Options

James Arthur Twits again

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scamrasc wrote: »
    how recently was this? i've been in america for the past 3 months, so i'm not at all up-to-date with the uk chart outside of the really big hits.

It was released 18th Aug, it was top 10 in the official midweeks but came in at 14 on that Sundays' chart. Not bad considering Radio 2 was the only major station that supported it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3sRdbaMwgk
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was released 18th Aug, it was top 10 in the official midweeks but came in at 14 on that Sundays' chart. Not bad considering Radio 2 was the only major station that supported it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3sRdbaMwgk

ooh, a mel c duet. that's surprising! thanks :)
    the song doesn't really do much for me tbh. seems a bit static and doesn't really go anywhere, but other than that it's ok. that's certainly not a bad chart placing for it at all.

ETA: as a side note, ever since chris moyles left r1 more and more i've felt like it's a bit useless and r2 is actually the better station in a lot of ways...i know moyles and his team had their detractors, but i actually really enjoyed listening to them and their banter as a way to perk me up in the mornings, the show was more fun and the music was much more diverse. it's a personal tastes thing, but r1 doesn't really cut it for me anymore. half the time the djs annoy me now and sometimes make me feel like, at 21, i'm too old for certain djs demographics :/...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    How can anyone find that attractive he is vile! he can't sing and has a constant sour face! I hope he flops to knock him down, I don't think I can bare another big headed artist who is disrespectful to other artists. He seems to get so defensive every time there is any negativity about him being just another x factor winner, if he doesn't like that label he shouldn't have entered.
  • Options
    _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do they not get PR and marketing advice along with their record contract? I think celebrities (like pretty much anyone) should be human but professional. I understand it's hard for them because they are constantly working, whereas most of us can have a professional persona then go home and be ourselves on twitter/facebook, but then again our salaries are correspondingly lower!

I agree to a certain extent (I think a lot of things celebrities get criticised for are hypocritical and unfair) but at the same time, pretty much everyone who works for a business or an organisation are governed online, even during their own time. I work for a charity, and if I was to start tweeting about how rubbish other charities were on a public, accessible account (even if it was personal), my manager would still have grounds to discipline me at work and I would quite rightly suffer a loss of professional reputation.

I also think it's about common sense and being a decent human being. Most people have celebrities that they dislike or take the mickey out of, but when you're posting those thoughts in a public place, with newspapers and internet sites easily able to pick up on it, and you're doing it time and time again like James is, all I can assume is he is genuinely quite an unpleasant person who feels he's able to get away with it despite not really earning the right to be critical about others. And the fact that he keeps going for Matt says it all, really. Poor Matt seems to have turned into the unofficial XF whipping boy, despite not really doing anything to warrant it. I doubt that James thinks much of 1D's music, for example, but he doesn't go after them calling their songs bland or whatever. He keeps going for the easy target.

I honestly don't get why anyone would want to support someone like that. Even if I liked his records (and I did think Impossible was a great, well-produced song, albeit his vocals were not at all to my taste) I just couldn't bring myself to spend money on someone who comes across in that way.
  • Options
    emma555emma555 Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member
    I know 'celebs' have Twitter accounts to promote themselves, but it's so dangerous. I didn't watch last year, but from the snippets I saw, I thought James Arthur was good. However, mocking Matt Cardle when they are pretty much on the same level is pathetic.

I think social media is bad in the long term. I saw Alexa Chung wrote a snarky comment about Miley Cyrus at the VMAs and then immediately backtracked, and I just think the whole thing is so pathetic. Own your opinions, or else keep them for your immediate circle, not the whole wide world. Twitter shows the idiot side to us all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    who wrote: »
    the blokes a **** knew him when i lived in saltburn. thinks he's it but there's far better singers around the pubs than he is ,or ever will be.
    shows what he's like when he had a tatoo after it was fiddled for him to win xfactor saying.... king arthur.
    whilst jahmene has remained very grounded and was definately the better singer and the better man.

Lol No.

Are people on here seriously calling James an awful singer? Really? :yawn: Facepalm worthy really.
  • Options
    outof theparkoutof thepark Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    emma555 wrote: »
    I know 'celebs' have Twitter accounts to promote themselves, but it's so dangerous. I didn't watch last year, but from the snippets I saw, I thought James Arthur was good. However, mocking Matt Cardle when they are pretty much on the same level is pathetic.

