Options

Marvel's Agents of SHIELD on Ch4 (Use Spoiler Tags)

Comments

• Options
    varsasvarsas Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RebelScum wrote: »
    At the start of the episode the when Hydra were discussing the 084 they speculated it may have power over death...

It certainly had that association but I'm not sure it's really that. It looks like it's linked to the writing that Coulson and Garrett have etched out so it's linked back to the serum and alien?
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Also, one of the 'annoying things on tv' popped up in this episode.

Goodie and Baddie are fighting over the same object.
    Goodie gets object and gets into a car and speeds away.
    Baddie suddeny appears in the middle of the road out of nowhere.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well he did leave the base ahead of the team and just waited on the main route away.
  • Options
    Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    With Coulson knowing Ward, and knowing what he is capable of, I think he's failed as head of SHIELD if he thought that a set of handcuffs and some guys dressed in SWAT gear were enough to keep Ward detained. :(

The bigger question though; who is the evil brother. Is it Grant, or Christian? I'm willing to bet that their third brother was killed by one of the two also.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flash525 wrote: »
    With Coulson knowing Ward, and knowing what he is capable of, I think he's failed as head of SHIELD if he thought that a set of handcuffs and some guys dressed in SWAT gear were enough to keep Ward detained. :(

The bigger question though; who is the evil brother. Is it Grant, or Christian? I'm willing to bet that their third brother was killed by one of the two also.

He's in a cell at the moment. Are you talking about something at US pace?!
  • Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,714
    Forum Member
    And if so please stop it :)
  • Options
    Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    ...I'm talking about the Season #1 Episode..... :o:p:D:blush:

EVERYONE IGNORE WHAT I'VE WROTE ABOVE!!
    varsas wrote: »
    He's in a cell at the moment. Are you talking about something at US pace?!
    And if so please stop it :)
    It was not my intention to post in the wrong thread. My apologies.
  • Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,714
    Forum Member
    No problem. Was just confused and didn't want spoiling is all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    It can't be that further into the future from the last season and somehow Skye is now a seasoned field agent?

Towards the end of season 1 Agent May hinted for Skye to train with her when they were at the motel.

I had never seen the programme until last week so had to watch the whole of season 1 in a week.
  • Options
    FrostyJimFrostyJim Posts: 3,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wtf I thought this was the first episode of season 2? When did the new season start? Didn't recognise anything from "previously" bit, who the heck is this new black guy?
  • Options
    Dress to KillDress to Kill Posts: 6,209
    Forum Member
    FrostyJim wrote: »
    Wtf I thought this was the first episode of season 2? When did the new season start? Didn't recognise anything from "previously" bit, who the heck is this new black guy?

This is the second episode, the first was last week.
  • Options
    FrostyJimFrostyJim Posts: 3,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is the second episode, the first was last week.

Thank you, that's very annoying, must have missed all the adverts for it. Gonna have to find it somewhere now. Lame
  • Options
    GalwayShawlGalwayShawl Posts: 865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kyle McLachlan may have only appeared briefly in the second episode but my, he was menacing! Looks as though Skye's father could turn out to be a really good baddie (if you know what I mean). With regard to that, I'm wondering if Skye is his biological daughter or something he created in a lab?
    I also realised what's been bugging me about the writing on the wall by Coulson - it reminds me a bit of a map or schemetic diagram, a much more complicated version of the London underground.
    Feel free to shoot me down about any/all of my comments!
  • Options
    Dress to KillDress to Kill Posts: 6,209
    Forum Member
    Definitely an interesting second episode. While there was some not-so-surprising moments (Lance double-crossing them and ended up working for them anyway) it was overall another enjoyable episode. I'm loving everything going on with Fitz, although I'm guessing Simmons will be back in a few episodes which I'm sure will be great (I thought she just left on good terms but judging by how Skye said it she's not happy about it). Also looking forward to more Ward, as his appearance in the first episode was probably better than the first half of season 1 altogether.
  • Options
    MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    I'm hoping that the only use Ward in a small guest role this season as Im worried that they will bring him back then suddenly they will make him part of the team again.That would spoil the good work they did in the second half of season 1

I enjoyed the second episode but I expected to see more of Kyle McLachlan in the episode than the brief appearance at the end.

Was this episode shown as together with the first episode in the US as it felt like it would have worked better like that!

I see that AOS runs up the 30th December in the US.Do you think that Channel 4 will take a break over Christmas period and then return in the new year?

If they did that then it would most of the gap left when ABC show Agent Carter in the US and would also explain the delay in Channel 4 starting season 2!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FrostyJim wrote: »
    Thank you, that's very annoying, must have missed all the adverts for it. Gonna have to find it somewhere now. Lame
    It's on 4oD as usual.
    Motthus wrote: »
    I see that AOS runs up the 30th December in the US.Do you think that Channel 4 will take a break over Christmas period and then return in the new year?

If they did that then it would most of the gap left when ABC show Agent Carter in the US and would also explain the delay in Channel 4 starting season 2!
    According to IMDb the US broadcasts run to the end of December so that puts the season at episode 15 and assuming C4 ran continuously we'd be going until the end of Jan. Given C4 have not picked up Agent Carter, the Christmas break could mean we would catch up later still.

