Options

IPAD 4 (I think) charging issue

c4ll3mwc4ll3mw Posts: 947
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi

My daughter has IPAD 4 ( i think it is anyway) it charges with a lightning cable!

We have had no end of problems with charging (she is on her second IPAD after they replaced the first one due to same issue).

its a real faf to get it to charge, end up trying it in loads of sockets and switching it on and off to get it to start charging, once it starts to charge though usually is is fine!

However the last week or so it will charge for a few seconds then we get the not charging message on it!

Im booked in at Apple store but cant get till next Tuesday and she is driving me mad wanting to go on it! any suggestions??

Ive tried resetting it, connecting it to laptop etc.... nothing seems to help!

Im not even sure if we are using a genuine cable as we have had so many of them! (i bulk buy them as she gets through one a fortnight!).

Any help would be fantastic!

Comments

• Options
    StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would suspect the charger or the cable first. See if you can find/borrow a genuine Apple one to test.
  • Options
    victorslotvictorslot Posts: 619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I second the cable as the most likely culprit. A lot of non genuine Apple cables won't work, Apple cables have a chip in them so the iPad recognises it as a suitable cable.
  • Options
    c4ll3mwc4ll3mw Posts: 947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks guys finally got around to sorting this. Went and bought a genuine cable now works fine!

Will know not to buy cheap ones next time
  • Options
    victorslotvictorslot Posts: 619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad to hear it was easy to sort. I bought a couple of supposed genuine cables from Amazon but they gave problems too, sometimes they work but not always. Never get a problem with a genuine cable, I guess the old adage of you get what you pay for is true..