BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 58)

Comments

• JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,663
    Forum Member
    Afternoon everyone - still so mild here I can't believe it's almost November!!

We have baby bunnies in the field, I hope it doesn't suddenly go freezing cold, at least not until they're a bit stronger:(
  • BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JoJo4 wrote: »
    Afternoon everyone - still so mild here I can't believe it's almost November!!

We have baby bunnies in the field, I hope it doesn't suddenly go freezing cold, at least not until they're a bit stronger:(

Its not bad for the time of year. baby bunnies this time of year - is that normal? Anyway i had a close encounter with wildlife this morning when a squirrel shot across my path and across the busy main road near where i live, taking its life in its hands it was:o:D
  • Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    ’d affernoon.

We seem to have lost our garden bunnies but `I did see a squirrel a couple of days ago.

My daughter and her husband’s plan sounds wonderful but I’m not yet sure how they’re planning to earn an income.
  • MootleMootle Posts: 35,232
    Forum Member
    hello all, on this beastly hot Halloween day :D

ROLL ON WINTER, ICE AND SNOW, PLEEEEEASE!
    Forum Member
    Barracute wrote: »
    Its not bad for the time of year. baby bunnies this time of year - is that normal? Anyway i had a close encounter with wildlife this morning when a squirrel shot across my path and across the busy main road near where i live, taking its life in its hands it was:o:D

No, not normal round here. Spring and into summer, but these only look about 6 or 7 weeks old which is unusual.
    Forum Member
    Gemo52 wrote: »
    ’d affernoon.

We seem to have lost our garden bunnies but `I did see a squirrel a couple of days ago.

My daughter and her husband’s plan sounds wonderful but I’m not yet sure how they’re planning to earn an income.

By taking people like ME on trips - I don't take up much space and I wouldn't need much luggage out there!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, not normal round here. Spring and into summer, but these only look about 6 or 7 weeks old which is unusual.

I didn't think it was normal, they must be as confused by the weather as we are!
    Forum Member
    I didn't think it was normal, they must be as confused by the weather as we are!

I'm sure they are Barra and that's the worry, it's not a safe time to be a baby out there!
  • EddyBeeEddyBee Posts: 45,601
    Forum Member
    Good morning you lot.

:D

Hope everyone has a good weekend. :)
  • nowahallanowahalla Posts: 10,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morning all :)

Pinch punch yadda yadda yadda...*lobs decapitated white bunny into thread and runs off* .....:p:D
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    nowahalla wrote: »

Pinch punch yadda yadda yadda...*lobs decapitated white bunny into thread and runs off* .....:p:D

That'll be on the front of the Daily Mail! :D

Morning everyone. :)
    Forum Member
    nowahalla wrote: »

:D Just because you live a long way away don't think we won't hunt you down:cool:
  • HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    Evening All.:+))))))))))))))

All well, 3rd & 4th skip in garden, new windows in, electrics going well, central heating be finished tomorrow.Cut my way to the bottom of the garden through the bushes/trees.
    Bought my new Pans etc.

Premier Inn very nice and hositable.
    Have booked another week in case, can't see 3 weeks being enough to get all the work done ready to move in.
    Forum Member
    Hicky wrote: »

All well, 3rd & 4th skip in garden, new windows in, electrics going well, central heating be finished tomorrow.Cut my way to the bottom of the garden through the bushes/trees.
    Bought my new Pans etc.

Have booked another week in case, can't see 3 weeks being enough to get all the work done ready to move in.

CUT your way through? :confused: It sounds like something out of Sleeping beauty! We need before and after pictures please. :)

What pans did you get?
    Forum Member

Bought my new Pans etc.

Sounds like good progress - different from our move which took 10 months^_^:(

You sound excited about the garden, you'll have a lot of fun out there once you get it clear. I agree with Honey, we need before and after pics:cool:
    Forum Member
    Well done Hicky! Is it a large plot?

I'm feeling rather sad at the thought of what was effectively someone's life being consigned to 4 skips....:(
  • EddyBeeEddyBee Posts: 45,601
    Forum Member
    Good morning you lot.

:D
    Forum Member
    Mootle wrote: »

I'm feeling rather sad at the thought of what was effectively someone's life being consigned to 4 skips....:(

Yes, me too. It is a horrible thought.

I got the annual tesco cashmere jumper the other day. It was in the local tesco so no problem getting it and its a nice long tunic.
    My mistake was thinking "oh it would be nice to have the long cardigan or shorter jumper too"
    This meant a trek around practically every large tesco in merseyside, because it turns out that they just put one or two items here and there at random. (even hats in one and the matching scarf in another and gloves somewhere else. Not that I wanted those)
    So in the end I lost my patience and came home with nothing. CL got spiderman onsie pyjamas. (which he could have got in the local one)
    What a horrible stuuuuuuupid shop!
    Forum Member

I got the annual tesco cashmere jumper the other day. It was in the local tesco so no problem getting it and its a nice long tunic.
    My mistake was thinking "oh it would be nice to have the long cardigan or shorter jumper too"
    This meant a trek around practically every large tesco in merseyside, because it turns out that they just put one or two items here and there at random. (even hats in one and the matching scarf in another and gloves somewhere else. Not that I wanted those)
    So in the end I lost my patience and came home with nothing. CL got spiderman onsie pyjamas. (which he could have got in the local one)

Morning all - yes, it seems a silly way of marketing their stuff. If everything in the range was together, they'd sell more surely - certainly they'd have sold one more when you were there!!

