Options

Ebola now in Spain its getting nearer!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Electra wrote: »
    The media really should just STFU unless someone tests positive. It's just scaremongering.
    What if as a result of the broadcast someone else came forward and said they'd had contact and felt rather iffy, then it turned out they had it.
    How would you think then?

Blimey, I've made a sensible post in this thread. Must be ill :o
  • Options
    stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What if as a result of the broadcast someone else came forward and said they'd had contact and felt rather iffy, then it turned out they had it.

But... as they rarely release the names of those being tested, it would be rather pointless! Fine, if the person tests positive, then, as well as contacting family, details of their journeys, etc, should be released so that anyone who has been in close contact and feels iffy can come forward but until then..............
  • Options
    barrowgirlbarrowgirl Posts: 1,944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    phylo_roadkingphylo_roadking Posts: 21,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bazzaroo wrote: »
    Sky news just tweeted that a patient in the Royal Victoria Hospital in Belfast is being tested for ebola.

Not just tweeting, they're carrying on their main broadcasts now.

He was "travelling" in West Africa, and has presented at hospital with the symptoms of either malaria or ebola...apparently in the first stages the two are very similar...and he's tested negative for malaria...
  • Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member

He was "travelling" in West Africa, and has presented at hospital with the symptoms of either malaria or ebola...apparently in the first stages the two are very similar...and he's tested negative for malaria...

OMG!!!! :o
  • Options
    bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

DM says he tested positive for Malaria or he may have already had it once.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2827505/Belfast-patient-tested-Ebola.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, Sky have amended their report, and the BBC is carrying it now. Apparently its protocol to test samples for BOTH due to the similarity of symptoms...

...and as I noted way up the thread, just because you've got one tropical disease doesn't mean you can't have another at the same time...!
  • Options
    davordavor Posts: 6,874
    Forum Member
    I was watching a report about ISIS in Iraq and Syria earlier tonight, and they mentioned that the U.S. government is spending $8.000.000 a day fighting ISIS, and Obama asked for more money to be approved soon. I'm just thinking, had they been spending $8.000.000 a day fighting the Ebola outbreak from the beginning, we would not have this global outbreak of the disease.

Why are they asking ordinary people to donate money to fight Ebola and they even have various tv adsfor that when they have enough money to sponsor wars. One would think if you can afford $8.000.000 a day to drop bombs, you can afford $8.000.000 to fight Ebola as well.
  • Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    davor wrote: »
    I was watching a report about ISIS in Iraq and Syria earlier tonight, and they mentioned that the U.S. government is spending $8.000.000 a day fighting ISIS, and Obama asked for more money to be approved soon. I'm just thinking, had they been spending $8.000.000 a day fighting the Ebola outbreak from the beginning, we would not have this global outbreak of the disease.

Why are they asking ordinary people to donate money to fight Ebola and they even have various tv adsfor that when they have enough money to sponsor wars. One would think if you can afford $8.000.000 a day to drop bombs, you can afford $8.000.000 to fight Ebola as well.

Why is it up to the USA to fight a disease in a foreign country? I don't understand. :confused:
  • Options
    davordavor Posts: 6,874
    Forum Member
    Why is it up to the USA to fight a disease in a foreign country? I don't understand. :confused:

Because the USA is telling us that we need to fight the disease and they are always the first to interfere into whatever is going on in the world, albeit unsuccessfully.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...although it usually involves killing large numbers of people.

However - I DID note up the thread that there was a particular "upper end" to the alternatives available to fight the disease...
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,964
    Forum Member
    Scare in Herefordshire over sick man with travel history in west Africa but unlikely to be ebola.
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/nov/18/hereford-hospital-patient-tested-for-ebola
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,964
    Forum Member
    It's the job of the World Health Organisation to lead the international fight for better public health but the WHO leans heavily on the massive American health care industry to assist it. The CDC regularly seconds its staff to the WHO.
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ebola :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grouty wrote: »
    Ebola :eek:
    Diary of a survivor: Day umpty plus 29 15.58pm
    Pen ran out a long time ago.
    People will be thinking I've succumbed.

I've crushed insects with a little water, and managed to make a thin sort of ink. Won't last long though.
    Short wave radio now only picks up football scores and old 'It's That Man Again' programmes. Rest of channels swamped by Christmas radio stations playing Chris de Burgh endlessly. >:(

Wonder if I can make a run for 'I'm a celebrity, get me out of here'. That must be starting soon. Surely they'll be safe in such an uninhabited area.
  • Options
    habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have no idea why there's such a fuss about this all the time?

Its only affecting a couple of countries in West Africa. I bet the rest of Africa are not even bothered.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-28755033
  • Options
    Diamond statDiamond stat Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well it is a great way to clean money. I doubt we will ever see any actual proof that 8 mil a day is going towards ebola..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    habby wrote: »
    I have no idea why there's such a fuss about this all the time?

Its only affecting a couple of countries in West Africa. I bet the rest of Africa are not even bothered.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-28755033

Morocco was/is :D
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://edition.cnn.com/2014/11/19/world/asia/india-ebola-semen/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

A man released from hospital on September 30 and declared ebola free was found to have ebola in his semen on November 10 after he travelled from Liberia to India.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^ Come again! :eek:

:D
  • Options
    PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An Italian doctor who contracted Ebola while working in Sierra Leone is being repatriated to Italy for treatment, health officials in Rome confirmed on Monday.
    LINK
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's not Italy's first case.
    That's a Sierra Leone case transferred to Italy.
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How many of our NHS staff currently out there will come back with it. Best to stay away.?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Newcastle!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-30241284

Just down the road from me! :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Hello, we're from the emergency Ebola team."