Simon Cowell's mum passes away

Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,419
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I thought there would already be a thread about this but on Good Morning Britain this morning they said that Simon Cowell's mum passed away. I only caught the tail end of it so I don't know when it was.

Edit: Link to article, she died yesterday (Sun 5th July) http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/33405289/x-factor-auditions-are-cancelled-after-the-death-of-simon-cowells-mother

Comments

• InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sad news for him. They were very close. :(
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aww so sad. :cry:

I'm so glad she saw her grandchild though.
    Simon will be distraught.. :(
  • Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,929
    Forum Member
    Sad news, always thought she looked well for her age but at 89 i suppose things can happen quickly, Simon and his family will be heartbroken, glad she got to meet her Grandson, RIP
  • Moll FlandersMoll Flanders Posts: 1,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simon Cowell's mum lived really near me and my husband and I met her a few times. She was always pleasant and charming, and also elegant and glamorous for a woman of her age - or for a woman of any age. Simon's devotion to her clearly went two ways; she talked incessantly of him. She was also devoted to her adorable little dog, and involved in charity work at the local RSPCA. I hope she's made arrangements for someone to take her dog - if not, I'm sure her family will make some.

I feel really sorry for Simon and his family, and am sorry I will no longer bump into Mrs B walking her dog.
  • GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So sorry for Simon :( Simon loved his mum dearly.
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simon Cowell's mum lived really near me and my husband and I met her a few times. She was always pleasant and charming, and also elegant and glamorous for a woman of her age - or for a woman of any age. Simon's devotion to her clearly went two ways; she talked incessantly of him. She was also devoted to her adorable little dog, and involved in charity work at the local RSPCA. I hope she's made arrangements for someone to take her dog - if not, I'm sure her family will make some.

Perhaps Squiddly and Diddly might share their basket/s?
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 33,944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aww sad news :(

Condolences to Simon and the rest of the family and friends.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,916
    Forum Member
    I'm no fan of Simon's work but I do feel very sorry for him and his family at the moment.

He absolutely idolised his mother.:(
  • MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe he'll finally come out now
  • marlingmarling Posts: 3,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Microkorg wrote: »

My thoughts exactly when I heard this news.
  • day dreamerday dreamer Posts: 978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I shouldn't be surprised by the two posters above me thinking it's okay to make such comments in a thread like this but I do wonder about some of you people, I really do.

Simon Cowell is not my favourite person but he will obviously be devasated and I offer my condolences. Losing my mother is my worst fear so I've nothing but sympathy for anyone who is going through what Simon will be at the moment.
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I feel really sorry for Simon and his family, and am sorry I will no longer bump into Mrs B walking her dog.

According to Amanda Holden on This Morning he has. I'm sure she said that he's taking the dog himself but either way her dog will be OK :)

She sounds like a lovely woman, RIP. I'm not a fan of Simon Cowell but it's obvious he adored his mother so he has my sympathy, losing a much loved parent is awful.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I shouldn't be surprised by the two posters above me thinking it's okay to make such comments in a thread like this but I do wonder about some of you people, I really do.

Simon Cowell is not my favourite person but he will obviously be devasated and I offer my condolences. Losing my mother is my worst fear so I've nothing but sympathy for anyone who is going through what Simon will be at the moment.

I hear you. :(
  • Ann_TennaAnn_Tenna Posts: 395
    Forum Member
    I am sorry to hear about Simon's loss. I know how he must be feeling. :(

I lost my mother several years ago and it was just devastating. I was very close to her, like Simon was to his mum.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ann_Tenna wrote: »
    I am sorry to hear about Simon's loss. I know how he must be feeling. :(

I lost my mother several years ago and it was just devastating. I was very close to her, like Simon was to his mum.

Its nine years since my mum died and I miss her on a daily basis.
    Its a pain you just learn to live with. :(

Hope Simon and the family can all help each other at this very sad time.
  • Thom001Thom001 Posts: 939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have just found out on here that The X Factor auditions scheduled for Tuesday in Manchester have also been cancelled as a mark of respect.

I do seem to remember reading not too long ago that she was a good age and was living somewhere on the South Coast. I'm really glad to think that she was able to meet her grandson, Eric.
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,891
    Forum Member

I also wonder, day dreamer. I suppose we can only be thankful they are in a relatively small minority. Disgusting.

I feel for Simon, his brothers and the whole family. I've not lost either of my parents yet but as with you, it is something I don't wish to even think about because it's too painful to bear.
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,564
    Forum Member
    Microkorg wrote: »

What a classy comment.
  • -Unicorn--Unicorn- Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    Sad news. :(
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marling wrote: »
    My thoughts exactly when I heard this news.

Simon is imo deeply entrenched in a world of PR smoke and mirrors in general.

I do feel sorry his mum has died, as I would for anyone, it is a great loss for him and his family, clearly.

But it is not our collective loss, and I rather applaud you for not joining in the chorus of hand-wringing and shrill indignance aimed at anyone who dares say what most of the nation probably thought for about 2 seconds, before dismissing it - as being as unlikely as Sinitta ever revealing her true age.
  • DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wilehelmas wrote: »

I do feel sorry his mum has died, as I would for anyone, it is a great loss for him and his family, clearly.

But it is not our collective loss, and I rather applaud you for not joining in the chorus of hand-wringing and shrill indignance aimed at anyone who dares say what most of the nation probably thought for about 2 seconds, before dismissing it - as being as unlikely as Sinitta ever revealing her true age.

It's sad when a loved one dies but, she lived to a very good age and he's lucky to have had his mother into his sixth decade. Hundreds of mothers were murdered in Gaza last July as a result of his generous donation to the Israeli defence force. I wonder how many bullets he paid for.
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,891
    Forum Member

"what most of the nation thought for about 2 seconds"? Really? Most? You mis-judge "most" of the nation methinks just because a couple of people said it here. Those of us who think it is disgusting to make such a comment at this time are not wringing our hands I am sure. I'm certainly not. But there's a phrase that goes something like this... 'there's a time and a place' and actually probably another thread.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 310
    Forum Member

Expressing sadness for someone's loss should not be something to look down on and the thought of Simon finally coming out didn't cross my mind for a second. If it did though, I'd keep it to myself. Politeness is clearly something some people don't care about.
  • PoppySeedPoppySeed Posts: 2,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Expressing sadness for someone's loss should not be something to look down on and the thought of Simon finally coming out didn't cross my mind for a second. If it did though, I'd keep it to myself. Politeness is clearly something some people don't care about.

Me too, I never even gave it a thought, I just thought how sad as he adores his mum.