Options

Grand Theft Auto III Today

2»

Comments

• Options
    TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone bought this yet? How does it look when played back on the PS3?

When I tried it on my PS2 a few months back, it looked washed out and blurry when you drove around.
  • Options
    TVScourgeTVScourge Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    TheVoid wrote: »
    Anyone bought this yet? How does it look when played back on the PS3?

When I tried it on my PS2 a few months back, it looked washed out and blurry when you drove around.

Pretty much looks no different. It was fun playing it but wish it was upgraded. GTA III era games are a perfect candidate for HD Classics.

Getting used to using the action buttons on the front of the joypad to power the car rather than the shoulder triggers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    Recently bought this on the PC along with GTA 1-2-4 +expansions, VC and SA. Was in a steam deal ALL for £5. £7.99 for one is a bit steep!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TVScourge wrote: »
    Pretty much looks no different. It was fun playing it but wish it was upgraded. GTA III era games are a perfect candidate for HD Classics.

Getting used to using the action buttons on the front of the joypad to power the car rather than the shoulder triggers.

Did you buy it on PSN? Does it look blurry?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I finally gave in and bought this today. Always loved this one and haven't played it in years.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This actually looks ok. Better than when I had a PS2 hooked up to my HDTV, and trust me I tried various leads.

Played a few missions and it took me back. Especially the radio stations!
  • Options
    GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheVoid wrote: »
    This actually looks ok. Better than when I had a PS2 hooked up to my HDTV, and trust me I tried various leads.

Played a few missions and it took me back. Especially the radio stations!

The PS2 would look worse on a digital HDTV than a good CRT as it only had analogue outputs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    The PS2 would look worse on a digital HDTV than a good CRT as it only had analogue outputs.

Yeah I know, I'm just suprised at the difference.