The Heath Ledger Appreciation Thread

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,818
    Forum Member
    BBM will rip your heart out and stomp on it - in a good way :cry: Heath and Jake are magnificent in it, and so beautiful, as are all the cast, even Randy Quaid, who I still haven't forgiven for his attempt to sue Focus Features :mad:

OK, fill me in. Why did Randy Quaid attempt to sue Focus?
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, fill me in. Why did Randy Quaid attempt to sue Focus?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4840068.stm

Someone else may know more, but I think this covers it :)

Glad you liked Four Feathers & Sin Eater! I want my Candy too!!!:mad:
    Forum Member
    Randy Quaid, "an instantly recognisable household name"???. I had no idea he was in it till just now...not that recognisable then?!.;)
  • Rugby RoseRugby Rose Posts: 13,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who the hell's Randy Quaid? :confused: *potters off to read the link*

Oh him...he was barely in it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rugby Rose wrote: »
    Who the hell's Randy Quaid? :confused: *potters off to read the link*

Oh him...he was barely in it.

Heehee! Wasn't he the one who disappeared up the alien mothership's backside in Independence Day?

Anyway, I digress! Back to Heath!! So it's a sure thing I'm going to blub over BBM then? And where's my Candy & Two Hands?! If it'd been play.com I'm sure they would've been here by now! :mad:
  • ~*~Jess~*~~*~Jess~*~ Posts: 4,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know who Randy Quaid is either and cant be arsed to go and google him :D sounds like a bit of an idiot tbh!
    Ok I couldn't help myself and clicked on the link and this is my response - meh:sleep:

:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ~*~Jess~*~ wrote: »
    I don't know who Randy Quaid is either and cant be arsed to go and google him :D sounds like a bit of an idiot tbh!
    Ok I couldn't help myself and clicked on the link and this is my response - meh:sleep:

:D

LOL! I like the sound effect - meh :sleep:- also blends well with :yawn:

:D:D
    Forum Member
    Heehee! Wasn't he the one who disappeared up the alien mothership's backside in Independence Day?

/QUOTE]
    The very same, he looks a little bloated now though:D

I love the bit where it says that he has a " worldwide box office total of nearly 2 billion behind him...My Arse!!!
    Also, he starred in such stellar films as Kingpin and...Not another Teen Movie. Wow, i'm impressed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

/QUOTE]
    I love the bit where it says that he has a " worldwide box office total of nearly 2 billion behind him...My Arse!!!
    Also, he starred in such stellar films as Kingpin and...Not another Teen Movie. Wow, i'm impressed.

LOL! And check out the following -

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2008/02/randy_quaid_banned_for_life_by.html

:D:D If I'm not mistaken (US dates always confuse me - I think this was posted at the beginning of this month) he's in trouble again!! :rolleyes::rolleyes: What goes around, comes around..................
    Forum Member

LOL! And check out the following -

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2008/02/randy_quaid_banned_for_life_by.html

:D:D If I'm not mistaken (US dates always confuse me - I think this was posted at the beginning of this month) he's in trouble again!! :rolleyes::rolleyes: What goes around, comes around..................

What a charming man!...and he's wearing fur!!!:eek::eek::eek:
    Fancy attacking a 76 year old!!
    Hope his karma comes and bites him on his arse...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to say, my fellow Heathens, I still haven't been able to watch one of Heath's films since. I'll just go into meltdown, I know I will.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to say, my fellow Heathens, I still haven't been able to watch one of Heath's films since. I'll just go into meltdown, I know I will.

Me neither. When they kept playing them on Sky movies every night a few weeks ago, I just kept flicking through without stopping. Am planning a biggie tho - am queueing the dvds up for a weekend soon & will sit with box of tissues in one hand & a glass(bottle) of wine in the other.:p

Of course, I may get 5 minutes in & fail miserably (need to start with an easy one, have BBM in the middle (haven't actually seen that at all yet) then end with one that makes me laugh I think). Suggested menu orders welcome!:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What a charming man!...and he's wearing fur!!!:eek::eek::eek:
    Fancy attacking a 76 year old!!
    Hope his karma comes and bites him on his arse...

