Why all the bitching about Rebecca not moving.

bunnyintheboxbunnyinthebox Posts: 1,481
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Good vocals dont require massive staging and a cast of thousands to fill a concert hall. You certainly dont need to move to make a good CD. All this crit of Rebecca not moving is a load of tosh. I dont believe the people who say they like her but moan about her not moving. If you like her voice then why do you need her to move a muscle. No, its just people trying to find something about her to moan about, and in my opinion its really quite pathetic.

Comments

• SwanGirlSwanGirl Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see the fuss about her moving around either. Yes, Cher does it, but Cher does not have the voice that Rebecca does. Her big productions happen to mask the fact that she really is not a strong singer. Rebecca does not need a big production to shine, as her rendition of Satisfaction last night proved in my opinion. I would like to see her do an uptempo number this week, as it sounds as if that is something that she wants to do. It is a risk, but if it pays off it could put her into the final and bring her some new fans.
  • H-TempsH-Temps Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    Rebecca Dull. The dullest woman in Dullsville!

Her vocal is good but not great, and alone they are not enough to win this competition.

The clue's in the name of the programme!
  • TalullahmayTalullahmay Posts: 5,962
    Forum Member
    Good vocals dont require massive staging and a cast of thousands to fill a concert hall. You certainly dont need to move to make a good CD. All this crit of Rebecca not moving is a load of tosh. I dont believe the people who say they like her but moan about her not moving. If you like her voice then why do you need her to move a muscle. No, its just people trying to find something about her to moan about, and in my opinion its really quite pathetic.

Couldn't agree more Rebecca is now in the way of Certain people & they want her Moved, No other Reason...:)
  • RupertPupkinRupertPupkin Posts: 1,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

All true. She does what she does, no compromise, all quality. If people want dancing, they should vote for somebody else, like erm.... oh.
  • TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    You don't buy tickets to see someone in concert only for them to stay in the same spot the whole night either.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tyjet wrote: »
    You don't buy tickets to see someone in concert only for them to stay in the same spot the whole night either.

You might not but that wouldn't bother me. I go to concerts to listen to the artist, I don't want some full on dance routine to pre recorded vocals a la Britney.
    Forum Member
    She doesn't have to have a huge dance routine with pre recorded vocals. She just has to move, otherwise it's all just incredibly underwhelming and rather dull.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic thread, I agree!!!!
  • bunnyintheboxbunnyinthebox Posts: 1,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    H-Temps wrote: »

Her vocal is good but not great, and alone they are not enough to win this competition.

The clue's in the name of the programme![/QUOTE]

I think she will come 2nd but sell more CDs than Matt. There is no such thing as the X factor, its a term invented by A & R folk who dont know what the f**k they are doing. All it means is that these people dont know why one artist makes it and another fails, but most people who are truly passionate about music could probably tell them. The music industry has always worked on the basis of trying to copy whatever seems to be working for the competition rather than take a risk on originality.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So how come Leonard Cohen concerts are always sold out?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think she will come 2nd but sell more CDs than Matt. There is no such thing as the X factor, its a term invented by A & R folk who dont know what the f**k they are doing. All it means is that these people dont know why one artist makes it and another fails, but most people who are truly passionate about music could probably tell them. The music industry has always worked on the basis of trying to copy whatever seems to be working for the competition rather than take a risk on originality.

Ironically, I think it would be better for both Matt and Rebecca if they didn't win. Both would do much better without Cowell behind them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,950
    Forum Member
    I don't mind her not moving, dancing isn't everything... look at what Bieber did last night :eek: My main problem with her was the recent song choices, she was starting to bore me. But then I loved her version of Satisfaction.
    Forum Member
    Because, unlike Rebecca, he actually moves?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Right. Many established and unique artists have commented that if they had gone the same route they would have likely struggled and failed miserably on the show, especially with the theme weeks.

