Study moby/ipod car dash board holder required

Trickster999Trickster999 Posts: 1,631
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm looking for a strong, sturdy bracket with a strong grip for a moby/ipod touch....must be able to fit on the dash and have a 360 degree angle option so I can mount it horiziontally....any recommendations?

Comments

• charliesayscharliesays Posts: 1,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bought this Montar car mount for my S4 and it's got superb suction and stability. Fits pretty much any phone and can be used on window or dash.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00BZWW3ES/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • Trickster999Trickster999 Posts: 1,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bought this Montar car mount for my S4 and it's got superb suction and stability. Fits pretty much any phone and can be used on window or dash.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00BZWW3ES/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Looks good, does it mount on the dash?
  • charliesayscharliesays Posts: 1,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, it's rotates fully by 360 degrees so you can put it anywhere of your choosing.

That said, it does depend what kind of surface your dash is. The suction cup is super sticky and strong (it hasn't moved at all in a month on my window) but my dash is textured and made of a soft material. There was no chance of any suction cup sticking directly on that but they do also supply a strong 3M round sticker for the mount to sit on in cases like this. But the dash wasn't even having that so I gave up and went for the window.

If you have a smooth flat surface such as plastic, walnut etc then it will be perfect.
  • John_PatrickJohn_Patrick Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Take a look at the brodit website.

They do a range of proclips that a vehicle specific. They clip on to your dash, often between gaps around the stereo or vents etc.

Then, you get a device specific mount from them, some are powered via cig lighter, some can be hard wired in, some are USB power. Some are even USB audio.

Not the cheapest option but certainly the neatest.

Www.brodit.com