Cher Lloyd - Diva in the making? or fixed from the start?

busy_beebusy_bee Posts: 695
Forum Member
✭✭
Having just stumbled across a few articles about this girl, considering she only came 4th in the Xfactor, she seems remarkably big for her own boots.

Prancing around in America as if she owns the joint, buying expensive clothes (or being given them) ipads, makes her appear as if she already thinks she is a STAR, a celebrity.

If this is all being paid for by Simon Cowell and his company, it does beg the question, was there any point in actually having an X Factor competition this year?

It has been blatantly obvious from Day 1 that Cher was the chosen one.

From her first audition to the cock up at the Judges houses (where she cracked) and the varying reports of her horrific behaviour and attitude, anyone else would have been shown the door a long time ago.

Now we have reports about her recording material and starting to get her debut album done. In previous years no one was even allowed to THINK about this kind of thing before the Winner had a crack at the limelight and the tour was over.

So, my point, has Cher already become a superstar Diva in her own mind, and was this years Xfactor really a fix to get this little madam publicity regardless of who actually won it?

Comments

• SatanelSatanel Posts: 11,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think she should have been put through Judges Houses over Treyc in the first place... It should have always been Treyc, Gamu and Rebecca as Cheryl's chosen three and with the extra footage that they implement if you get put through to the live shows, then Treyc probably would have done much better and even better than that if she had a judge that gave a toss about her...

But I digress, I just thought Treyc was a much more fun subject to talk about than the 'Diva'... she doesn't even deserve that title, that title is for arrogant superstars... she's only arrogant. :eek::D
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fixed from the start.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cher doesn't bother me as much as she does some people. I think she's probably a "stroppy" teen but probably not nearly as bad as she's made out to be by the press.

I liked her performances on the show and if she can keep her "diva" attitude in check with the people she's collaborating with post show, she could do really well.
  • rombodrombod Posts: 5,252
    Forum Member
    She's not "prancing" about America, she's simply being there, being more successful that your favorite, hence your bitterness.

You're equating the fact that she is being given stuff to her being a "diva"—this is no one's definition of diva.You're furiously scrambling the edges of frail ideas together to create something with which you can desperately criticise her( despite the fact it's ridiculous), just to vent your frustration. Your bias is obvious, and your argument is non-existent.
  • MarcPaulBMarcPaulB Posts: 4,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The X factor is over now. Cher and Matt have completely different fan bases, they are no longer in competition with each other. Why can't they both do well?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    busy_bee wrote: »
    Prancing around in America as if she owns the joint, buying expensive clothes (or being given them) ipads, makes her appear as if she already thinks she is a STAR, a celebrity.

If she is given the opportunity to record in the US and meet her idols why in the hell wouldn't she take it? Like any other person would if they had the opportunity and that was their dream.
    If this is all being paid for by Simon Cowell and his company, it does beg the question, was there any point in actually having an X Factor competition this year?

The competition is for a record contract which the winner received. Do you honestly believe all other contestants should not be allowed to sign record deals?

From her first audition to the cock up at the Judges houses (where she cracked) and the varying reports of her horrific behaviour and attitude, anyone else would have been shown the door a long time ago.

Her first audition? the one that got 20 million views? yes that pretty much guaranteed she'd be picked over other girls at judges houses. Cheryl said it was her favourite audition of the year and that is why she put Cher through to the live shows despite the fact that she was sick at judges houses. I don't see anything wrong with that in the slightest. They had already seen enough from Cher to know she was worth putting through. As for Treyc, she got through and didn't last as long as Cher in the live shows because she was not as popular. So it looks like maybe Cheryl was right. ( I do think she should have put Gamu through instead of Katie who was rubbish at her first audition aswell as Judges houses )
    So, my point, has Cher already become a superstar Diva in her own mind

How could we possibly know what Cher thinks in her own mind?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not uncommon for the non-winning finalists to continue to remain in the spotlight. XF is all about the show, judges and ratings....that's all the producers care about. The contestants would be fools not to milk the free publicity for all that it's worth.

