Game of Thrones (Season Two)

CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
Forum Member
✭✭
[highlight]Admin note[/highlight]: Please be aware that any book discussion should be contained to what has been seen on screen. Any discussion of future events that has not yet transpired on screen is classified as a spoiler.

With less than two weeks to go until the "Epic Series Returns" I felt it appropriate to switch over to a Season Two thread :D

In the build up to April 1st, we have been showered with promotional material. So if trailers, teasers and posters are your thing - feast your eyes on these.

Season Two Teasers:

The Cold Winds are Rising

Shadow

Season Two Trailers:

Power and Grace

Seven Devils

The More You Love

Price For Our Sins

Pledge Your Allegiance:

House Baratheon

House Stark

House Greyjoy

House Targaryen

House Lannister

Character Featurettes:

Daenerys Targaryen

Jon Snow

Joffrey Baratheon

Stannis Baratheon

Robb Stark

Renly Baratheon

"You Win or You Die" Behind the Scenes:

Promo 1

Season Two Posters:

The King Can Do As He Likes - graphic & season one spoiler

War is Coming

The North Remembers

Phew! What more convincing could you possibly need to return with the show?

Comments

• srhDSsrhDS Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this a US paced thread? and can books be discussed?
    Obviously no book knowledge that is spoilerific should be mentioned, but comparisons of characters or already aired events should be ok.
    Personally I've only seen season 1 so have no knowledge of season 2. I did find it quite interesting though when those who had read the books commented on the series, just so long as the comments were discreet.

must say I am really looking forward to season 2. I will be watching at UK pace so if the thread is US paced I will need to avoid it between US airing and UK airing.
  • NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only recently 'got into' the series, but I'm totally hooked now, and just now is the first time I've seen the 'Price of our sins' promo, I'm now a little bit giddy with excitement.

I guess the new guy coming in to claim the throne is the other Baratheon brother they were talking about at the end of the first season isn't he? (a yes or a no, without elaborating wouldn't constitute a spoiler would it?)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only recently 'got into' the series, but I'm totally hooked now, and just now is the first time I've seen the 'Price of our sins' promo, I'm now a little bit giddy with excitement.

I guess the new guy coming in to claim the throne is the other Baratheon brother they were talking about at the end of the first season isn't he? (a yes or a no, without elaborating wouldn't constitute a spoiler would it?)

Yes that's Stannis Baratheon, I don't think clarifying who is who is spoilerific, as long as people don't elaborate on what does or doesn't happen to them.

So excited for Season2, I hate wishing my life away but April 1st needs to hurry up and get here already.

Edited to add a thank you to the OP for all the awesome links :)
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    srhDS wrote: »
    Is this a US paced thread? and can books be discussed?

Yes, lets keep this US paced. We can create a UK pace thread again if the gap proves too great :D

The books can be discussed providing it does not include spolierific material in, or past A Clash of Kings which has not already been covered in S2.

This includes anything in A Clash of Kings which has not been included in the TV show (we know that elements of Game of Thrones were ignored in Season One and brought over to Season Two). This series probably needs "A Song of Ice and Fire" discussion thread in 'books.' :p
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    Yes, lets keep this US paced. We can create a UK pace thread again if the gap proves too great :D

Season 2 starts in the UK a day after the US premiere so I don't really see the need for a seperate UK Pace thread :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    Season 2 starts in the UK a day after the US premiere so I don't really see the need for a seperate UK Pace thread :)

True, my Spartacus UK paced thread died and that has 3 days gap. I can wait a day before catching up with the thread.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think that is what was thought last time when a UK pace thread was started before a US thread :D
  • *Elle*90*Elle*90 Posts: 3,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't there a spoiler thread as well as a UK pace and US pace thread last year? Or did I imagine that?
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Elle*90 wrote: »
    Wasn't there a spoiler thread as well as a UK pace and US pace thread last year? Or did I imagine that?
    Yes there was a Spoiler thread that allowed discussion of all the Books as well.

I'd suggest we stick to one (non Pace specific) Thread (this one) for discussion of the show and also have a Book Vs Show thread that allows Book Spoilers.

Any Season 3 casting Info (which will probably start in a couple of months) can be put in the ongoing Casting Thread
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    Yes there was a Spoiler thread that allowed discussion of all the Books as well.

I'd suggest we stick to one (non Pace specific) Thread (this one) for discussion of the show and also have a Book Vs Show thread that allows Book Spoilers.