Simon is basically using the show for marketing purposes, then he signs the acts he likes (rather than simply wins) if they get far enough and can demonstrate some support from the public to indicate they could sell; he also has his eye on the American market and gets feedback or simply looks for an avenue where he hasn't yet had an artist.
  • EtherealEthereal Posts: 36,118
    Forum Member
    People aren't asking for choreographed dance routines. Just to move her body in some way! Even when she was behind the mic stand she could have swayed from side to side in time to the music. Anything just so she isn't frozen like a statue. I don't think it's asking for too much to want her to walk around the stage a bit either.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because, unlike Rebecca, he actually moves?

Dont be annoying. Ive got the DVD of his 02 concert and he aint dancing around the stage like some desperate Maddona or Kylie. He can sing, Rebecca can sing. If you want a circus then fine, some of us just want the music.
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

TBF Leonard Cohen moves more than Rebecca does and he's a consumate performer. One of the best and he doesn't even have a great voice. He's just completely compelling and a fantastic storyteller.

Rebecca has a beautiful voice but I feel she could be so much better if she let loose. I always feel she's holding something back. Hopefully it will come with time because she's a lot better than she thinks she is.
  • VolVol Posts: 2,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She should move about a bit so we at least have something to watch whilst she spouts her self indulgent, coma-inducing, warbling.
    Forum Member
    Fair enough. Moving, dancing, doing cartwheels across the stage etc isn't necessary. The thing is though, if you're going to rely on your vocal ability and nothing else at all then you have to have sensational vocals. Good or great vocals just won't do!

Rebecca is vocally good but not great and has had a few tuning issues in the last couple of weeks if truth be told. I have no doubt that she'll make a decent CD of pleasant background music, but the simple fact is that she's a boring performer.

Not saying she's bad. Just dull!
    Forum Member
    Dont be annoying. Ive got the DVD of his 02 concert and he aint dancing around the stage like some desperate Maddona or Kylie. He can sing, Rebecca can sing. If you want a circus then fine, some of us just want the music.
    I'm not being annoying. I know he doesn't dance around like an idiot, but he also doesn't stay firmly rooted in the same place and stand like a statue. I like Rebecca, but she's so uninteresting to watch. You don't go to a live concert to just listen to the music, you have the CDs for that. You go to the live concerts to see an actual performance.

If you don't, you're just wasting your money.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vol wrote: »
    She should move about a bit so we at least have something to watch whilst she spouts her self indulgent, coma-inducing, warbling.

Big fan then? Does not sound to me that her moving would move your opinion, which kind of proves my point that the people moaning about her not moving are not actually fans, they just want to find something about her to moan about. Thanks for proving my point.
  • VolVol Posts: 2,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big fan then? Does not sound to me that her moving would move your opinion, which kind of proves my point that the people moaning about her not moving are not actually fans, they just want to find something about her to moan about. Thanks for proving my point.

Any time :D.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not being annoying. I know he doesn't dance around like an idiot, but he also doesn't stay firmly rooted in the same place and stand like a statue. I like Rebecca, but she's so uninteresting to watch. You don't go to a live concert to just listen to the music, you have the CDs for that. You go to the live concerts to see an actual performance.

If you don't, you're just wasting your money.

Sorry but that is such BS in my opinion. Lots of people go to concerts just to hear artists in the flesh. Maybe you dont but hey, each to his own.
    Forum Member
    Sorry, I've just noticed that some people are trying to have a serious conversation comparing Leonard Cohen to Rebecca! :eek:

:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    Sorry, I've just noticed that some people are trying to have a serious conversation comparing Leonard Cohen to Rebecca! :eek:

:D:D:D
    I know, right? I almost asked if they were seriously making the comparison, but they obviously were so I went with it.

And yes bunny, seeing the artist in the flesh is also a factor in wanting to see them live, but if they're crap performers - which sadly Rebecca is - then I wouldn't want to see them. No matter how much I loved them.