Adam Lambert spent a lot of time on American magazine covers and talk show circuits, but no one questioned his publicity just because he finished 2nd to Kris Allen on American Idol. They found other things to winge about :D
  • batman.batman. Posts: 8,906
    Forum Member
    considering she only came 4th in the Xfactor,
    Out of 200,000+ applicants.
    Prancing around in America as if she owns the joint,
    Oh dear, LOL. She's just in America recording her new material, calm down.
    buying expensive clothes (or being given them) ipads, makes her appear as if she already thinks she is a STAR, a celebrity.
    She is a celebrity though; a celebrity is pretty much someone who is well known, or famous. Cher is quite well known in the UK after being on X Factor, and a little in the US too. Besides, how is she wrong for buying things?! She's got more money than she's ever had in her life; of course she's going to splash out! She can afford to!
    If this is all being paid for by Simon Cowell and his company
    Yeah, it's not like she can make money herself from interviews and whatnot is it?
    I doubt the producers chose anyone but Matt, as it was obvious he was going to win from the way he topped the vote pretty much every week.
    From her first audition
    Which has been widely said by her 'haters' to be her best performance, and generally liked by everyone.
    to the cock up at the Judges houses (where she cracked)
    Where she had a sore throat. Just like Matt did. But oh, that's Matt, his mummy gets to attend to him in bed!
    and the varying reports of her horrific behaviour and attitude,
    Oh yes, the gutter press and theri alleged sources.
    Now we have reports about her recording material and starting to get her debut album done. In previous years no one was even allowed to THINK about this kind of thing before the Winner had a crack at the limelight and the tour was over.
    And now you're just making stuff up. The fact is, most of the earlier competitors were just not given record deals. In recent years many non-winners have been given them; Diana, JLS, Eoghan, Olly Murs, Rachel Adedeji, Ruth, and you also fail to mention the Rebecca and 1D also were given deals. Funny that!

You also seem to know a lot about Cher from a 'few articles', and that's exactly why you have formed this opinion of her; you are falling into the trap of believing everything you read.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benami311 wrote: »
    It's not uncommon for the non-winning finalists to continue to remain in the spotlight. XF is all about the show, judges and ratings....that's all the producers care about. The contestants would be fools not to milk the free publicity for all that it's worth.

Adam Lambert spent a lot of time on American magazine covers and talk show circuits, but no one questioned his publicity just because he finished 2nd to Kris Allen on American Idol. They found other things to winge about :D

Oh, it was questioned. Kris fans complained BITTERLY when Adam got the covers of Rolling Stone, Entertainment Weekly, Details, you name it. The media latched onto Adam and largely ignored Kris. And they were PISSED.

Hey, I'm not gonna fault Cher for jumping on all of these opportunities. It's not like Matt isn't getting opportunites or press. I mean, he was just nominated for a Brit Awards for goodness sakes!

And by the way Rebecca is meeting celebrities too. She just met Drake and J Cole. One Direction is in the studio recording, has a book coming out and just did a photo shoot for Sugar Magazine.

They're all just doing their thing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The bosses just want to make money out of her publicity. And she knows that publicity will keep her happy.
    And the red tops always follow her around for extra money too.

Basically she's a fame hungry wannabe. More so than anyone that crawls out of a reality show (other than Cheryl :D)
    Forum Member
    The bosses just want to make money out of her publicity. And she knows that publicity will keep her happy.
    And the red tops always follow her around for extra money too.

Basically she's a fame hungry wannabe. More so than anyone that crawls out of a reality show (other than Cheryl :D)

She's a fame-hungry wannabe because the paparazzi choose to follow her around America as she records her debut album and shmoozes with music giants? Please stop.
  • SageDragonSageDragon Posts: 456
    Forum Member
    Couldn't agree more. The contestants' contract should stipulate that the fourth placed winner has to walk three paces behind the winner and defer to his/her opinions on matters of fashion and personal taste.

I'm shocked that Cher has an iPad - where did you read this? It certainly should have been more widely reported. It goes without saying that no-one without a top-ten single under their belt should be allowed to have one. That goes for everyone, not just famous people.

As for the 'expensive' clothes - I'm assuming that she can actually afford them - but having the temerity to spend money on items of her own choosing, well it just sums up her whole attitude as far as I'm concerned. Completely breathtaking...
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having just stumbled across a few articles about this girl, considering she only came 4th in the Xfactor, she seems remarkably big for her own boots.

So, my point, has Cher already become a superstar Diva in her own mind, and was this years Xfactor really a fix to get this little madam publicity regardless of who actually won it?

She's kind of paying for it. Syco will pay her an advance/allowance which they can recoup against her royalties at a later date. In other words, if Cher buys a £2000 Chanel handbag then she won't get any royalties from her album until Simon makes £2000 to pay for that handbag.

