My cat's gone mad!

Ghengis CanGhengis Can Posts: 759
Forum Member
✭✭
My cat has gone bonkers, I don't know what to do. She has sat on a sticky label on some packaging, it being a time of year with a lot of packaging about, and she has a yellow sticky label stuck to her bum. It's obviously causing some distress, she's rushing about the front garden, sideways, backwards, forwards, jumping in the air etc, and won't come to me, or come in the house. I've tried food and toys, any suggestions? Wish I had a video camera, I'm sure it's worth £200 from Harry Hill.

Comments

• 19711971 Posts: 1,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ah? and you haven't tried to taken it off her??
    She is obviously stressed about it....
  • Ride My DonkeyRide My Donkey Posts: 1,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The cat is out in the garden and won't come to its owner or come into the house.
  • Ghengis CanGhengis Can Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1971 wrote: »
    ah? and you haven't tried to taken it off her??
    She is obviously stressed about it....

The problem is to catch her. She's gone up a tree now....
  • molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You need to get her back down and get the label off her quick - not post here about how funny it is - poor cat is distressed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    molliepops wrote: »
    You need to get her back down and get the label off her quick - not post here about how funny it is - poor cat is distressed.

Yes, I know, but how? Little horror can run faster than me! I'm just hoping she doesn't need a crap before I get to her, it could be really nasty.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sardines ? or something high value to her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 183
    Forum Member
    When my cat somehow got his collar stuck on his tooth he woldn't let me anywhere near him, and it hurt that I couldn't help him get it off despite trying for ages.

I guess if she won't let you near her to take it off
    (seriously why are people telling the OP to take it off the cat? obv haven't read the post) then just keep trying to coax her or get near her until it comes off itself, if she's prancing around then it may fall off or catch on something.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Richlup wrote: »
    When my cat somehow got his collar stuck on his tooth he woldn't let me anywhere near him, and it hurt that I couldn't help him get it off despite trying for ages.

I guess if she won't let you near her to take it off
    (seriously why are people telling the OP to take it off the cat? obv haven't read the post) then just keep trying to coax her or get near her until it comes off itself, if she's prancing around then it may fall off or catch on something.

Mainly because if my animal was in distress I would not be here telling you all I would be trying to coax her down.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mainly because if my animal was in distress I would not be here telling you all I would be trying to coax her down.

There's a limit to how much time you can devote to chasing a mental cat round the garden, I have work to do as well! She still hasn't come in, and as far as I can see still has a DHL lasbel stuck to her bum. I tried a tin of tuna, and cat treats, and I've sat out near her for an hour and a half, with the tin and the treats, and called her. I expect my neighbours think I'm mental too now.:mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    Perhaps she'll send herself by DHL from Outer Mongolia to a place of safety:(
  • Kittycat73Kittycat73 Posts: 2,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you got a cat flap? If not, could you leave the door open and leave her to come in, in her own time? Apparently cats feel secure in high places, so that's probibly why she's up the tree. If you leave her be she might come in, then you could try getting close to her and removing the label. Good luck to you and your cat. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kittycat73 wrote: »
    Have you got a cat flap? If not, could you leave the door open and leave her to come in, in her own time? Apparently cats feel secure in high places, so that's probibly why she's up the tree. If you leave her be she might come in, then you could try getting close to her and removing the label. Good luck to you and your cat. :)

Thanks kittycat, I do have a flap, but she has not yet learned to use it, she's quite young, been going outside for a couple of months, and is a right little madam about the flap. We have to let her in and out of the door:p I have the conservatory door open, and a duck down jacket on, LOL! It's freezing in here.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she will now have got used to it or got rid of it by now.

Has she reappeared yet Genghis? Expected the full huff when she does! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

OMG. Are you for real? It's a sticky label. It's not as though the cat has been speared. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I am for real - animals can get very distressed with out a spear even being in the vicinity, one dog I knew nearly chewed his foot off when he got a piece of string caught round his ankle - it wasn't even tightly wound.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I am for real - animals can get very distressed with out a spear even being in the vicinity, one dog I knew nearly chewed his foot off when he got a piece of string caught round his ankle - it wasn't even tightly wound.

Mabye the dog felt the string was cutting off it's circulation. There's a big difference in having something stuck to an animal's fur. :rolleyes:

What did you expect the OP to do, he's tried to catch the bloody animal with no joy, phone the RSPCA? It's a bit of label stuck to it's fur, its hardly a life or death situation.
    Forum Member

So would I, but if that didn't work I'd rather ask for advice and potentially find a method more likely to work than waste even more time watching her in distress. I definitely think the OP cares about the cats feelings or they wouldn't be here.

I hope your cat is feeling better now! I know it's horrible.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, she wouldn't come in, so I had to spend the night in the conservatory, the door being open and all.... so, sleeping bag in the chair. Feel like crap this morning, but she's in, and I ahve cornered the little perisher, at the expense of a certain amount of blood, and got the wretched label off. She's had breakfasdt and appears completely normal, unlike me, who is in an extremely bad mood, ready for a bit of torture and city burning.
    Forum Member
    I'm sure she's thankful! Glad you got that sorted, hope you can feel better yourself now!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Least you'll not need to be concerned about missing packages from Outer Mongolia now! :D Glad to hear all is well with the cat now and thanks for giving me a laugh into the bargain.