AMC's Hell On Wheels coming to TCM UK April 2012

13»

Comments

• petestanpetestan Posts: 3,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone tell me what the message said at the end please on last night's episode please, I couldn't tell what they said and there are no subtitles on TCM2.
    I am guessing it was they won't send a doctor but I am not sure.

I thought I had better put it in spoilers just in case someone objects, thanks, Pete. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    he is a foreman and an enforcer lol

hes in chargle of the black workers because he used to own slaves before slavery was abolished by lincoln

He is in season 1, but in season 2 he doesn't seem to be a foreman as that job belongs to O'Toole.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oh right,not seen s2 yet,gonna finish of s1 tonight or tommrow
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    petestan wrote: »
    Can someone tell me what the message said at the end please on last night's episode please, I couldn't tell what they said and there are no subtitles on TCM2.
    I am guessing it was they won't send a doctor but I am not sure.

I thought I had better put it in spoilers just in case someone objects, thanks, Pete. :)

The note said

''This is to notify that Lt Winston will be arriving at Hell on Wheels immediately to execute Doc Whitehead as per orders from the President of the United States.''

He is going to be executed because he aided and abetted the robbers(Although you would expect a trial first?). Bohannan told Lily all the Doc did was hold the horses.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Further to the above.

I think the telegram at the end would have made more sense if it read.... to execute the arrest of Doc Whitehead etc etc?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The note said

''This is to notify that Lt Winston will be arriving at Hell on Wheels immediately to execute Doc Whitehead as per orders from the President of the United States.''

He is going to be executed because he aided and abetted the robbers(Although you would expect a trial first?). Bohannan told Lily all the Doc did was hold the horses.
    Further to the above.

I think the telegram at the end would have made more sense if it read.... to execute the arrest of Doc Whitehead etc etc?

Cheers guy's makes sense now although there is a big difference between the two of you, why did they execute the robber who survived without a trial, was he one of the men who killed Bohannan's wife?
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    petestan wrote: »
    why did they execute the robber who survived without a trial, was he one of the men who killed Bohannan's wife?

No, they killed him because he really, really deserved to die.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MoreTears wrote: »

Cheers, I just thought there was a bit more to it because the other guy was showing Bohannan the robber's gun for some reason, as if there was something special about it. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MoreTears wrote: »

Hiya MT.

Summary execution by order of the President? Bohannan had one against him. But Durant would get it waived if Cullen agreed to work for him. Hawkins had one and the Doc has one now. Are these orders based on historical fact. Or have the writers made this plotline up. Never heard of these kind of executive orders before. So it has me intrigued. Is it because they are all confederates and it's classed as a kind of treason. Or is it just because they are robbing trains.
  • Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Season 3 starting on TCM tonight at 9pm.
  • startidestartide Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    Season 2 is on ITV4 on Wednesday (15th) at 10.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    when does season 3 start in US?

edit- just seen callums post! thank you, i will sky plus asap, hope there is a repeat of s3 premiere.
  • Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like the season 3 premier (which is a double bill) is repeated on Wed 15/1/14 at 11.05pm on TCM (UK). But you should check this.

I enjoyed it last night.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeh i have sky plsued both

s1 was better than 2 but i liked them both, hopefully s3 is a bit more gritty.