Options

Does Cheryl think she is the only woman ever to get divorced?

busy_beebusy_bee Posts: 695
Forum Member
✭✭
Having seen the news in the showbiz section about her having the worst year of her life, it strikes me that she thinks she is the only woman ever to have gone thru a divorce.

Yes its horrendous, yes it hurts like hell, and is stressful, emotional and all that....

BUT when you have a team of people looking after you, doing the housework, dealing with the legal bits, not having to worry about money all the time, or having to deal with the children who dont understand what is going on, I am very sure that there are many people who have it worse than she has.

Think about the woman who works full time, has to pay a mortgage, whilst looking after the kids as well...

I dont think she really understands how lucky she is at all. Espcially when you can afford to pay for a quickie divorce and dont have to go thru years of suffering to get it.

She has got off very lightly.

Comments

• Options
    parthyparthy Posts: 5,408
    Forum Member
    Cheryl Cole is to divorce what Myleene Klass is to pregnancy.
  • Options
    LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    parthy wrote: »
    This is a good post.
  • Options
    lucy manelucy mane Posts: 10,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is very convenient all this comes out just as she is about to release her next single.

Little miss showbiz is all about PR.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lewnaticc wrote: »
    This is a good post.

Why thank you. I have approxiamtely one good post per year. :D
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Beat me to it :D

Cheryl thinks she's the only woman ever to get cheated on and divorced, just like Myleene & Natalie Cassidy think they're the first women to ever get pregnant.

Snore.
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl Cole = Boring :yawn:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, she is. She's also the first person to ever contract malaria.
  • Options
    cashloot147cashloot147 Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    busy_bee wrote: »
    Having seen the news in the showbiz section about her having the worst year of her life, it strikes me that she thinks she is the only woman ever to have gone thru a divorce.

Yes its horrendous, yes it hurts like hell, and is stressful, emotional and all that....

BUT when you have a team of people looking after you, doing the housework, dealing with the legal bits, not having to worry about money all the time, or having to deal with the children who dont understand what is going on, I am very sure that there are many people who have it worse than she has.

Think about the woman who works full time, has to pay a mortgage, whilst looking after the kids as well...

I dont think she really understands how lucky she is at all. Espcially when you can afford to pay for a quickie divorce and dont have to go thru years of suffering to get it.

:rolleyes:

I think she's more than aware of how lucky she is but how does that make it any less heartbreaking??? When in that article did she say she is struggling to pay bills, look after kids etc? When did she say she is the only person that has gone through a divorce? All she said is that she is heartbroken as ANY person would be after the breakdown of their marriage regardless of wealth! She said it was the worst year of HER life, not the worst year anybody has ever had! Annoys me when people read into things and come out with nonsense like the OP!
  • Options
    GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    Cheryl is the only woman ever to get divorced and the only person ever to nearly die of malaria.

The same as Myleene Klass is the only woman ever to have a baby.

It's like every generation thinking they invented sex.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    but guys ur all forgetting she did nearly die ..and oh my god what a loss that would have been - she is such a talent, such a find , we would have never been able to replace her ........:rolleyes::rolleyes:

im seeing a self help book - how to get thru it ...on the horizon.

what bugs me is - there are actual people going thru worse in the world ..and miss cheryl thinks that her spolit existance and life turnmoil is just the worst thing ever ...she has lost her grip on reality.Fame = money and if u live by the sword u die by the sword . the more i see of the propaganda machine the more sympathy i do feel for ashely being married to her . she is jordan just more tighly managed.
  • Options
    Forum Member

That's because no-one wants to think of Grandpappy having Grandma in the reverse cowgirl position! :p:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And Kym Marsh's valued comments to current and World affairs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Novaman wrote: »
    And Kym Marsh's valued comments to current and World affairs.

Heh heh, yeah. :)
  • Options
    BellagioBellagio Posts: 3,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's because no-one wants to think of Grandpappy having Grandma in the reverse cowgirl position! :p:D

Gee, thanks... I was eating my lunch. Was...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bellagio wrote: »
    Gee, thanks... I was eating my lunch. Was...

