Options

Ear / Body Piercing experiences

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was filmed for Scuzz (Music channel) in Camden getting my lip pierced.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,908
    Forum Member
    I had my nose pierced until it all became the rage, then I took mine out.
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    I've thought about getting a septum piercing but I can't really have it done because I'm looking for work at the moment. :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 294
    Forum Member
    I had my ears pierced for the first time when I was 13. When I was 16 I had them pierced again. Then on Saturday I had my lobes pierced for a third time and my left ear rim pierced. It's changed a bit since I last had my ears pierced - I remember those huge guns they used but now single use ones. The ear rim didn't really hurt, I could feel it but it wasn't painful. Because I had a ring put in (apparently they normally use a stud) it was quite painful when she turned the ring, but it was only for a few seconds.
  • Options
    loddellboshloddellbosh Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    Also did you get your ears pierced as a Baby? how do you feel about it now?

I did. I was four months old and it was long before the whole 'chav' thing (my mum is probably the opposite of a chav :p). I then had them pierced again when I was just under three years old.*

I am totally grateful to my mum for getting them pierced otherwise I probably would never have had them done (I'm a wimp).

I now have nine ear piercings, one nostril piercing and two in my bellybutton. And I think that's it. I don't have any tattoos.

*My mum asked me if I wanted them pierced the second time and I said yes. According to a poster on an older thread on this subject, it's because a three year old would say yes to anything. :rolleyes: My sister was also asked at the same age and she said no - she's just had the second hole done on her fourteenth brithday.

Some people 'against' it think that it can mentally scar someone for life. :confused: I have no idea why. I obviously can't remember the first time and I very very vaguely remember a tiny part of the second time, but I have no negative memory at all. I also never pulled them out and nor did any other child I came into contact with. I never injured myself at all.

I tend to stay away from those sorts of threads now because the unbelievable stupidity of people who obviously don't know what they're talking about annoys me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    I got my ears pierced when I was 8 at my hairdressers. My Mum took me and they did them with a gun. I can't remember it being particularly painful. I got a second piercing in my earlobes when I was 12 and the top of my right ear (Helix) done when I was 14 all at the same hairdressers with a gun.
    Between the ages of 16 and 19 I dated a body piercer who worked in a tattoo studio and he pierced my belly button, 2 further holes near the lobes of my ears but going up the edge of my ear along with a conch and daith piercing. These were all done with needles.
    I have never had any problems with any of my piercings other than the conch being slightly uncomfortable to sleep on at first and my belly button one rubbing on my clothes a bit when It as first done.
    I also have 2 tattoos which I have had done in my 20's and am planning a third.
    I don't think there is anything wrong with piercings at any age really as long as you understand to look after and clean them properly to minimise the chance of problems as they can be taken out at any time if you decide you don;t like them anymore. Tattoo's I think have to be thought about much more carefully due the the difficulty in getting rid of them but as long as you have thought through what you have done, where you have it and what effect it may have on your life and what you wish to do with your life then I don't see why anyone else's opinion matters.
  • Options
    weemargaretweemargaret Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    I got my ears pierced for the first time when I was 11 and there were no problems at all.
    I got my ears done a second time when I was about 14 but I don't like the way it looks when I have two sets of earrings in so I don't use the second set of holes any more.
    When I was 15, I got my nose pierced and my parents had said no but they were fine when they seen it. My father said he didn't know why I wanted to wear an earring in my nose! I loved this piercing and only took it out when I was 22 and started teaching and needed to look respectable.
    When I was 21, I got my bellybutton pierced. I didn't go to a very nice place and it got infected and I could barely move for a few weeks. It healed up but I took it out after two years cos it was still sore at times and it kept catching on my clothes.
    No tattoos, just never appealed to me
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 320
    Forum Member
    Not sure when I got my ears pierced but probably when a baby or infant as I just remember being at school with pierced ears. For some reason my mum didn't like me to wear earrings whilst at primary so I used to put a pair in whilst at school and take them out when she picked me up, but one day I forgot they were in and she saw me take them out and she snatched them away :D

From the ages of 17-18 I got a second and third ear piercings along with the top right ear but somehow got :yawn: of them and now just have my first ear holes putting an earring in my top ear occasionally.

Belly button done at 19 and my mum went mad - saw it when I was in the changing room, demanded I take it out then walked off leaving me :o Got it done again soon after but going through the underneath scar tissue was agony but took it out when I got pregnant 3 years ago and I regret not putting a retainer in it to keep the hole open. Want to get it done again but the pain from the second time is putting me off!

Got my tongue done at 20 and my mum went mad again! Was a good 2 weeks before she found out though. The day I got it done, my mum had made rice and chicken and I was literally just swallowing the rice!

Whilst getting my tongue and belly button done though, I thought they had finished and upon opening my eyes coz I am such a wuss woke up to find the 'world's biggest knitting needle' sticking out both my tongue and that of my stomach! :eek:

Got a Madonna mole thing done around 24 whilst my mum was on holiday - can't remember her exact reaction but once again guess what? Wasn't happy! I told the lady I didn't want the standard 'massive' ball sticking out my face so she told me where I could buy a smaller ball from and to come back and she would do it with that which was nice of her especially as she knocked some money off too (but I suppose she wanted the business so it worked out okay). Now I have an even smaller cubic zirconia stud in it - dunno how I get away with my tongue and face piercing in my job but they are subtle.

