DVD region 4

Have just ordered a DVD from Australia even though it actually came from Sheffield Yorkshire that is
Have tried it on my all region DVD player but it goes not include
R4 is this available in uk ? Or is there no way to watch the DVD ?

Thanks

Comments

• mac2708mac2708 Posts: 3,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A multi-region DVD player should have no difficulty in playing an R4 disc
    What make/model of player do you have?
    Was it 'multi-region' as bought or did you use a specific hack for it?

Failing all else there are ways to copy the DVD using a PC and make it R2 (or region free) but maybe best not discussed here:D
    Have a look here
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=540294
  • Robbedin73Robbedin73 Posts: 7,859
    Forum Member
    It came off eBay but even though it was a few weeks ago I have only just got round to watching it but I have just had a look on
    The back and it says not to be played outside Australia or new Zealand , don't know if there is a way round it
  • chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robbedin73 wrote: »
    It came off eBay but even though it was a few weeks ago I have only just got round to watching it but I have just had a look on
    The back and it says not to be played outside Australia or new Zealand , don't know if there is a way round it
    The disk may be region coded but if the DVD player has really been set to multi region then it will ignore the region coding of the disk and play it.

The fact that it is not playing it suggests the player may not be multi region hacked after all. So what make and model of player do you have and how did you set it to multi region, did you have it done for you or buy the player as multi region?
    Forum Member
    chrisjr wrote: »
    The disk may be region coded but if the DVD player has really been set to multi region then it will ignore the region coding of the disk and play it.

The fact that it is not playing it suggests the player may not be multi region hacked after all. So what make and model of player do you have and how did you set it to multi region, did you have it done for you or buy the player as multi region?

Just found out mine is only r1/2 but been
    Told it can be changed (hacked) to no region at all it's not under warranty so
    Doesn't matter there it's an
    Lg model no DVx 550
    It doesn't say anything about regions at all btw p
  • grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just found out mine is only r1/2 but been
    Told it can be changed (hacked) to no region at all it's not under warranty so
    Doesn't matter there it's an
    Lg model no DVx 550
    It doesn't say anything about regions at all btw p

Try here

http://www.justanswer.com/electronics/4uc8q-hello-please-tell-lg-dvx550-region.html
    Forum Member

Cheers for advice
    Think I get an all region dvdvrather than go through all
    That
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Cheers for advice
    Think I get an all region dvdvrather than go through all
    That

Burning that file to a disc was the best thing I ever did to my LG player which is hardly any effort to be honest.
    Once the players unlocked then its happy days as not restricted to just region 2 DVDs which are quite often poor in compassion to other regions versions.