I have a lot of tidying to do today, I HATE tidying:(
    Forum Member
    Morning all - yes, it seems a silly way of marketing their stuff. If everything in the range was together, they'd sell more surely - certainly they'd have sold one more when you were there!!

Don't do it, JoJo! :D It only comes back again.

The Savile affair goes from bad to worse!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2817166/Former-cancer-patient-said-Savile-saved-life-wants-60-000-sex-abuse-latest-questionable-claim-against-estate.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It does indeed, where there is the chance to make some money, you will find fraudsters at work!
    Forum Member
    It does indeed, where there is the chance to make some money, you will find fraudsters at work!

I think an awful lot will be in it for money, but some will have psychological problems that wont be helped by being accused in the paper, and "if" there are genuine victims (I'm going by the old fashioned notion of Savile being innocent until proven guilty) it must be horrific for them to be under suspicion too.

X factor was so dull last night that I switched it over after Fleur "did Thriller" and watched back to back Fanny Craddock Christmas cooking. :D
  • HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    Evening Everyone.:+)))))))))))))

Had a busy day at the bungalow, having bought 4 big shelving racks i decided to empty a lot of the garage to get it shelved out and to put all the stuff on the shelves.
    Have got 10 stacks of 4 shelves against the wall, have a walkway through and got the single door at the back to open.

The sturdy wooden shed at tjhe back of the garage will take some taking to bits, so will the brick shallow building next to it, that is cement built so will have to knock it down, not sure what it is.
    CUT your way through? :+confused: It sounds like something out of Sleeping beauty! We need before and after pictures please. :+)

What pans did you get?
    Hi Honey.:+))))))))))))
    I had to cut my way through as the back of the garden has been growing wild for a long time and at the back it has growth coming through from a 15ft section of land separating my garden from a school playing field.
    I got a rather nice set of pans from a garden centre that sells to of the range equipment, the set of 5 cost 200GBP, (no pound sign on keyboard)

Sounds like good progress - different from our move which took 10 months^_+^:+(

You sound excited about the garden, you'll have a lot of fun out there once you get it clear. I agree with Honey, we need before and after pics:+cool:
    Hi JoJo.:+)))))))))))
    Have got a lot of work to do, will get someone in to clear the growth and trees, then someone in to get up the roots and level the ground so i can start setting out my garden plan.
    When i get my stuff from storage i will get my computer and be able to sort some pictures out.

I'm feeling rather sad at the thought of what was effectively someone's life being consigned to 4 skips....:+(
    Hi Moots.:+)))))))))))))
    Its a good size plot, i'll have to measure from the road to the back fence, its a long way.
    Still throwing stuff into the skips, we are on our 5th now.
    All external doors and windows fitted for security, except for the final outside front door which they are leaving until the furniture is brought back.
    Electrician has done most of the 1st fix, having some dusk to dawn fitted inside and out, also brick lights in the house wall at low level for reversing in.
    Forum Member
    Hi peeps :D

Did you get the tunic, though? I am the proud owner of a cashmere cardigan that shrunk in the gentlest of washes AND threw off a lot of its buttons. There must be a nack to cleaning these things?

what is this todying of which you speak JoJo - it rings a vague bell, I must say....:confused:
    Evening Everyone.:+)))))))))))))

Had a busy day at the bungalow, having bought 4 big shelving racks i decided to empty a lot of the garage to get it shelved out and to put all the stuff on the shelves.
    Have got 10 stacks of 4 shelves against the wall, have a walkway through and got the single door at the back to open.

The sturdy wooden shed at tjhe back of the garage will take some taking to bits, so will the brick shallow building next to it, that is cement built so will have to knock it down, not sure what it is.

Hi Honey.:+))))))))))))
    I had to cut my way through as the back of the garden has been growing wild for a long time and at the back it has growth coming through from a 15ft section of land separating my garden from a school playing field.
    I got a rather nice set of pans from a garden centre that sells to of the range equipment, the set of 5 cost 200GBP, (no pound sign on keyboard)

Hi JoJo.:+)))))))))))
    Have got a lot of work to do, will get someone in to clear the growth and trees, then someone in to get up the roots and level the ground so i can start setting out my garden plan.
    When i get my stuff from storage i will get my computer and be able to sort some pictures out.

Hi Moots.:+)))))))))))))
    Its a good size plot, i'll have to measure from the road to the back fence, its a long way.
    Still throwing stuff into the skips, we are on our 5th now.
    All external doors and windows fitted for security, except for the final outside front door which they are leaving until the furniture is brought back.
    Electrician has done most of the 1st fix, having some dusk to dawn fitted inside and out, also brick lights in the house wall at low level for reversing in.

Would love to see the photos Hicky! :cool:
    Forum Member
    Hi peeps :D

Did you get the tunic, though? I am the proud owner of a cashmere cardigan that shrunk in the gentlest of washes AND threw off a lot of its buttons. There must be a nack to cleaning these things?
    :

Yes, there is. Stone cold water and a washball like this.. http://www.lakeland.co.uk/5718/Wash-It-Laundry-Ball or pure soap flakes. It is the detergent that ruins them. (you can dissolve the soap flakes in hot water before adding to either the machine or the sink.
    I have never dry cleaned anything in my life. :D

I got this one..
    http://www.clothingattesco.com/knitwear/f+f-signature-zip-detail-cashmere-tunic/invt/bm422238

The website gives the impression there are lots of styles but I didnt see them, and no mens cashmere at all.
This discussion has been closed.