Options

How will you be celebrating the Day?

Comments

• Options
    nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    By 2063 I will be nearly 95, if I make it to that age I think I will celebrate that more than Dr Who.
    Today I am already drowning my rugby sorrows, so I hope to be sober enough to watch tonight, I have my recorder ready.

I'll be 79 and hopefully still kicking about!
  • Options
    Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Enjoy yourself this evening Granny darling. :)

I'll be thinking of you as I watch cos I bet if there's occasion to laugh, squeal, cry or just be agog in wonderment - we'll do it at the same time at all the same bits.
    x

Thank you Lorelei. and the same to you - just seeing Ten again will be enjoyable enough for me. :)
  • Options
    Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Home visiting the folks this weekend and will be watching it with my mother, who's a bit of a fan.

Rock and roll, eh. (It'll be lovely. :))

Just finished watching the BBC3 thing 'The Ultimate Guide' on I-player. Rather well put together, I thought. And isn't Paul McGann a top bloke? (The others are too, obviously, just haven't seen him interviewed about 'Who' as a whole before.)

LESS THAN 3 HOURS!!! :D
  • Options
    saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am now giving the cinema a miss. :(
    But in some senses :)

I will happily enjoy from my sofa, wine in hand and savour every moment! Crowds are overrated anyway. :D
  • Options
    BizzaBizza Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Getting ready to watch Unearthly child at 5.15 then going to try and rewatch Name of The Doctor and Night Of The Doctor before the main event. Beer is involved so this plan may go a bit Wibbly Wobbly.
  • Options
    LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I'll curl up under my heated throw, feed the sound through the stereo and settle back with a box of tissues.

Edit: Forgot to add I'm wearing my Union flag TARDIS Tee:o:D
  • Options
    Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    Bizza wrote: »
    Getting ready to watch Unearthly child at 5.15 then going to try and rewatch Name of The Doctor and Night Of The Doctor before the main event. Beer is involved so this plan may go a bit Wibbly Wobbly.

Hah! :) I know what you mean! My mate is popping round with a few cans to watch it - I have some too. There is also a bottle of Vodka involved!! I'm recording it anyway (thank goodness for PVR's!!) :D
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Preparing to watch the first episode :)
  • Options
    PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    About to watch Name of the Doctor before I get picked up to watch at the cinema.

Really excited now :)
  • Options
    CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've spent the day watching bits and piece I recorded and in around an hour or less I'm heading out to get to the cinema for the main event special on the big screen.
  • Options
    NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    over at my friends house with the kids, watching the docu-drama just now, great stuff. we have rioja for adults, jelly babies and jammie dodgers and pop for kids for when the big one airs!

it does feel like a momentous occasion, i felt a bit meh earlier on in the week.

the casting in this docu-drama is brilliant.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We converted the basement a few years ago into a home cinema (about a quarter size screen - not full cinema!) and I have never really been a fan as I prefer the TV upstairs. But for such an occasion, the Sky HD box is on, projector fired up, the popcorn ready and pizza ordered for 15 mins before.

Stupidly excited.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We converted the basement a few years ago into a home cinema (about a quarter size screen - not full cinema!) and I have never really been a fan as I prefer the TV upstairs. But for such an occasion, the Sky HD box is on, projector fired up, the popcorn ready and pizza ordered for 15 mins before.

Stupidly excited.

Yes but what Pizza?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes but what Pizza?

One each tonight! Gym tomorrow.

A vegi hot supreme and a chicken and bacon BBQ.

BUT... I do have my Doctor Who Sonic pizza cutter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh and a big fat garlic pizza bread between us.

See, you might enjoy the cinema and I am a bit jealous. But I couldn't be a fat bastard in public, so I am best at home.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One each tonight! Gym tomorrow.

A vegi hot supreme and a chicken and bacon BBQ.

BUT... I do have my Doctor Who Sonic pizza cutter.

Nice choices!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now I want pizza!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh and a big fat garlic pizza bread between us.

See, you might enjoy the cinema and I am a bit jealous. But I couldn't be a fat bastard in public, so I am best at home.

No cinema for me now. So snacks and wine and the sofa.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now I want pizza!

Dominos has buy one get one free. Although I went for a local place as I couldn't risk them arriving once it started!
    No cinema for me now. So snacks and wine and the sofa.

That is probably how I will watch and enjoy it again tomorrow. Sounds very nice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dominos has buy one get one free. Although I went for a local place as I couldn't risk them arriving once it started! .

I have loads of vouchers for Pizza Hut and Dominos (I prefer the latter) but no money to go with them! Its not payday until Friday!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stupid badly timed anniversary!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stupid badly timed anniversary!

I know! It was my birthday last weekend so we spent too much money, still have my vodka for it though ;)
  • Options
    SatmanagerSatmanager Posts: 837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Since I have the advantage of a time change, I went and saw Ringo Starr and the All-Star Band in concert last night and will be seeing REO Speedwagon in concert tonight. It is one of the advantages of living in Las Vegas.

The All-Star band last night had Todd Rundgren and the keyboardist from Santana. It was a rocking good time and even that British guy on the drums and sang was pretty good. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What time will it be on at over there?
  • Options
    SatmanagerSatmanager Posts: 837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Satmanager wrote: »
    Since I have the advantage of a time change, I went and saw Ringo Starr and the All-Star Band in concert last night and will be seeing REO Speedwagon in concert tonight. It is one of the advantages of living in Las Vegas.

The All-Star band last night had Todd Rundgren and the keyboardist from Santana. It was a rocking good time and even that British guy on the drums and sang was pretty good. :D

Right now the BBC America has the Name of the Doctor on as the lead in to the Day of the Doctor which will start at 11:50 am here.