Options

Home waxing my private bits?

justjaxjustjax Posts: 939
Forum Member
✭✭
Okay. So I'd like to wax my butt crack (sorry, no delicate way to really phrase this). Over the years I'd used stuff like Veet but recently I realised that it's says not to use in the genital area etc so a bit concerned to use Veet type stuff again (even tho have previously) anyway, was thinking about waxing and doing it myself with the wax strips you can get from Superdrug and Boots, etc. But the question is are these wax strips okay to use or do salons use a special wax for those 'special' areas? :D

Comments

• Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    Who would be doing the waxing for you? You couldn't do that area yourself.

I think it'll be fine to do at home if someone is helping you
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who would be doing the waxing for you? You couldn't do that area yourself.

I think it'll be fine to do at home if someone is helping you

Lol, don't think its the kinda thing you ask for help with unless you have a very intimate relationship with them. :o Was planning to do it myself with a mirror :D
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    justjax wrote: »
    Lol, don't think its the kinda thing you ask for help with unless you have a very intimate relationship with them. :o Was planning to do it myself with a mirror :D

That'll just be awkward

Best get help- how will you be able to whip it off? And fast?
  • Options
    venusinflaresvenusinflares Posts: 4,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The salon I go to does use a different wax for 'delicate' areas. It sets hard and they don't use a strip to pull it off. It also doesn't remove any skin like strip wax does, just the hair.

I really would find yourself a salon that does intimate waxing, they have seen it all before and won't bat an eyelid at waxing your bum crack for you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks all, I did think it might be different wax, or well, I'll maybe do the salon instead then.
  • Options
    Ba Na NaBa Na Na Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is something called Nads Brazilian wax. Which is what the salons use, its hard wax which means you can just pull it off once it sets.