  • Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cybil Shepherd and Bruce Willis
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    Tony Hancock and Sid James although James was very much the innocent party

Didn't Sid James also not get on with fellow Carry On actor, Kenneth Williams?
  • Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    Did Little & Large have a row at one point?
    Forum Member
    Also, Matthew Horne & James Corden don't appear much together any more....probably that bloody awful film and sketch show that was the final nail.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ollie_h19 wrote: »
    Did Little & Large have a row at one point?

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/little-and-large-havent-spoken-for-a-long-time-1988413.html

Apparently though they started speaking again after they both went to the funeral of fellow comedian Norman Collier last year
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/little-and-large-havent-spoken-for-a-long-time-1988413.html

Apparently though they started speaking again after they both went to the funeral of fellow comedian Norman Collier last year

Aww, that's nice. I think I'm right in sayind Eddie Large isnt a well man, I dont think Syd Little would forgive himself if they parted on bad terms.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't Sid James also not get on with fellow Carry On actor, Kenneth Williams?

Hancock mistakenly thought that James was trying to take over as the star of Hancock's Half Hour which was a bit ridiculous when you think of the title. James in fact had no great ambitions and was happy playing the stooge. Hancock then fell out with his writers Simpson and Galton, left the BBC for ATV where he was less than successful, went to Australia and eventually committed suicide.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aww, that's nice. I think I'm right in sayind Eddie Large isnt a well man, I dont think Syd Little would forgive himself if they parted on bad terms.

Kidney trouble in 2002, a heart transplant in 2003 and serious complications after a fall last year

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-24971363
  • Trappedin80'sTrappedin80's Posts: 6,270
    Forum Member
    Bill Murray vs Chevy Chase when Chevy returned to SNL as a guest star.

It began with insults backstage & ended in a fist fight.

Bill said something about sex with Chevy's wife, Chevy retorted with something about Bill's complexion resembling the surface of the moon.

No love lost.
  • ffa1ffa1 Posts: 2,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vivian Vance and William Frawley, the neighbouring couple on "I Love Lucy". Hated each other.
  • RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard that Jimmy Jewel and Hylda Baker couldn't stand one another on Nearest and Dearest. Those insults they traded in character were keenly meant!
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also, Matthew Horne & James Corden don't appear much together any more....probably that bloody awful film and sketch show that was the final nail.

That awful film they did together about Vampires.

Also, Sylvester Stallone and Bruce Willis fell out after The Expendables.
  • CentaurionCentaurion Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not really a falling out, but Jason and Lyndhurst were initially childishly mean to Buster Merrryfield when he took over as the old git foil on OFAH . Ignoring him off the set and bad mouthing him in earshot.
    I went off both of them tossers when I heard that.
  • Lucy Van PeltLucy Van Pelt Posts: 11,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not TV stars but musicians, Johnny and Joey Ramone managed to play together for for years without speaking to each other due to Johnny nicking and marrying Joey's girlfriend and they both had strong differences in political opinions (Joey was Democrat and Johnny was Republican)

They never made up but the music lives on
  • China GirlChina Girl Posts: 2,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love the Ramones.

Richie Blackmore and Ian Gillan from Deep Purple,
  • shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    John Thompson and Antony Cotton.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Patrick Dempsey and Isaiah Washington nearly came to blows after homophobic comments Washington made about their Greys Anatomy co-star T.R. Knight

Teri Hatcher and the rest of the Desperate Housewives cast particularly Marcia Cross during a Vanity Fair photoshoot and Felicity Huffman.

Sarah Jessica Parker and Kim Cattrall
  • Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,495
    Forum Member
    China Girl wrote: »
    Love the Ramones.

Richie Blackmore and Ian Gillan from Deep Purple,

Ritchie Blackmore and just about anybody.

If we're now talking musicians, Ginger Baker and Jack Bruce. Or Ginger Baker and anybody, come to that.
    Forum Member
    Continuing the old school comedy double acts theme (from my previous suggestion of Little & Large) I think Cannon & Ball also fell out, but then found religion and came back together.

Edit: Just realised the title says 'actors'. Never mind. I'll add Newman & Baddiel to the mix too.
  • scotchscotch Posts: 10,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ffa1 wrote: »
    Vivian Vance and William Frawley, the neighbouring couple on "I Love Lucy". Hated each other.

I've spent a lot of time in LA and would watch I Love Lucy in the early hpours. Loved how Lucy and Vivian got on.

But I hjeard that when Vivian learned William had died she held a party and it was champagne all the way, with Vivian paying :o