Cardio help - running/cycling ruled out!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
Forum Member
Hi there,

I've been having physio on my pelvis, and my consultant has suggested that I stop running, which is the only cardio that I do! She ruled out cycling and things like step aerobics, and has suggested swimming instead, which I'm not too keen on, as I'm not a strong swimmer. I go to yoga and Pilates classes, but don't want to give up cardio, so if anyone has any suggestions, I would be very grateful!

Thanks,

Cadell

Comments

• TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,416
    Forum Member
    Cadell wrote: »
    Hi there,

I've been having physio on my pelvis, and my consultant has suggested that I stop running, which is the only cardio that I do! She ruled out cycling and things like step aerobics, and has suggested swimming instead, which I'm not too keen on, as I'm not a strong swimmer. I go to yoga and Pilates classes, but don't want to give up cardio, so if anyone has any suggestions, I would be very grateful!

Thanks,

Cadell

I'd suggest going back to your physiotherapist and consultant and ask them what type of alternatives they would recommend instead.
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How about stationary shadow boxing? Say, 1 minute non stop, followed by 1 minute rest, and so on for 10 or 20 minutes.