Options

So I ended my feud with Papa Johns

CorbynDallasCorbynDallas Posts: 821
Forum Member
✭✭
After my long running feud with Papa John's which got to the point that when I walked past their local branch I had to hurl abuse through the door I have ended the feud and I ordered pizza from them tonight:

It was prompt
It was delicious
It was fantastic

I am back on with the Papa and good times are ahead.

Comments

• Options
    80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After my long running feud with Papa John's which got to the point that when I walked past their local branch I had to hurl abuse through the door I have ended the feud and I ordered pizza from them tonight:

It was prompt
    It was delicious
    It was fantastic

I am back on with the Papa and good times are ahead.

Just Sainsbury's bakers to go now then & you're sorted :D:D:D
  • Options
    Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After my long running feud with Papa John's which got to the point that when I walked past their local branch I had to hurl abuse through the door

Sure it did.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How do you afford all of this expensive take-away stuff when you don't have a job?!?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »
    Just Sainsbury's bakers to go now then & you're sorted :D:D:D

I fear that one may run for a while yet.:cry:

The best thing about Papa John's is the hotness of the pizza. It was really hot.
    Much better than the efforts of Dominos or Pizza Hut or my local City Pizza.

I am so glad I can order from these guys again. It has transformed my life this evening. I have extra pizza for tommorrow too which is great cold and so you can't say anything about the price as it literally gives you money with the meals it provides.

I am so happy with Papa John's I am going to contact their 'rant or rave' service and say how happy I am.

This is a far cry from a couple of years ago when the situation was dark.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How do you afford all of this expensive take-away stuff when you don't have a job?!?

My benefits came and I had a win online gambling.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My benefits came and I had a win online gambling.

Well everyone deserves a treat :D
  • Options
    EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    Last papa johns we had was awful, will never go there again
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm actually a little upset at that.

I have never had a problem with their product it was an issue of the delivery man and subsequent management issues that riled me.

I am happy to be back as a customer now and if you order online you get the chance to win Papa Rewards which lead to a free pizza at some stage down the road.

Give them another shot EbonyHamster I hope you can enjoy the tastes I just had in my mouth and will have again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

A lot of these places charge a fortune for really poor quality food, it's shocking
  • Options
    BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mmmmmmmmm Papa Johns.
  • Options
    EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    A lot of these places charge a fortune for really poor quality food, it's shocking

We did used to like going there but the last time we got a takeaway, they didnt have jalapeño poppers so they replaced them with wedges which were not only burnt but soggy too, the pizza was like cardboard

So we decided to try dominos or Pizza Hut, the latter have ruined it for us by having lazy lying delivery drivers so there's just dominos left for us
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Delighted for you.
  • Options
    TheWireRulesTheWireRules Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only fat people start threads on the internet about food.

100% defacto.
  • Options
    charlie1charlie1 Posts: 10,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cool story bro.
  • Options
    rufusrainrufusrain Posts: 923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Made me laugh out loud for real :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another small but pertinent point about Papa John's great service tonight is the fact that the delivery driver took his helmet off and replaced it with a signature Papa's Cap for the delivery.

It made a great difference to my perceived notions of the company and I will be back!:)
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    which got to the point that when I walked past their local branch I had to hurl abuse through the door

That's not a feud, that's just youthful high spirits.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member

I have a feeling that none of this happened because why would the workers at Papa Johns sell pizza to him when he went and hurled abuse at them before ordering?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stoatie wrote: »
    That's not a feud, that's just youthful high spirits.

It was after a few tins of Black Ace I might say which may have given me some exuberance:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another small but pertinent point about Papa John's great service tonight is the fact that the delivery driver took his helmet off and replaced it with a signature Papa's Cap for the delivery.

It made a great difference to my perceived notions of the company and I will be back!:)

Details like that are important as they contribute to the overall experience .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ramo1234 wrote: »
    I have a feeling that none of this happened because why would the workers at Papa Johns sell pizza to him when he went and hurled abuse at them before ordering?

You have a point Ramo because although the people in the store wouldn't know me from Adam when I yelled at them through the door or sometimes just gave them the finger through the glass I worried that my name and address might have been blacklisted like Elaine Benes on Seinfeld from my original dispute. However, ordering online tonight no problems and my meal came in 20 mins!

I guess they changed manager or their customer service is top notch and they forgave me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rufusrain wrote: »
    Details like that are important as they contribute to the overall experience .

It was great.:)

Most delivery men on mopeds leave their helmet on during the delivery procedure but it is Papa John's policy to tell their delivery men to remove their helmet and replace it with a signature cap.

This is an American thing because if you watch films like Home Alone the pizza delivery man does just this.

Well done the Papa's.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    You have a point Ramo because although the people in the store wouldn't know me from Adam when I yelled at them through the door or sometimes just gave them the finger through the glass I worried that my name and address might have been blacklisted like Elaine Benes on Seinfeld from my original dispute. However, ordering online tonight no problems and my meal came in 20 mins!

I guess they changed manager or their customer service is top notch and they forgave me.

But why did you have a feud with them in the first place?
  • Options
    charlie1charlie1 Posts: 10,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You have a point Ramo because although the people in the store wouldn't know me from Adam when I yelled at them through the door or sometimes just gave them the finger through the glassm I worried that my name and address might have been blacklisted like Elaine Benes on Seinfeld from my original dispute. However, ordering online tonight no problems and my meal cae in 20 mins!

:o Thank the lord that didn't happen to you. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was great.:)

Most delivery men on mopeds leave their helmet on during the delivery procedure but it is Papa John's policy to tell their delivery men to remove their helmet and replace it with a signature cap.

This is an American thing because if you watch films like Home Alone the pizza delivery man does just this.

Well done the Papa's.

What I like about this is that it gives me certainty that a Papa John delivery person would never ask to use my toilet. I once ordered food from a non branded fast food chain and the driver asked if he could use my toilet . Of course I could not refuse a request from a man who has just brought me hot food. However I did not expect he wanted to do a number 2 I assumed it would be a number 1. Let's just say it was a Hefty load that was left and after 3 flushes most of it went but not all. I have to say this put a dampener on the hot food he delivered. The experience is not just the food it runs far deeper than that. Papa John sounds like it's got it sussed, helmet off, cap on and never ask to use customers toilet.