I think social media is bad in the long term. I saw Alexa Chung wrote a snarky comment about Miley Cyrus at the VMAs and then immediately backtracked, and I just think the whole thing is so pathetic. Own your opinions, or else keep them for your immediate circle, not the whole wide world. Twitter shows the idiot side to us all.

This is why I don't use twitter nor facebook thankfully
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If that isn't a photoshop job then my gosh, he's stupid. Although not stupid enough to post it to his actual timeline, I suppose, which means the mainstream media probably won't pick this up.
  • Options
    jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    _elly001 wrote: »
    If that isn't a photoshop job then my gosh, he's stupid. Although not stupid enough to post it to his actual timeline, I suppose, which means the mainstream media probably won't pick this up.

They will now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm pretty sure all the other sources running the story picked it up from The Sun

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/x_factor/5146512/James-Arthur-in-online-argument-over-One-Direction-fame.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I've also just noticed that Heat have picked it up as well.

http://www.heatworld.com/Celeb-News/2013/09/James-Arthur-gets-mad-on-Twitter-again-LOVE/

Not gonna lie, the part about non-removable socks made me laugh a bit. :o

I honestly think James is going to go the way of Jake Bugg at this rate, more famous for having a go at other musicians/pop stars than for his actual music.
  • Options
    annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here is the actual source: A private message...
    https://twitter.com/TyylerLee/status/379943102292979712/photo/1

And here we have James Arthur saying it's not what he meant after all:
    https://twitter.com/JamesArthur23/status/380652192858132480
    https://twitter.com/JamesArthur23/status/380652471687086080

Basically aknowledging that he wrote what was reported...
  • Options
    wise-upwise-up Posts: 2,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am not defending jake bugg, I hate any celebrity that uses others for publicity but at least when he started kicking off it was after a very successful album and lots of critical acclaim etc. he also made it himself through his hard work so he had a reason to be big headed and have an opinion. However, James has only released one song, a cover, and he had to go on a reality show to get his break and ripped off other people's covers ( sexy and I know it) and his new single seems to have disappointed some people and hasn't been released yet so could fail d. He mostly gets attention for the wrong reasons (behaviour with women, ignoring north east media at a north east gig to only speak to itv) he hasn't really got a lot to be big headed about to think he is superior to others.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    annushka wrote: »
    Here is the actual source: A private message...
    https://twitter.com/TyylerLee/status/379943102292979712/photo/1

And here we have James Arthur saying it's not what he meant after all:
    https://twitter.com/JamesArthur23/status/380652192858132480
    https://twitter.com/JamesArthur23/status/380652471687086080

Basically aknowledging that he wrote what was reported...

Great point! It does seem to prove the issue!
  • Options
    rattierattie Posts: 7,050
    Forum Member
    He must be a bg headache for his management :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rattie wrote: »
    He must be a bg headache for his management :confused:

Hence his furious back peddling now he's been caught out. I'm sure his management know full well that there are lot of 1D fans who also like James. Matt was an easy target for him because he knows they don't really share the same fanbase but I expect this one was a step too far for the people in charge of him.
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And people call Alexandra Burke arrogant. :rolleyes: This James' attitude is atrocious and I don't think Simon will be happy with his comments about 1D.

He's only had one single out, he should keep his mouth shut.
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,110
    Forum Member
    lol he's right about 1D of course, but if you're going to have that sort of opinion then don't go on the same show that promotes that sort of stuff.
    He needs to find a dictionary and look up the word 'tact'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is mean, but meh... James is mean: I'm hoping and praying his next Twitter rant is against The Wanted. It would serve him right if Capital blacklisted him.
  • Options
    rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is mean, but meh... James is mean: I'm hoping and praying his next Twitter rant is against The Wanted. It would serve him right if Capital blacklisted him.

If only...I hate to say this nut my fingers are crossed. Good for him on one successful single but I think that is enough. He's had a little success and now needs to stop with the torture.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

i love the guy's response.

"fiesty"

:D:D
  • Options
    Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ouch!! Oh dear me James :o
  • Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    He is doing my absolute head in.

What a cocky idiot. So he thinks he's gonna be the biggest X Factor star ever? God, it's going to hit him like a tonne of bricks isn't it, when it all comes crashing down.

He hasn't even released an album yet. I swear he's the male version of Azelia Banks or whatever her name is.