Junior Doctors : Your Life In Their Hands ( BBC 3 24/01/12 )

dean michaeldean michael Posts: 29,982
Forum Member
✭✭✭
This six part fly-on-the-wall returns with eight new medics on the block at the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital . Looking forward to the new series enjoyed the last one.

Comments

• dean michaeldean michael Posts: 29,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget it starts tonight on BBC 3 at 9 pm.
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Over the past week; I think I have seen about 20 trailers for this on BBC1, which I don't think, any other 'BBC3' programme, has ever had.:cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,030
    Forum Member

Thanks for the heads up it's on now:)
    Forum Member
    Anyone one here???
  • MissjefMissjef Posts: 2,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tj999 wrote: »
    Anyone one here???

Me!
    This program makes me glad i'm not a doctor, i couldn't handle a stressful job like that with peoples lives in your hands every day! Some of them are 2 years younger than me, and i couldn't imagine doing what they are doing.

I couldn't believe the guy (Aki?) who was giving out patient details over the phone, even i know that you don't do that!! :eek:
  • spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :eek: not sure i would fancy having a Dr having repeated tries of taking blood from me , I would not be happy lol
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,930
    Forum Member
    This girl Milla's a bit posh. Ok yah!! :D
  • d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tj999 wrote: »
    Anyone one here???

Me too! It's really interesting!
    Forum Member
    Missjef wrote: »
    Me!
    This program makes me glad i'm not a doctor, i couldn't handle a stressful job like that with peoples lives in your hands every day! Some of them are 2 years younger than me, and i couldn't imagine doing what they are doing.

I couldn't believe the guy (Aki?) who was giving out patient details over the phone, even i know that you don't do that!! :eek:

I know giving out people's info on the phone was :eek: you'd think he would have know that medicine one o one:)
    Forum Member
    d0lphin wrote: »
    Me too! It's really interesting!

Hello:)
    Forum Member
    Mandark wrote: »
    This girl Milla's a bit posh. Ok yah!! :D

Mummy proberly has shares in the hospital:D
    Forum Member
    spookyLX wrote: »
    :eek: not sure i would fancy having a Dr having repeated tries of taking blood from me , I would not be happy lol

I know i would have punched him:D
    Forum Member
    Omg is there an illness that guy did'nt have?:D:D:D
  • spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do admire anyone who decides to work in the medical profession tho , espesh those who work in busy A&E departments I know I could not do it
  • MissjefMissjef Posts: 2,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do admire anyone who decides to work in the medical profession tho , espesh those who work in busy A&E departments I know I could not do it

Me too. There is no way i could do it.
    Forum Member

It must be so stressful it takes a special kind of person to do that and i could'nt do it hats off to them:)
    Forum Member
    I'm sure shows like this inspire all the school kids desperately trying to get on to medical degree courses. It looks fun in a strange sort of way...if you can stand blood, which I can't!! :D
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it me, or was the girl doctor with the posh voice really familiar? I think she's been on something somewhere before..
  • NormandyMaryNormandyMary Posts: 865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched the previous series of this and wondered if there was a reason they put it on directly after Holby. Great start to the new series.
    Many years ago I had a trainee phlebotomist try at least 10 times, 5 in each arm, before I pleaded for someone to take over. I felt like a real pin cushion.
  • satman5000satman5000 Posts: 1,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you enjoy Junior Doctors, you should watch Confessions of a Nurse on More4 directly after at 10pm.

It shows the sharp end of hospital life.
    Forum Member
    Kyle123 wrote: »
    Is it me, or was the girl doctor with the posh voice really familiar? I think she's been on something somewhere before..
    Some people on Twitter were talking about her as if they'd seen her before somewhere but I don't know. Hope she's not a fame junkie or she won't make it as a doctor.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like it, my sister is a Doctor so we always think its funny to see the environment she works in.

How can that really young guy be a doctor already?
  • miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    satman5000 wrote: »
    If you enjoy Junior Doctors, you should watch Confessions of a Nurse on More4 directly after at 10pm.

It shows the sharp end of hospital life.

That was really good, wish my Mum could watch it she was a nurse for over 30 years - she lives overseas now.
    Forum Member
    alixfowler wrote: »
    I like it, my sister is a Doctor so we always think its funny to see the environment she works in.

How can that really young guy be a doctor already?
    Yeah, Andy's only 22 but soon to be 23 and I think it takes 6 years or so from starting your medical degree. So it looks like he was at least a year ahead at school. I'm sure he'll be a fine doctor but 22 seems too young to be a doctor in my book. Academic excellence does not alone make a good doctor. Mid 20s and having lived a bit like the rest of them seems about the right age to start.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree my sister did a management degree then decided she wanted to be a doctor so was a bit older than the other students but she found that helped. Also she was/is a lot more of a people person whereas some who have always been pushed towards medicine are more worried about the academic side. Don't get me wrong my sister did really well but wanted to be good with the patients as well.

Yes that's what we thought that he must have been at least a year ahead and if he did a 5 year course (as some are) then that works