In the past *deep breath*, G4, Journey South, Andy Abraham, Ray Quinn, Ben Mills, Chico Slimani, Jedward, JLS, Olly Murs and Eoghan Quigg have all rush released albums and/or singles in the first half of the year and before the winner.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes fourth out of hundreds of thousand applicants, thats not an achievement :rolleyes:
    And the horrific behaviour that is "attacking" someone with a spoon while eating a yoghurt. What if they were lactose intolerant :eek::eek::eek:

ETA. And Jedward last year had a single in the charts at the end of January?
    One Direction are about to record, Rebecca is meant to be in America recording but the press don't give a sh*t because the sweet innocent classy girl (who I do love don't get me wrong) only sells so many papers...
    Forum Member
    Yes fourth out of hundreds of thousand applicants, thats not an achievement :rolleyes:
    And the horrific behaviour that is "attacking" someone with a spoon while eating a yoghurt. What if they were lactose intolerant :eek::eek::eek:

You better watch your tone or I'll wave my spoon at you in a vaguely threatening manner. It has my saliva all over it and everything.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

ETA. And Jedward last year had a single in the charts at the end of January?
    One Direction are about to record, Rebecca is meant to be in America recording but the press don't give a sh*t because the sweet innocent classy girl (who I do love don't get me wrong) only sells so many papers...

I agree with this lol. People just can't get enough of Cher. ;)
  • AliBaba2010AliBaba2010 Posts: 4,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Satanel wrote: »
    I don't think she should have been put through Judges Houses over Treyc in the first place... It should have always been Treyc, Gamu and Rebecca as Cheryl's chosen three and with the extra footage that they implement if you get put through to the live shows, then Treyc probably would have done much better and even better than that if she had a judge that gave a toss about her...

But I digress, I just thought Treyc was a much more fun subject to talk about than the 'Diva'... she doesn't even deserve that title, that title is for arrogant superstars... she's only arrogant. :eek::D

I'm assuming they didn't put those three through because they would have been competing for votes from the same demographic, because they are all quite similar acts, hence the inclusion of Katie and Cher.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm assuming they didn't put those three through because they would have been competing for votes from the same demographic, because they are all quite similar acts, hence the inclusion of Katie and Cher.

Once Cheryl was announced as the mentor for the girls, It was a given that Cher was going through, regardless of how she performed at Judge's House. Cher was her Golden Child.

Katie may have been included to add some drama. I personally didn't see too many similarities in style from Gamu, Rebecca and Treyc, so they probably would have developed their own unique fanbases.
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katie, and the controversy which followed her, pretty much made the series. Nobody cared about Treyc and Gamu proved far more interesting as some kind of martyr than she ever could have as a contestant. Similarly, Cher provoked controversy, offered something different and got a record deal.
  • M@nterikM@nterik Posts: 6,982
    Forum Member

Excellent post.

It was obvious from the start, for whatever reason, this vile child was being groomed for a crack at stardom. She has become a legend in her own mind certainly although her performances were largely awful on the show. She certainly cannot rap and would need alot of auto tuning to make any Album passable.
  • batman.batman. Posts: 8,906
    Forum Member
    M@nterik wrote: »
    Excellent post.

It was obvious from the start, for whatever reason, this vile child was being groomed for a crack at stardom. She has become a legend in her own mind certainly although her performances were largely awful on the show. She certainly cannot rap and would need alot of auto tuning to make any Album passable.

Oh, I wondered when you would turn up, spewing your venom. :p
  • M@nterikM@nterik Posts: 6,982
    Forum Member

What if they weren't ?

Why eat a yoghurt if they are lactose intolerant.

Cher is just plain intolerant, and for that matter ignorant.
  • AliBaba2010AliBaba2010 Posts: 4,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What if they weren't ?

Ignorant to what exactly?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What if they weren't ?

They weren't? Cher was eating a yoghurt while talking to someone which the press branded as the spoon attack.
    And am I to assume you have met her then? Because saying she's ignorant when you have no personal experience of a person just makes you look like a right stupid, and ignorant, ****

And if we need proof then here's the definition:
    1. lacking in knowledge or education; unenlightened
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rombod wrote: »
    You better watch your tone or I'll wave my spoon at you in a vaguely threatening manner. It has my saliva all over it and everything.

Oh no:eek::eek:
    I'm super sorry I didn't mean it *falls to knees begging*
    :p