Options

Not a happy bunny with Talk Talk

I got home today to discover a letter from Talk Talk offering me a new pacakge as they are bringing Tiscali pacakages in line with Talk Talk ones. All very positive to look at and worded.

In Plain english "we are putting the price up":mad:

I was more than happy with what I was paying with Tiscali and now Talk Talk want an extra £10 a month.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Not happy

Comments

• Options
    hanssolohanssolo Posts: 22,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This was mentioned in Thinkbroadband
    http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/4125-tiscali-brand-dropped-by-talktalk.html
    For Tiscali customers, this is both good and bad news. Some will see price reductions on their service, but others may see a price rise of £5 if they do not take the TalkTalk phone line rental service. ISP Plusnet have noticed this and are offering Tiscali customers a special 3 month free offer if they migrate to Plusnet by the end of January. Users interested should check where they stand in terms of contract with Tiscali/TalkTalk as early termination may incur charges.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    Throughout 2010 we are preparing to move you onto the TalkTalk next generation network. In preparation for this we need to align our products and packages with those available from the TalkTalk Group.

All Tiscali customers who have had a price adjustment on their package were sent a letter notifying them.

Although your package is capped at 40Gb download limit, this is still a huge amount, to put this into perspective it will allow you to download the equivalent of 55 movies or 900 albums, currently 97% of Tiscali customers use nowhere near 40Gb in a month.

Our Terms and Conditions state that any price changes to packages will be communicated to customers giving a full 30 days notice.
    This price increase does not breach our Terms and Conditions, but this price adjustment does mean that if you were still within your contract period you are able to without penalty; however we have other packages which may interest you, please do speak to the relevant department to discuss this further.

Chris
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    Talk Talk might be perfectly within their rights, but it doesn't help those of us who are currently struggling for every penny and are now faced with a price rise :mad::mad:

The service (broadband) has suffered significantly since Talk Talk took over.. mid week evenings it just crawls.. yet they want to charge me more for it!!!!!

Luckily, there is light at the end of the tunnel for me.. house is on the market, so it shouldn't be too long before I will be living somewhere they don't have me over a barrel!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    Hi,

Just to re-iterate:
    MK_Chris wrote: »
    This price increase does not breach our Terms and Conditions, but this price adjustment does mean that if you were still within your contract period you are able to without penalty; however we have other packages which may interest you, please do speak to the relevant department to discuss this further.
    Chris

Feel free to discuss this with customer services, as an aside, if you feel you're experiencing technical issues - PM me your number and I'll investigate your line stats,

Regards

Chris
  • Options
    chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got home today to discover a letter from Talk Talk offering me a new pacakge as they are bringing Tiscali pacakages in line with Talk Talk ones. All very positive to look at and worded.

In Plain english "we are putting the price up":mad:

I was more than happy with what I was paying with Tiscali and now Talk Talk want an extra £10 a month.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Not happy

Go to a comparison site and change providers. I will if Talk Talk (formerly Tiscali) increase my charges. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 479
    Forum Member
    Even with a modest price rise the multi package from TT is still a lot cheaper than BT vision,I've been very happy for 2
    years with BB,Phone and TV from Tiscali and can't see a good reason to change.
  • Options
    noise747noise747 Posts: 30,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    McScream wrote: »
    Talk Talk might be perfectly within their rights, but it doesn't help those of us who are currently struggling for every penny and are now faced with a price rise :mad::mad:

The service (broadband) has suffered significantly since Talk Talk took over.. mid week evenings it just crawls.. yet they want to charge me more for it!!!!!

Luckily, there is light at the end of the tunnel for me.. house is on the market, so it shouldn't be too long before I will be living somewhere they don't have me over a barrel!

Talk Talk is a horrid company, make me laugh when they say next generation network., if that is what it is then this country is doomed as far as broadband goes. Over the last few months I have been to a few peoples places who have been having problems with their internet or computer, most of them is on Talk Talk so called next generation network, in fact one lives just over the road from our local exchange and yet their sync speed is worse than mine and I live a lot further away from the exchange .

Try to get some sense from Talk Talk is like talking to a brick wall. One of these people have now gone from Talk Talk back to plusnet, after a lot off hassle with Talk Talk and their sync speed went from 2.5Megabits to over 5, sure they may be shaped if they go mad, but I don't think they will.

I would not touch Talk Talk with a very long bargepole.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    I'm currently in the middle of a very messy break-up with TalkTalk. I don't even have a BT line any more and TalkTalk are still billing me despite numerous cancellation requests and a promised refund. :eek:

You would not believe the incompetence I've experienced since my TV service went up the creek a few months ago:

- replacement boxes that fail after a month
    - blaming the phone line when BT say it's ok (and when it's been fine since we moved here, and broadband has been flawless the whole time)
    - engineers that don't turn up (with no courtesy phone call and no explanation from the call centre)
    - asking me when I'd be home for a call back, and then still calling when I'm at work (several times)
    - emails ignored
    - "My Questions" submitted to the website always marked as "Solved" after a few days regardless of whether anything's been done to fix the problem
    - being given the wrong opening hours for the disconnections team (fact: they're not open at the weekend at all)
    - a disconnections phone number that always cuts you off (ho ho how I laughed)
    - still having the full amount taken from DD even after being promised a months credit, weeks ago
    - and now they're still billing me even though I don't have a BT line any more.

Sad to say, after 5 years of great service as Homechoice/Tiscali I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy now. Absolutely diabolical.

I'm now a happy Virgin customer and won't be looking back (although their VOD could learn a few tricks from TTTV!). Such a shame.
  • Options
    juswotmawatchinjuswotmawatchin Posts: 5,252
    Forum Member
    Just got the letter upping my £11.99 contract up to £14.99.

Pretty hacked off that they just up the rate for the same / reduced service.

Service rarely gets up to 2 GB especially at school holidays when it just dies.

The Talk Talk forum has more info, but here is some interesting news.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2010/jan/30/talktalk-u-turn-tiscali-deals

http://www.talktalk.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=171599

Not sure whether to change yet, but it seems a bit off to loyal customers and so much hassle and expense to move so basically it means I have to spend more money through no fault of mine?

Still goes with the zietgeist, PAY more get less