Options

"Act Normal, Or They Win"

2»

Comments

• Options
    HarrisonMarksHarrisonMarks Posts: 4,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I'm convinced. Forget acting normal, I'm going out in a pink tutu to featherdust street furniture. They lose!
  • Options
    Sport1Sport1 Posts: 8,819
    Forum Member
    BigAndy99 wrote: »
    Just because you don't want/can't join in does not mean it is a wind up thread.

People are resilient. People carry on because if they do not then society collapses. Carrying on does not negate what happens but the destroyers of life would love people to give up. The brave people injured or bereaved during 7/7 and other events are incredibly strong and ultimately they have to carry on. They have no other choice.
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    F**k the terrorists.

It is as simple as that - we stood up to the Nazis and we will stand up to them.

It is our spineless politicians (so utterly crippled by PC) that want a big boot up the arse as regards to tackling the rise of radical Islam in this country.
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, I'm convinced. Forget acting normal, I'm going out in a pink tutu to featherdust street furniture. They lose!
    You're definitely not normal. Anybody knows you need Mr Sheen and a gimp mask for that.
  • Options
    Watcher #1Watcher #1 Posts: 9,046
    Forum Member
    It's simple - the terrorists want to destroy our way of life. Changing away from the values that make us what we are in order to 'defeat' them is exactly what they want - division helps them, makes them thrive.

We carry on, because to not do so is a victory for them. This is not a left/right thing - this is about standing up for all the things we value (rule of law, fair trials, tolerance, innocent until proven guilty, freedom of speech and so on)
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only winners are the big corporations, arms dealers etc.

Terrorism is just about people being used to further profit and agenda. That agenda being naff-all to do with what those who claim responsibility for the attacks spout. It's got nothing to do with religion for a start. People's religious beliefs are being abused, daily. Basic human spirit and trust - abused. They laugh as the plebs scrap in their name.
  • Options
    shaddlershaddler Posts: 11,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The OP still hasn't explained how we're all supposed to act. I'm going for detached insouciance.
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shaddler wrote: »
    The OP still hasn't explained how we're all supposed to act. I'm going for detached insouciance.
    Well that's up to you, if that's what you really like, I'm not going to stop you. I'm going for passive-aggressive.
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

We'll be waiting a long time for that explanation, trust me.
  • Options
    MAWMAW Posts: 38,777
    Forum Member
    This works
    F**k the terrorists.

It is as simple as that - we stood up to the Nazis and we will stand up to them.

It is our spineless politicians (so utterly crippled by PC) that want a big boot up the arse as regards to tackling the rise of radical Islam in this country.

And this works up to a point. Our spineless politicians are between a rock and a hard place. Would you like to be the one who sends soldiers to their deaths? Defies IS so that we get home grown terrorism? I wouldn't, though i was, and still would be quite prepared to be the boots on the ground.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,992
    Forum Member
    I think we're past the point of getting homegrown terrorists by putting boots on the ground. It's time to put them on the ground IMO, it was that time a while ago.
  • Options
    JB3JB3 Posts: 9,308
    Forum Member
    Considering that UK security seems to have worked very well over the last decade I don't think anyone is in a position to complain about it.

We can only tell by the lack of a major attack on the UK mainland, and the fact that terrorists had to murder people that were on holiday in a country that is easily accessible to them, says it all really.
  • Options
    scottie2121scottie2121 Posts: 11,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    7th July 2015

Tell that to the hundreds who are killed and wounded, and their families.

Why do the left always say this? Is it to cover for murderers? Do they actually believe it - do they think it will stop if those of us who are still walking just crack on as if nothing ever happened?

Please discuss.

I know the date so why put it?

Why the 'please discuss'?

Provide some evidence that 'the left always says this' and define the left.

Then there may be something to discuss - after you've given your opinion if that's ever possible.
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MAW wrote: »
    This works

And this works up to a point. Our spineless politicians are between a rock and a hard place. Would you like to be the one who sends soldiers to their deaths? Defies IS so that we get home grown terrorism? I wouldn't, though i was, and still would be quite prepared to be the boots on the ground.

I said to tackle our home grown extremists - nothing about sending soldiers to Syria and Iraq.

We know who they are and it is about time we stopped pussyfooting about and started getting serious.

I don't care if the authorities 'offend' a few thousand extremist Islamic nutters like Choudary and the rest.

'Islamophobia' my arse.
  • Options
    Raquelos.Raquelos. Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    It's something i've definitely noticed.

Confirmation bias I reckon.
  • Options
    CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know the date so why put it?

Why the 'please discuss'?

Provide some evidence that 'the left always says this' and define the left.

Then there may be something to discuss - after you've given your opinion if that's ever possible.
    Its what BigAndy does. That's why his threads are so tedious.
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    7th July 2015

Tell that to the hundreds who are killed and wounded, and their families.

Why do the left always say this? Is it to cover for murderers? Do they actually believe it - do they think it will stop if those of us who are still walking just crack on as if nothing ever happened?

Please discuss.

The left? 30 years of IRA terrorism under left and right Governments (mainly right) and I don't ever remember being told to hide in the cellar until the naughty people stopped attacking us. What do you want the message to be? What else could it be?
    I've read the thread and still I have no idea what your point is. Are you afraid to go out?
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sport1 wrote: »
    Are you just making stuff up now?

..."now"?
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Indeed, reading through I was looking for the OP's suggestion on how we should be acting, if not normally.

What, OP, is your suggestion as to how we should be? What are you, OP, doing differently that you wouldn't normally do, to counter this terror and fear permeating the world?