Won't have any trouble finding it..........:D:D:D
  • Hutchy_MuseHutchy_Muse Posts: 7,075
    Forum Member
    My favourite Heath Ledger movie was A Knights Tale
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FFF - what's going on with our quotes?!:confused::confused: I think we know not what we are doing & something's gone awry!!:D It looks like we're quoting our own quotes, when I'm quoting you & you're quoting me! Ooer!!:eek:
    Forum Member
    FFF - what's going on with our quotes?!:confused::confused: I think we know not what we are doing & something's gone awry!!:D It looks like we're quoting our own quotes, when I'm quoting you & you're quoting me! Ooer!!:eek:

Lets see if this one works?:confused:
    Forum Member
    My favourite Heath Ledger movie was A Knights Tale

Hi Hutchy, welcome. A Knights Tale is a great film. I actually won tickets to see that before it came out in the cinema, it was great, there were only about 20 of us in there:D. Happy days:D
    Forum Member
    SGF, Start with something light hearted like, say, Casanova, then build it up to the heavier stuff like monsters Ball, BBM and Candy, then maybe finish with 10 things.
    Still waiting for my Candy *stamps foot impatiently and grinds teeth*

Rose, give it a go. I only started watching Heaths films this week but i felt ready.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SGF, Start with something light hearted like, say, Casanova, then build it up to the heavier stuff like monsters Ball, BBM and Candy, then maybe finish with 10 things.
    Still waiting for my Candy *stamps foot impatiently and grinds teeth*

Yay! Looks like it's ok now!:D

I thought I'd finish with Knight's Tale & 10 Things, definitely. Of course, I can only watch Candy & Two Hands if they turn up:mad:! Will start with Casanova (bleurgh! Sienna Miller:rolleyes:), as you advised!

That must've been cool going to a pre-screening of Knight's Tale :) He's sooo tasty in that!! (oops! Being a puddle again!!:D:D)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me neither. When they kept playing them on Sky movies every night a few weeks ago, I just kept flicking through without stopping. Am planning a biggie tho - am queueing the dvds up for a weekend soon & will sit with box of tissues in one hand & a glass(bottle) of wine in the other.:p

Of course, I may get 5 minutes in & fail miserably (need to start with an easy one, have BBM in the middle (haven't actually seen that at all yet) then end with one that makes me laugh I think). Suggested menu orders welcome!:D:D

That will be me. I'll get prepared mentally for a week. Bottle of red, tissues...and last all of 10 minutes. The one I'm dreading most is Knight's Tale. I just see the pictures of him in KT and I'm off.
    Forum Member
    Yay! Looks like it's ok now!:D

I thought I'd finish with Knight's Tale & 10 Things, definitely. Of course, I can only watch Candy & Two Hands if they turn up:mad:! Will start with Casanova (bleurgh! Sienna Miller:rolleyes:), as you advised!

That must've been cool going to a pre-screening of Knight's Tale :) He's sooo tasty in that!! (oops! Being a puddle again!!:D:D)

yes he was tasty in that...looks like i'm joining you in that puddle...budge up!!!:p:D:o
    Forum Member
    That will be me. I'll get prepared mentally for a week. Bottle of red, tissues...and last all of 10 minutes. The one I'm dreading most is Knight's Tale. I just see the pictures of him in KT and I'm off.

That's what set me off when i watched tha Baftas. T he clip of him in AKT just left me in bits...i haven't had the guts to watch that yet. For some reason i can't watch Ned Kelly either.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's shots from Brokeback Mountain that get me. The bit they showed at the Baftas set me off straight away. I adore BBM - my favourite Heath movie ever.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't watched one yet either. I was going to last weekend, but didn't. I definitely want to watch BBM again soon, but I know I will be a snivelling wreck when I do.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tell you what, maybe we should arrange a time/day when we all watch one of his films, maybe the same one and sit on here at the same time and we can each be each others shoulders to cry on?