Now I want a tattoo - either behind my ear or on my hand like Cheryl Cole's with my daughter's birth date and / or teeny tiny hand and / or footprints. Don't do pain though and can't face the wrath of my mother! :(:rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I got my ears pierced first time when I was about seven LOL, I remember sitting in claires accessories while she got the gun out and crying but I think I must have wanted them at the time

Then from about a year or two ago I went through a piercing stage I had the top of one ear done and a second set of lobe piercings and that triggered something in me that just wanted more and more lol

About 6 months later I got a second hole in my ear and my tragus pierced didn't hurt one bit

About 3 months later I got two holes in the top of my other ear and my belly button pierced (uncomfortable but didn't actually hurt hurt)

Finally about 9/10 months ago I got my tounge pierced worst one yet :(, the actual piercing wasn't so bad but for about three days after I was wishing I'd never had it done, after a few weeks it was fine though and these days I don't even feel it most of the time.

I also have a tattoo on my side a design I made myself which I got for my 18th bday (about a year and a half ago) VERY painful near the ribs I wanted to cry but I love it :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i got my ears pierced when i was 8 & i certainly dont regret it :) my friend got hers done when she was 5 & one of my cousins got hers done when she was 3!
  • Options
    Phylan78Phylan78 Posts: 519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    4 ear-piercings, my nose and tragus...actually had my ears pierced 8 or 9 times..but had to remove them/have them removed by a doctor as the discharge kind of formed over them and I wasn't able to clean them , that was the key, need to be big enough so that they can be easily twisted and thus cleaned.....on 2 other occasions they came right through...but now my 2 on each side are quite happy!:)..

.My first nose piercing closed over itself...well the skin tried it's best to close over the ring....and had to remove it....the second fell out in my sleep.......and well the third is hopefully hear to stay!...My tragus was very painful, difficulty sleeping for two nights, but never infected and the piercing that attracts most attention!:)
  • Options
    KarmaChameleonKarmaChameleon Posts: 1,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had mine done when I was about four or five. It was actually a reward for 'being brave' for my operation and I definitely wanted them, despite being scared. Never caught them on anything or had any injuries. Unfortunately, my ears have a sensitivity to silver and got badly infected after I wore silver earrings for about a day and eventually closed up.

I got them repierced about a year later. And then a second hole in each when I was about 12. I'm not a huge fan of piercings, I have to say. They scare me quite a bit so the two holes are all I've got. :o

Tattoos, on the other hand...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    I had a third in my right ear near the top, it was at a rather nasty little place in Durham (no longer there, surprise, surprise) the girl that did it was obviously new and unskilled. I was left with a severe infection despite good care on my part - I knew what I was doing (having already had a number of ear piercings and no trouble before) - the stud sank into a nasty raw hole and had to be taken out so the hole could heal over, which took ages and was very raw and embarrasing as I looked like my ear had the plague!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,345
    Forum Member
    i was wanting to get top of right ear pierced but everyone talks about how painful it is and i've heard loads of stories about it getting infected!!! :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i was wanting to get top of right ear pierced but everyone talks about how painful it is and i've heard loads of stories about it getting infected!!! :(

Hi. I had this done a few weeks ago. It was fine, bit painful but it only took a few seconds. I've wanted it done for years, just never had the guts to get it done for the reasons you've given. I had my nose pierced in february, realised it didn't hurt that much so went and got my ear pierced in april. It should be fine if you look after it properly (cleaning it twice a day...I was told that it is impossible to keep the piercing too clean!) 3 weeks on I'm fine. Keep the original jewelery in for a few months you should be fine. :)

Good luck.
  • Options
    nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've had the top of my right ear done twice, once with a gun and once I done myself, neither gave me any bother, and i've still got the one in from the gun, and I got that done 12 years ago, and only took the second out for my prom and forgot to put it back in!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well, I got my septum pierced today. Didn't hurt as much as I thought it was going to. No more than a nostril piercing. :) Only winced when the jewellery was put in. Managed to get jewellery that can be hidden as my mum doesn't know and I start work tomorrow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bumpety bump bump :) I like this thread.
  • Options
    Phylan78Phylan78 Posts: 519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad it went well Nicole!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is nicole the girl who wanted her ear cartlidge pierced? (SoapAddict..) If so, well done. :)

My septum piercing is still ok, still cleaning it. If anyone else here has a septum piercing how long were you cleaning it for (weeks etc). Want to make sure it doesn't get infected. Also, is it a good idea to clean the jewellery every now and again (as in take it out for a minute and soak it in soapy water (fairy liquid))?

thanks in advance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Had another set of earlobe piercings today. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I want to buy a new nose stud, any websites you recommend? I tried going to a couple of jewellery shops but they didn't have anything, anything that they did have was really flimsy and not worth having.

Thanks.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have quite a lot of tattoos and piercings, but I didn't have anything more than 2 sets of earrings until I was well into adulthood.
    The only advice I would give is to research the place you choose to go to, be sure of what you are getting, don't rush into a decision and follow the care instructions.
    By doing all of that there is no reason that any sort of body modification cannot be safe, well done, and enjoyable.
    I don't regret a single one of my 16 piercings and numerous tattoos :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 127
    Forum Member
    Piercings: ears done professionally at 18 with a gun, never infected never any problems. Second hole done at 21 with single use needle - consistently refused to heal so I just left them to close up. Had them done again at 25 and they healed (sort of), but even now when I take the earrings out for a few days they heal up at the back. When earrings are in they get itchy, so can't win.

Navel done twice - both times never healed despite doing everything I should have done to the letter so binned the idea and got a tattoo instead. Tattoo was brilliant - bit burny when he did it, but its never hurt or got infected. Worst thing was when I got it done, because its on my back, I had to lean over the back of a chair and my arms went numb.....OH is after me having another tattoo....I'm thinking about it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Anyone know of a good website for septum jewellery? I've checked on the high street and couldn't find anything. I'd like longer septum jewellery like this. I have shorter jewellery.

any help would be appreciated :)