Agent Carter has 8 episodes and assuming they start in Jan then Shield won't start until March over there. I wonder if we might see new episodes before the US; it happened with Farscape many years ago.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely an interesting second episode. While there was some not-so-surprising moments (Lance double-crossing them and ended up working for them anyway) it was overall another enjoyable episode. I'm loving everything going on with Fitz, although I'm guessing Simmons will be back in a few episodes which I'm sure will be great (I thought she just left on good terms but judging by how Skye said it she's not happy about it). Also looking forward to more Ward, as his appearance in the first episode was probably better than the first half of season 1 altogether.

I think double crossing is a little strong. He wanted revenge for the death of his friend. He didn't betray Coulson and co.

I'm really enjoying the season and in particular the varied relationships between all the characters. It makes it very interesting to watch. I think KM may be Skye's biological dad and would explain why she doesn't look fully Chinese when she was found a a child there.
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed that episode a lot better than the previous one. One thing I noticed is that although Fitz has trouble finding words when he talks to others, Simmons has no trouble supplying them in his head, so he does have a way of accessing them. I get the impression he knows she isn't real, at least on some level, and also knows the figment of her is helping him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    brangdon wrote: »
    I enjoyed that episode a lot better than the previous one. One thing I noticed is that although Fitz has trouble finding words when he talks to others, Simmons has no trouble supplying them in his head, so he does have a way of accessing them. I get the impression he knows she isn't real, at least on some level, and also knows the figment of her is helping him.
    From when he was doing it in the first episode and he was piecing it together in his head but couldn't say it I was thinking why doesn't he write it down?

I guess they have the excuse that he doesn't think anything is wrong (in that regard) and that people are hearing the joint conversation.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think double crossing is a little strong. He wanted revenge for the death of his friend. He didn't betray Coulson and co.
    I would say making a deal to hand over Coulson and then taking out his agents during an OP would count as a double cross.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    I would say making a deal to hand over Coulson and then taking out his agents during an OP would count as a double cross.

He made the deal but only to escape detention and to allow him to take revenge. He didn't turn Coulson and co in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He made the deal but only to escape detention and to allow him to take revenge. He didn't turn Coulson and co in.
    but he did sabotage their OP by taking them out when he was supposed to be part of the team which could have comprimised the whole thing.
    Luckily Coulson showed up with that device but they also lost the 084.

So in my opinion it counts as a double cross even if it was for his own revenge reasons.
  • Options
    Joelious_OsmanJoelious_Osman Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    Channel 4 Hacks it to bits you gotta wait weeks as well.
    and Channel 4 won't be getting Agent Carter.
    So why do people insist of Watching it on Channel 4.
    Just asking
    with out downloading or pirating it.
    Here are some Legal ways

Free Ways
    Hulu.com Free Episodes (have to wait a few days for latest episode unless you pay $7.99 a month Sub. though it is still quicker than the UK)

Live
    Free on USTVNOW airs at 1/2am UK time. you get 5 Channels free. can pay extra for more channels and DVR

There is also Nimble.TV which costs but full Cable packages.

then theres Owning It.
    Then there US Itunes - Itunes Gift Card season passes etc.
    Vudu.

I think In a few years USNetworks will provide there shows directly to The Worldly market over the Internet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Channel 4 Hacks it to bits you gotta wait weeks as well.
    and Channel 4 won't be getting Agent Carter.
    So why do people insist of Watching it on Channel 4.
    Just asking
    with out downloading or pirating it.
    Here are some Legal ways

Free Ways
    Hulu.com Free Episodes (have to wait a few days for latest episode unless you pay $7.99 a month Sub. though it is still quicker than the UK)

Live
    Free on USTVNOW airs at 1/2am UK time. you get 5 Channels free. can pay extra for more channels and DVR

There is also Nimble.TV which costs but full Cable packages.

then theres Owning It.
    Then there US Itunes - Itunes Gift Card season passes etc.
    Vudu.

I think In a few years USNetworks will provide there shows directly to The Worldly market over the Internet.

I've not had any problems with C4's editing due to watershed; the only thing anyone has mentioned being cut is the odd violent shot and that doesn't matter particularly.

Waiting a few weeks doesn't matter either if one avoids online spoilers, which is easy enough, and it means an uninterrupted run of episodes.

I've had and have lots of other shows to watch so it's not like I was twiddling my thumbs waiting around.

Are you sure all those are legal and accessible without fiddling with your proxy? Even if they're accessible it's likely one would be breaking the terms of service. C4 has the advantage of being watchable on a TV and being free.

Plus please no regarding direct distribution IF it affects regular broadcast times: I don't want to wait longer for shows on TV while they first run online and I don't want to subscribe to all the different US networks to watch all my shows.
  • Options
    SideshowMarkSideshowMark Posts: 492
    Forum Member
    Channel 4 won't be getting Agent Carter.

Didn't know that, who picked it up?