Options

Sign the OFCOM petition link quick and easy

Comments

• Options
    Olls~Olls~ Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    amelie74 wrote: »
    Much as I disliked Helen and feel that the whole thing was a set up I accept that she got the most votes albeit I suspect from a smaller number of people than voted for Ashleigh or even Christopher .

Even as I wasted a few quid voting for my favourite Christopher I felt instinctively that multi voting on a large scale would win it for Helen. Ashleigh haters, people who had put money on Helen to win a huge odds would be highly motivated to muti vote imo. Didn't the Goode clan claim to have spent £5k voting for Helen ie 10,000 votes

It's my own fault I got mugged off - I accept that. Lesson learned, I won't vote again. With ever fewer people bothering to vote it's all too easy to distort the result with multi voting. Don't see any point in signing the petition.

:o:o:o How ridiculous.
  • Options
    LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    Olls~ wrote: »
    :o:o:o How ridiculous.

Anyone can brag about the number of votes they made. It's not really something that can be disproved unless you get hold of a phone bill. We're talking here about a guy who claimed to have visited 119 countries, which is pretty amazing considering there are less than 200 and quite a few are places that would not be interested in his blinds and where potato heads are hunted for sport.
  • Options
    goldylookinfishgoldylookinfish Posts: 2,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't waste your time, just don't vote anymore, works for me.
  • Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Exactly.

The best way to send a message to Endemol if you're not happy is not to vote.
  • Options
    Olls~Olls~ Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lyricalis wrote: »
    Anyone can brag about the number of votes they made. It's not really something that can be disproved unless you get hold of a phone bill. We're talking here about a guy who claimed to have visited 119 countries, which is pretty amazing considering there are less than 200 and quite a few are places that would not be interested in his blinds and where potato heads are hunted for sport.

Ha, yes. I'd forgotten about that :D But I can also believe that he'd be so desperate to vote that much.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 334
    Forum Member
    Since the very first Big Brother there has never been a housemate who hasn’t been though nomination and eviction

EVERY WINNER over the years has had to face eviction. That is how this programme works!!

However, BB wanted to make sure Helen won this year and giving her a free pass to the final would be their way to do it.

Everyone in that house had to face eviction “except Helen”

BB knew that all the thousands of people spending money on votes were wasting their money. Yet they still carried on asking the viewers to vote telling them that if they wanted their favourite housemate to win then they had to keep voting.

This was taking money under false Pretences. Yes the final was fixed without a doubt.
  • Options
    PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Honestly, all it takes is less then a minute to sign a petition .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paace wrote: »
    Honestly, all it takes is less then a minute to sign a petition .

Fair enough but my point is they won't change their behaviour and the best way to protest is hit them in the pocket. I believe Ofcom have already received a good many complaints and will most likely looking into it.
  • Options
    pondie84pondie84 Posts: 11,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At least when petitions were in paper form they had a use as toilet paper.
  • Options
    PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fair enough but my point is they won't change their behaviour and the best way to protest is hit them in the pocket. I believe Ofcom have already received a good many complaints and will most likely looking into it.

And my point is what's the harm in trying . I would not waste my time either but I believe there is enough grounds for an investigation into why one of the most hated candidates ever on BB won .
  • Options
    cezzycezzy Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My least favourite winner but she won because she got the most votes. People need to let this go as there's no conspiracy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paace wrote: »
    And my point is what's the harm in trying . I would not waste my time either but I believe there is enough grounds for an investigation into why one of the most hated candidates ever on BB won .

It's hard to argue with that. The producers won and probably some gamblers too.
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    Loving the first element in the complaint.

" Miss Wood continued to act in a manner which could be perceived as lacking in basic civility "

LOL Because we all know the BB house is usually the model of courtesy and manners. :D
  • Options
    000Mark000000Mark000 Posts: 422
    Forum Member
    jojoeno wrote: »

Err. NO!

Ofcom don't respond to petitions.

If you believe that there has been a licence breach, or a breach of any relevant broadcasting code, all you have to do is make a formal complaint.

If not... then you are just wasting our and Ofcom's time.
  • Options
    VesnaVesna Posts: 31,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    quasimoron wrote: »
    I could not stand her and too many excuses were made for her nasty behavior. She is vile no getting away from that but some people like vile HM's, it echoes a chord in them and they vote. What i find awful, they find funny and so forth.
    Move on Op, forget offcom, some voted Helen the winner not because she earned it or was nice or entertaining but to thwart Ashleigh and her fans. They vote against one alleged bitch to let an even bigger bitch win, you could not make it up.
    No different than voting out a GREAT hm to save a brat who did nothing but moan.

I personally didn't find Ashleigh's behaviour entertaining in the slightest. Her decision to sit in corners in her robe and bitch viciously about other hm's I didn't find the slightest bit entertaining. She was for the most part quite joyless with a face like thunder. She was dead boring most of the time. Not to say I found a lot of enjoyment from Helen either. I did find Jale extremely interesting and I was always entertained by Christopher, shame the Ashleigh fanatics ganged up on Jale, even though they claimed they liked her. Karma can be a real bitch.

When Ashleigh was happy and animated she was fab but that was an extreme rarity. I am not surprised that she didn't win because she was not entertaining 99% of the time she was in there. It is a tv show and most people want to be entertained.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 256
    Forum Member
    Sad

characterssssssss
  • Options
    Corey WebsterCorey Webster Posts: 1,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helen is both so delightful and charming.

Wishing her the best for her future.
  • Options
    SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nah, i'm not into conspiracy theories.
  • Options
    rsefitpro07rsefitpro07 Posts: 2,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think a petition is pointless! What are you hoping to achieve by doing this? . We all know that Helen should not have won the show, we know it was fixed. But their is nothing we can do about it

Lets just hope her winning is a warning to us all for next year (if the show is still about then).
  • Options
    Corey WebsterCorey Webster Posts: 1,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she should have won the show TWICE!!! :D

God, she's fab!!!
  • Options
    TominxsterTominxster Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she should have won the show TWICE!!! :D

God, she's fab!!!

Gosh what a stirrer. Love it. (even though I know I shouldn't) :D:D
  • Options
    yeahbuddyyeahbuddy Posts: 703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oh please get over it. She has won and will do what ever she wants with the money, watch CBB and stop whinging about the past.
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Olls~ wrote: »
    Ha, yes. I'd forgotten about that :D But I can also believe that he'd be so desperate to vote that much.

I think he would be too desperate to keep his hard earned OK money to spend that much on voting, personally.
  • Options
    Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    Helen is both so delightful and charming.

Wishing her the best for her future.

Some get her some don't.
  • Options
    BunionsBunions Posts: 15,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sometimes this forum makes me seriously question my belief that nobody is born stupid :confused:
    Indeed.

You can't fix stupid ;)

This whole petition shit is almost as cringe as threads with the word 'Official' written in them :blush: