Daily Fail/Evening Standard "pledging allegiance to the caliphate "

Scarlett FeverScarlett Fever Posts: 718
Forum Member
✭✭
this is really funny

first post:
I am pledging allegiance to the caliphate

salam my sisters and brothers we should get out of this evil country and pledge our allegiance to the muslim sharia law and get out of evil west. who wants to join me so we can wage war and jihad against the corrupt west.

3rd post
Re: i am pledging allegiance to the caliphate

Why is your registration IP coming from "Evening Standard Newspaper" in UK?
Capture2.PNGCapture.PNG

and 5th post
Re: i am pledging allegiance to the caliphate
Quote Originally Posted by sajid View Post
Why is your registration IP coming from "Evening Standard Newspaper" in UK?

Capture2.PNGCapture.PNG
It says dailymail for me

Hostname: mos.integration.dailymail.co.uk

--

IP :195.234.240.212
Host: richard.ferrer.dailymail.co.uk

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache%3AQDDb7ydcC5kJ%3Awww.ummah.com%2Fforum%2Fshowthread.php%3F408155-i-am-pledging-allegiance-to-the-caliphate+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

Comments

• Raquelos.Raquelos. Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    Lol! DM is so busted :-D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    October 12, 1981Age:32Gender:Female

"Scarlett Fever is not a member of any public groups "???????????????

Another opinion from the naïve.:blush:
  • Lil_MLil_M Posts: 2,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not surprised this has not received numerous responses on DS. Cough, 'can't bash muslims' cough.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lil_M wrote: »
    Not surprised this has not received numerous responses on DS. Cough, 'can't bash muslims' cough.

Or *cough* .. it's just a bit .. *cough* .. desperate .. *cough* ..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or *cough* .. it's just a bit .. *cough* .. desperate .. *cough* ..

Desperate in what way? What do you mean?

This thread has left the cat amongst the pigeons. The reason it won't 20 pages of responses as you can't really bash muslims on here.
  • Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That cannot be real can it?! :o
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So a journalist from the Daily Mail signed up to a Muslim forum and started a troll thread.

Presumably a fishing expedition for another outrage story?
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish I had the remotest clue as to what the OP is on about, but I don't.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This thread has left the cat amongst the pigeons. The reason it won't 20 pages of responses as you can't really bash muslims on here.

Sorry, but "You can't really bash muslims on here" has to one of the most naive things i've ever read on DS. Not a day goes by when Muslims and Islam aren't "bashed" in some form or another in GD.

You only have to read any of the plethora of anti-religious threads on here to see proof of that.

And by "desperate" I mean that when does someone trolling another forum and getting found out warrant an entire thread on this forum unless Islam is involved in some fashion ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ber wrote: »
    So a journalist from the Daily Mail signed up to a Muslim forum and started a troll thread.

Presumably a fishing expedition for another outrage story?

blueblade wrote: »

That's how it seems to me! :o
  • afcbfanafcbfan Posts: 7,161
    Forum Member
    Wasn't even a good troll. Join date of the current month, number of posts: 1.

Must've been reading DS and thought, "Ah, that's how you do it!"
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can see what the problem is. Islamic bombers just don't take DS forums seriously enough ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, but "You can't really bash muslims on here" has to one of the most naive things i've ever read on DS. Not a day goes by when Muslims and Islam aren't "bashed" in some form or another in GD.

You only have to read any of the plethora of anti-religious threads on here to see proof of that.

And by "desperate" I mean that when does someone trolling another forum and getting found out warrant an entire thread on this forum unless Islam is involved in some fashion ?

Am I not reading it right? A journalist from a national newspaper known for not being particularly kind to muslims signing up to a Muslim forum to troll seems a bit... unethical... to me!
  • The PhazerThe Phazer Posts: 8,487
    Forum Member

The OP is quoting a thread from a UK Muslim forum.

In it a supposedly disaffected youth is posting about pledging allegiance to the ISIS caliphate in Iraq and Syria.

Unfortunately for the poster in question, the moderators of the forum are able to see the IP address of the poster, and that IP address range belongs to the Evening Standard or Daily Mail.

So the allegation is that the Daily Mail are posting pro-terrorism propaganda to internet message boards in the hope that somebody replies positively to it, so they can run scare stories about muslim extremism on the web.

We don't have much proof of the originating IP of course, but it seems to me to be grounds for a police investigation into Associated Newspapers committing a criminal offense.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't expect anything less from the trashy Daily Mail. They belong in the gutter.
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Phazer wrote: »
    The OP is quoting a thread from a UK Muslim forum.

In it a supposedly disaffected youth is posting about pledging allegiance to the ISIS caliphate in Iraq and Syria.

Unfortunately for the poster in question, the moderators of the forum are able to see the IP address of the poster, and that IP address range belongs to the Evening Standard or Daily Mail.

So the allegation is that the Daily Mail are posting pro-terrorism propaganda to internet message boards in the hope that somebody replies positively to it, so they can run scare stories about muslim extremism on the web.

We don't have much proof of the originating IP of course, but it seems to me to be grounds for a police investigation into Associated Newspapers committing a criminal offense.

Right, ta.

So a case of the Daily Mail or Evening Standard deliberately spreading lies in order to shit stir ? Very reprehensible if true.

I hope the police are contacted.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree with you. I was talking about this thread in particular whereby it will not allow ds users to release their xenophobia.
  • FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Naughty of them, isn't that akin to incitement?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I not reading it right? A journalist from a national newspaper known for not being particularly kind to muslims signing up to a Muslim forum to troll seems a bit... unethical... to me!

If it turns out that the person in question is a journo working for either national newspaper then yes, it's very unethical and probably does warrant further investigation.

Presented as-is, it's just a feeble trolling attempt.
  • lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member

Have I misread the post? I didn't think this was about "bashing muslims", but about the lengths the Daily Mail and their stablemates go to to inflame bad feelings about muslims?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lemoncurd wrote: »
    Have I misread the post? I didn't think this was about "bashing muslims", but about the lengths the Daily Mail and their stablemates go to to inflame bad feelings about muslims?

I think that's the point being made?

As this isn't a Muslim bashing thread there isn't much interest.
  • lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member

Daily Mail journalists are posing as jihadists in forums in an attempt to stir up reactions that might lead to another "Muzlimz are Eeevil" story.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it turns out that the person in question is a journo working for either national newspaper then yes, it's very unethical and probably does warrant further investigation.

Presented as-is, it's just a feeble trolling attempt.

Well, if the IP does 'belong' to the OP of that thread then they do work for the DM.
  • FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that's the point being made?

As this isn't a Muslim bashing thread there isn't much interest.

160-odd thread views to 20-odd replies. Tbh, I think the reason it hasn't got much interest is because the thread title and OP doesn't really explain it very well, the thread title isn't going to attract that much interest as it doesn't really state what's happened.

Also the forum is kinda quiet atm.
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Wasn't it more a case of pretending to be a British Muslim urging other British muslims to join the Caliphate and declare war on the west.........

So presumably the Mail can then run a 'shock horror British muslims declare war on Tunbridge Wells' story.......