Well, I try to help. :)
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheryl is the only woman ever to get divorced and the only person ever to nearly die of malaria.

The same as Myleene Klass is the only woman ever to have a baby.

......But Myleene Klass did invent pregnancy - didn't she??! :confused:

:p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    She must have really had those rose-tinted specs on when she got married to Ashley, because to me it seemed pretty obvious he was a bit of a t**t and a prime candidate to cheat :confused: Love is blind, I suppose, well for those who don't want to see ;)

Like so many of her showbiz peers, she foolishly agreed to take him back after he cheated the first time and she can't really be too surprised that he went and did the same thing again.

BTW, how much smug can you possibly get in one picture? This one sets a new precedent....

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01149/cheryl3_380_1149789a.jpg
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl and Ashley should never have got married in the first place. They rushed into it thinking they were the new Posh and Becks, were happy to rake in the cash for being the new celeb couple and I don't think for one minute they ever actually thought about the reality of what being married would mean.
    They seemed to never spend any time together and always appeared to be like a pair of overgrown kids playing at being married.

One day, they'll both have a proper relationship and realise what they had was nothing more than a fling that dragged on
  • Options
    Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol a fling that dragged on. I kind of agree tho. Everything is fine for the 1st 6 or 9 months but your not meant to get engaged.
    She must have really had those rose-tinted specs on when she got married to Ashley, because to me it seemed pretty obvious he was a bit of a t**t and a prime candidate to cheat Love is blind, I suppose, well for those who don't want to see

Like so many of her showbiz peers, she foolishly agreed to take him back after he cheated the first time and she can't really be too surprised that he went and did the same thing again.

BTW, how much smug can you possibly get in one picture? This one sets a new precedent....

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/a...0_1149789a.jpg

Maybe or maybe she knew him a lot better. Prior to Cheryl, the dude just got on with his job, was liked by the press and was hailed as the world's best left back. The breakdown happened when he sued Newsgroup, it didn't further help that he put out that book.
  • Options
    rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Where has she said she's had it worse than anyone else?

It's not a competition, why have you made it one?

She's in the public eye, she's just got divorced, she's going to be asked about it and going to talk about it.

What's the big deal, don't like it, don't click on the links to the stories, flick through the pages of her interviews and don't turn on the TV station she is on when she's talking about it.

Why seek out this kind of information and interviews if you can't stand her and don't care what she has to say? Why bother wasting your time?
  • Options
    i_am_a_gremlini_am_a_gremlin Posts: 3,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Read the sun today and it was FULL of her smug face.....
    As was the magazine that came with it...for gods sake...so sick of seeing her face....its bloody everywhere....

Hurry up and bugger off to the US so we can get some peace :mad:
  • Options
    John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope Cheryl is prepared for the time when the press turns against her which is inevitable sooner or later.:rolleyes:
    It still amazes me how ill prepared The Beckhams were when the papers turned hostile back in 2004-2005.:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    River_city - I think people are just a bit sick of buying newspapers/magazines and seeing her captioned mugshot. (A diagnosis foir this sort of experience is the Kerry Katona Effect. If it is left untreated it can develop into the Jordan Disorder, which causes severe bouts of nausea and irritation.)

Not only is she the only woman ever to get divorced, she is the only woman with true heartfelt feelings regarding ANYTHING. Nobody feels things as deeply as wor Cheryl.
  • Options
    guffybearguffybear Posts: 1,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think about the woman who works full time, has to pay a mortgage, whilst looking after the kids as well... .

but do those women have to have every detail disected in the media with made up stories from 'sources' who could be the next person over in the press room or a chap down the pub ?

and then further scrutinized on forums like this from 'experts' who have no interest in the woman and are fed up about hearing/reading about her but still feel the need to also speak out everyday.
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, she is. She's also the first person to ever contract malaria.

But in all fairness o nthat one I dont feel she could be blamed for all the coverage, she was in hospital and the media were the ones who decided we needed to know a blow by blow account of it all.