Options

Interfering Neighbours

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,075
Forum Member
✭✭✭
To cut a long story short, on the weekend one of my neighbours was sweeping the side of my house with a broom and bagging up leaves. I asked the neighbour if there was a problem with it, and she said she didn't mean to interfere. She also told me that she and another neighbour over the road were both sweeping the leaves and dirt up by my house. I know this is harmless and maybe she thinks it's being neighbourly, but I feel this is rude and cheeky as it's outside my house and my flowerbed. What do you think please?

Comments

• Options
    evil cevil c Posts: 7,833
    Forum Member
    Don't you mean outside your parents' house and your parents' flower bed, rather than your house. I think you should be very grateful that your neighbours sweep up the leaves and dirt and instead of criticising them you should help or better still thank them profusely and help.

In my road some of the neighbours are similarly public spirited, but in the main it's me who does the maintenance and anyone who moans gets short shrift. I am sincerely glad that you are not one of my neighbours having read your other moaning threads.
  • Options
    artnadaartnada Posts: 10,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quoting evilc -
    I think you should be very grateful that your neighbours sweep up the leaves and dirt and instead of criticising them you should help or better still thank them profusely and help.

They are NOT "Interfering Neighbours." I wish I had neighbours like them.

Stop being so picky and grow up. They are being helpful and kindly.
  • Options
    Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are being neighbourly. Stop looking for problems that are not there.
  • Options
    Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember you now, you think your neighbours are staring at you. Do you not think you are overly obsessed with your neighbours?
  • Options
    viertevierte Posts: 4,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh ffs not yet another thread on your neighbours. Seriously OP this is getting ridiculous
  • Options
    Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they were sweeping up the broken glass you threw into the public road to discourage folks from parking on it and just got carried away in the moment.
  • Options
    technology_lovetechnology_love Posts: 3,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is "interfering neighbours"????

Sheesh, they sound bloody awesome.
  • Options
    Chasing ShadowsChasing Shadows Posts: 3,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OP - can you not go a month without complaining about your neighbours? Either they're sweeping your lawn, watching you as you come in and out, parking in front of your garden, sitting in their hot tub or muttering homosexual insults about you.

What is wrong with you?? Is your life so dull that all you can do is sit upon this pedestal you have built for yourself, and look down upon every other person who either lives in, or visits people who have the misfortune to live in, the same little cul de sac that you and your parents do?
  • Options
    SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think if you've got leaves and dirt gathering outside your house you should be cleaning them up yourself then you wouldn't have neighbours trying to do it for you.

Considering all of your moans about other neighbours bringing your street down and your looking down on them saying they don't deserve to live in your area then this is pretty ironic. It appears that you are the problem.... not your neighbours.
  • Options
    terry45terry45 Posts: 2,876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vierte wrote: »
    Oh ffs not yet another thread on your neighbours. Seriously OP this is getting ridiculous

That is the whole point of trolling.
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    My neighbour regularly weeds and tidies up the part of my front garden that borders hers (no fences), I flipping love my neighbour
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To cut a long story short, on the weekend one of my neighbours was sweeping the side of my house with a broom and bagging up leaves. I asked the neighbour if there was a problem with it, and she said she didn't mean to interfere. She also told me that she and another neighbour over the road were both sweeping the leaves and dirt up by my house. I know this is harmless and maybe she thinks it's being neighbourly, but I feel this is rude and cheeky as it's outside my house and my flowerbed. What do you think please?

My neighbour brings my wheelie bin in... And likewise for myself

Is that interfering??
  • Options
    rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    My neighbour brings my wheelie bin in... And likewise for myself

Is that interfering??

I'm pretty sure in the OPs book that's a jailable offence.
  • Options
    scottlscottl Posts: 1,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reminds me of cutting hedges
    Used to cause chaos in our neighborhood

Cut halfway across, let it grow, cut it too short, knock it down accidentally ...
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish I had 'interfering' neighbours like yours OP.
  • Options
    PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everybody needs good neighbours.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When they are sweeping do they stop every few minutes to whisper into concealed microphones? If so, they are on to you.
  • Options
    lozengerlozenger Posts: 4,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    /\ :D And make sure you destroy any confidential letters - they might be using the sweeping opportunity to go through your bins
  • Options
    CitySlickerCitySlicker Posts: 10,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have one vile neighbour who is currently trying to intimidate us and we've had to involve the authorities to stop this bully.

I'll swap with your neighbours any day. Yes I also remember your thread about the neighbours staring, stop being so silly and appreciate what you've got, you won't realise what you have got there until you get a neighbour who causes you real problems.
  • Options
    Rae_RooRae_Roo Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OP - can you not go a month without complaining about your neighbours? Either they're sweeping your lawn, watching you as you come in and out, parking in front of your garden, sitting in their hot tub or muttering homosexual insults about you.

What is wrong with you?? Is your life so dull that all you can do is sit upon this pedestal you have built for yourself, and look down upon every other person who either lives in, or visits people who have the misfortune to live in, the same little cul de sac that you and your parents do?
    vierte wrote: »

These posts are spot on... Find a friend OP, that will humour your inane drivel... It's SOOOO tedious! ;-)
  • Options
    YosemiteYosemite Posts: 6,192
    Forum Member
    Rae_Roo wrote: »
    These posts are spot on... Find a friend OP, that will humour your inane drivel...

He's either trolling for amusement or he's mentally ill.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It IS interfering and rude, do you genuinely believe it's polite to sweep leaves out of someone's flowerbed? I think that's cheeky... It's just not the normal thing to do.
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It IS interfering and rude, do you genuinely believe it's polite to sweep leaves out of someone's flowerbed? I think that's cheeky... It's just not the normal thing to do.

I once swept leaves out of my neighbours flowerbed..
  • Options
    viertevierte Posts: 4,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh you badass you.
  • Options
    TeganRhanTeganRhan Posts: 2,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ooooh I say :p I hope she thanked you for it ;-)