Options

Suralan's One Liners....PMSL!

laineythenomadlaineythenomad Posts: 3,495
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I think SAS has missed his true vocation, he'd make a great stand-up comedian. Some of his comments tonight had me in stitches, e.g. "There's a village somewhere missing an idiot". Classic stuff.....what are your favourite SAS gems?

btw sorry if this thread has already been done - if it has, would someone be kind enough to post a link? thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Magic8BallMagic8Ball Posts: 3,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think SAS has missed his true vocation

"I'll give you true vocation!" - SAS
    , he'd make a great stand-up comedian.

"I'll give you a comedian!" - SAS
    Some of his comments tonight had me in stitches,

"Ill give you stitches!" - SAS
    e.g. "There's a village somewhere missing an idiot". Classic stuff.....what are your favourite SAS gems?

"I'll give you SAS gems!" - SAS

I liked "I'm harder to play than a Stradivarius!" - which are actually no harder to play than any other violin, just a lot more expensive.
  • Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Some great one liners in last year's famous kosher chicken incident.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G256H_Q0bI

Michael - Yes I'm a good Jewish boy

SAS - Well if you're unsure you can always take pull trousers down so we can check
  • Options
    soulmate61soulmate61 Posts: 6,176
    Forum Member
    His face is so eloquent, a twitch of an eyebrow speaking volumes, and the speed of repartee, with not only style but also content.

I liked that impromptu gag about wotisname being like a cement mixer -- solid but set in your ways? Hilarious. :D
  • Options
    BinnmanBinnman Posts: 4,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In tonights show, when discussing the items that were the most expensive;

"Bit like me really, not much to look at, but worth a lot"

Classic

Binnman
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes but it seems like most of the time they're not his lines and genuinely spontaneous.
    With lines like "I'm harder to play than a Stradivarius" it sounds like they've employed the same scriptwriter who works on 'The Weakest Link'.
  • Options
    tabithakittentabithakitten Posts: 13,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes but it seems like most of the time they're not his lines and genuinely spontaneous.
    With lines like "I'm harder to play than a Stradivarius" it sounds like they've employed the same scriptwriter who works on 'The Weakest Link'.

I've definitely heard the "village idiot" line from Anne Robinson some time ago!
  • Options
    MizzusedMizzused Posts: 693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved it when he said "a total mess"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've definitely heard the "village idiot" line from Anne Robinson some time ago!

Believe it or not that phrase has been used for years. It wasn't invented for TV...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    I hope who ever employs him keeps the receipt

PMSL am waiting for an oppportunity to use that
  • Options
    bargepolebargepole Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    "There's a taxi driver outside, typing your address into his satnav" was a great one, and even managed to shut Ben up for a few seconds.
  • Options
    mr.ianmr.ian Posts: 4,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is the Amstrad Sky Digibox

Hilarious
  • Options
    emjemj Posts: 6,737
    Forum Member
    "I know the words to candle in the wind, don't make me Elton John"

"I know you talk down to people, I'm getting a rick in my neck looking up at you"

:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    bargepole wrote: »
    "There's a taxi driver outside, typing your address into his satnav" was a great one, and even managed to shut Ben up for a few seconds.

I loved this one as well!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry but I find them boring and predictable.

I enjoy the Apprentice for watching the candidates and how they go about trying to pass the task. It's their behaviour in the boardroom that makes it - not Suralan's. Nick and Margaret are far better entertainment because what they say is entirely natural - it is, afterall, they who follow each and every task.

I'd love to see The Apprentice Uncut.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Magic8Ball wrote: »
    I liked "I'm harder to play than a Stradivarius!" - which are actually no harder to play than any other violin, just a lot more expensive.

I said this to my son, who's a musician, and he said that his friend was allowed to play a Stradivarius and it IS more difficult! :eek:
  • Options
    tabithakittentabithakitten Posts: 13,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Believe it or not that phrase has been used for years. It wasn't invented for TV...

Ooh, how patronising and supercilious. I was responding to the poster who said it sounded like "The Apprentice" had employed the same scriptwriter as "The Weakest Link" - implying a direct connection. I am aware that most quips have probably been used before in practically identical guises. It's a hazard of living for several millennia - things do get repeated... ;)
  • Options
    SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Someone may be in need of that commode by the time I'm finished' :D
  • Options
    The BloaterThe Bloater Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm partial to a couple of gems from previous series,

"you're a lightweight - you're fired" and,

"as long as I've got a hole in my ar**e" :eek:
    (unf, I can't remember the context of this little pearl but it was in the manner of "I promise you this, my friend", which he seems to have adopted in its place)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    To anyone who knows both, is that kind of repartee more typical of Yiddish humour, or cockney?
  • Options
    ameredithameredith Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was funny when he said the bleeding skeleton could have done a better job than the lot of you!
  • Options
    InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    ameredith wrote: »
    I thought it was funny when he said the bleeding skeleton could have done a better job than the lot of you!
    He was right. the skeleton wouldnt make a loss...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And that's the bare bones of it.
  • Options
    CLARKSONIOUSCLARKSONIOUS Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    Here's a few older one liners from Sir Alan plus a few more. :)

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=354618
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The stradivarius comment was the one for me so far - well, it was when he finished it off by telling them

"...and you're as easy to play as a Bongo Drum"

Bongo Drum? :eek:

The skeleton and Noorul is not far behind. I actually believe that one... :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 326
    Forum Member
    Hmm..my favourite Suralun one liner...

I still laugh a lot about how he deconstructed Lt. Callaghan's disastrous campaign in France...:D

"I sent you out to sell quality British products. I wanted you to take that product and say 'this is what us British produce, this is not mass produced tot!' And what you do, is you go and buy a breeze-block load of bloody cheddar cheese!

"Paul, I sent you on a mission, to sell the best of Britain to France. You spent half the bloody day frying sausages on some stupid contraption that the boy scouts could have made! And worse than that paul, you went out and lost me money! You're a total shambles, you're fired!"

And so fell Lt. Callaghan...:rolleyes::D