Options

Andrea: I'm going to say it

Comments

• Options
    paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like him, but the last couple of weeks I don't think he has been up to the big songs.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is like 6 doughnuts when 5 is enough.

But frankly the rest are like 1 malteser...who eats just one?!

I think Andrea is great but also benefitting from Screwbo syndrome, there is just zero competition in my eyes.

Hope he songs some Sia soon, I wanna see if he can do Chandelier! That is my dream duet for the final right now.
  • Options
    Nobby BurtonNobby Burton Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A pug-loving Joe McElderry
  • Options
    RedOrDead36RedOrDead36 Posts: 1,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A comedy act. Did he used to sell ice creams?
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    I really like Andrea but after three overblown ballads which have at times drifted into shouting at times he has become a bit predictable. His voice is amazing but he has little stage presence at the moment

It will be interesting to see if they will try and give him something a little bit different next week (assume he is safe). I just wonder if for one week he will sing in Italian as I think it could be amazing with the right song and we might see a better vocal as he would be comfortable singing in his mother tongue

What about something like Con te Partiro or The Prayer (in Italian)? Everyone knows those songs, but theyre not often heard on XF
  • Options
    lazy marelazy mare Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    Donna65 wrote: »
    OMG I love Andrea. Everything about him. I just don't get the negativity on this forum for him. He has the best voice by miles this series. Is it some people just don't like the kind of songs he's singing? No one could be doubting his talent surely?

No, it's because he's just a bit too awkward.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I dont know why but to me he dosnt sound like someone who would sell records....He seems more of a west-end star tbh! And that is nothing to be ashamed of!

This. Exactly.
  • Options
    Sandra_BainbridSandra_Bainbrid Posts: 8,193
    Forum Member
    Amica wrote: »
    Wrong song. The backing is too loud. And he doesn't seem to build anything. Needs stripping back imo. He is very talented.
    I hope he does "Thriller" next week
  • Options
    fifitrixibellefifitrixibelle Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hendoll wrote: »
    My god this forum is so polite compared to past days!!
    I get that Andrea can sing and has a very good voice. He just leaves me cold. I don't care how much "passion" everyone thinks he puts in to his performances, it just doesn't reach me. All I see is a slightly overweight camp guy doing diva. Great teeth, though, have to say. There was one shot where you could see not one filling !![/QUOTE]

:D.........funnily enough I took to reading a book and fast forwarding most of the acts, the one time I glanced up at the t.v whilst he was on it was a shot of his head thrown back and a birds eye view right up the man's nose :o...........but no I don't 'get' him or the hype, boring, boring predictable songs and renditions of them..everything about him is.........um..boooooring.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get the love for him either, thought it was just me!

No, it's not just you ;-)
  • Options
    coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Although Andrea can sing, it doesn't seem he connects with the song. His performance of Listen just seemed like good karoake.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Why do they use the same songs over and over, when a previous contestant has done the song brilliantly?
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    I dont know why but to me he dosnt sound like someone who would sell records....He seems more of a west-end star tbh! And that is nothing to be ashamed of!

Completely agree there is nothing to be ashamed of with musical theatre/West End. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    English is not his first language. I think he may therefore have a smaller repertoire, and take a bit longer to learn new songs, so giving him something he doesn't already know could be risky.
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    I'm with the naysayers. Andrea is just dull personified. I don't undeerstand why simon is suddenly a fan again despite the doughnut put down as Andrea was still making those strange faces whilst singing which Cowell seemed to dislike last week.

I agree with those saying he is a West End type singer. Who on earth would buy his pop music :confused::o
  • Options
    Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm with the naysayers. Andrea is just dull personified. I don't undeerstand why simon is suddenly a fan again despite the doughnut put down as Andrea was still making those strange faces whilst singing which Cowell seemed to dislike last week.

I agree with those saying he is a West End type singer. Who on earth would buy his pop music :confused::o

I think he didn't want to alienate the crowd too much.

I don't think he was impressed at all, heard the noise and bottled out. He does it sometimes, (going against the mob) but you don't make as much money as he has by being stupid about how far you can ignore the public.

He'll come back with negative remarks when he knows it will go down better.
  • Options
    ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hendoll wrote: »
    My god this forum is so polite compared to past days!!
    I get that Andrea can sing and has a very good voice. He just leaves me cold. I don't care how much "passion" everyone thinks he puts in to his performances, it just doesn't reach me. All I see is a slightly overweight camp guy doing diva. Great teeth, though, have to say. There was one shot where you could see not one filling !!

I agree with the great voice comments but he leaves me cold.
    You need more in your locker than being cuddly and Italian, in my opinion.

He just doesn't have the X factor. :(
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He won't win. Pee are starting to I'm tire of him. He will be out by the semis
  • Options
    davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Literally everyone I know raves about him, I thought I was the only one who didn't get him. He is very talented, but I just can't seem to care about his performances. I just find him a bit too boring and I'm not a massive fan of ballads anyway.
  • Options
    rachymacrachymac Posts: 1,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It will be interesting to see if they will try and give him something a little bit different next week (assume he is safe). I just wonder if for one week he will sing in Italian as I think it could be amazing with the right song and we might see a better vocal as he would be comfortable singing in his mother tongue

Problem is, they'd *still* go predictable - watch this space, if he's gonna sing in Italian it'll be the Il Divo version of Unbreak My Heart (Regresa a Mi).......
  • Options
    MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He needs a decent mentor.

He needs better songs and subtlety in his performances needs to be encouraged.

He could be a decent singer but at the moment he is having to push his voice to live up to the song and it's spoiling it. A better mentor would see this.

Although there are no good mentors and I think any of the four would make the same mistake with him.
  • Options
    billiesmithbilliesmith Posts: 11,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rachymac wrote: »
    Problem is, they'd *still* go predictable - watch this space, if he's gonna sing in Italian it'll be the Il Divo version of Unbreak My Heart (Regresa a Mi).......

That's Spanish ;-)
  • Options
    GibsonSGGibsonSG Posts: 23,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    indenile wrote: »
    Yes he can definitely sing, and I love ballads but he doesn't do anything for me. Everyone seemed to think he was wonderful tonight but I didn't get it. :confused:

I agree completely it was a horrible performance. I wish he would stop trying to do songs by female divas it's not working.
  • Options
    Dr.FeverDr.Fever Posts: 459
    Forum Member
    I thought he was amazing in the 1st week, but I think that was his best performance.
    Now I find others have stepped up and pushing their performances, but Andreas and Mel seem to be stuck on these predictable performances of his.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    He has a great voice, soulful and gritty but you can tell he just loves them female divas and its starting to become a tribute to them with every performance he gets the chance. I can feel it already starting to wear thin and there may be a backlash coming from the judges.

I can see him being a very worthy contestant who goes perhaps earlier than he deserves.