Any Season 3 casting Info (which will probably start in a couple of months) can be put in the ongoing Casting Thread

Makes sense to me :)
  • Regis MagnaeRegis Magnae Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    I'm looking forward to see how Stephen Dillane plays Stannis, I liked how he played Thomas Jefferson in John Adams.
  • JayJay Posts: 244
    Administrator
    Here's another pretty cool fan poster: http://twitpic.com/8z1t7w

Woo, Daeny!
  • *Elle*90*Elle*90 Posts: 3,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to see how Stephen Dillane plays Stannis, I liked how he played Thomas Jefferson in John Adams.

I just watched that this week - had heard about it when he was cast, and I love HBO and historical drama's so it seemed like something I'd like - never got around to watching it until this week. He was great, really, really great.

I like him as Stannis in all the previews. Really excited about the Stannis, Mel, Davos camp.
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice thread OP, great links as well. I'm fair giddy with excitement over this. Seems ages we have waited for the new series (well we have) but now its less than two weeks. Whoohoooo.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jay Seery wrote: »
    Here's another pretty cool fan poster: http://twitpic.com/8z1t7w

Woo, Daeny!

I officially pledge my allegiance to the House Targaryen. To serve under Daenerys Stormborn, The unburnt mother of dragons and the true Queen of Westeros.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    The King Can Do As He Likes - graphic & season one spoiler

Fans at WonderCon could have their own image added to this poster.

This one might be familiar to people but there are lots of others as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    *Elle*90 wrote: »
    I just watched that this week - had heard about it when he was cast, and I love HBO and historical drama's so it seemed like something I'd like - never got around to watching it until this week. He was great, really, really great.

I like him as Stannis in all the previews. Really excited about the Stannis, Mel, Davos camp.

I thought Renly was the camp Baratheon :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reviewers have been sent the first 4 episodes.
    Tweets from Jace Lacob
    “The first two episodes of S2 #GameofThrones are very, very strong indeed. Some spellbinding, heart-pounding stuff. I’ve missed this world.”

(on epo3) “Another fantastic episode of #GameOfThrones, written by @BryanCogman. Brutal, beautiful, and glittering in its malice. Loved. ”
  • MishcollMishcoll Posts: 12,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Started rewatching series 1 on dvd today, hopefully will have finished watching before series 2 begins. Can't wait, although it'll be kind of different watching it now I've read the books.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    Mishcoll wrote: »
    Started rewatching series 1 on dvd today, hopefully will have finished watching before series 2 begins. Can't wait, although it'll be kind of different watching it now I've read the books.

The same here, started watching the show for 3rd time today. 11 days to go so 1 episode/day will do just fine (if I don't finish them by tomorrow :p )

I've got the books, but didn't read them. Thought I prefer to be surprised watching the show and then read the book to get more into details. What do you suggest? :cool:
  • anotherlongersanotherlongers Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sam40G wrote: »
    The same here, started watching the show for 3rd time today. 11 days to go so 1 episode/day will do just fine (if I don't finish them by tomorrow :p )

I've got the books, but didn't read them. Thought I prefer to be surprised watching the show and then read the book to get more into details. What do you suggest? :cool:

I've read all the books, finally finished Book 5 last weekend. To be frank, the whole thing has melded into one so that although I know how the story progresses I can't remember what happened in each book. Therefore I'll still be enjoying Series 2 as I can't really remember what happens in it :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am the same, I can remember events clearly but have no recollection of what book they happened in (besides obvious ones) because I read them so fast!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sam40G wrote: »

I've done the same, I have the first two books but waiting til I watch season 2 before I start them I agree that the visual impact will be more not knowing what's coming but that the books will give great detail and background.
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »

Makes sense to me :)

I agree, makes sense considering they've already juggled bits from the first couple of books around.
  • MishcollMishcoll Posts: 12,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've read all the books, finally finished Book 5 last weekend. To be frank, the whole thing has melded into one so that although I know how the story progresses I can't remember what happened in each book. Therefore I'll still be enjoying Series 2 as I can't really remember what happens in it :)

Not read the last book yet, still got that to look forward to:). I can't remember the ins and outs of Clash of Kings but as soon as something starts to build on screen I'm sure the memory will be jogged. I actually think that once I get emerged in series 2 again I'll probably dig the book out to see whats gonna be coming up in the next episode. I'll probably confuse myself though if they dont follow the sequence of the book exactly.