Options

Radio Football Commentators and Reporters 2012/13

Comments

• Options
    Ian CleverlyIan Cleverly Posts: 10,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd be really interested to hear more of your views on the changes at Cardiff over the summer Ian-- most fans I've spoken to, while not particularly liking the changes haven't taken the extreme step of changing their club as a result of it.

I'm against the re-brand due to how, within a space of three weeks from the initial re-consideration as to whether the re-brand and the alleged £100m investment (which we have still yet to hear how they plan to do) was to take place, suddenly there was some blatant manipluation to persuade those against the changes that without this needed investment Cardiff could go the same way as Portsmouth.
  • Options
    Ian CleverlyIan Cleverly Posts: 10,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBC Bristol / Somerset

Dan Albutt (studio host)

Bristol City V Crystal Palace - Brendon Mitchell and Adam Baker (DAB)
    Brentford V Yeovil Town - Chris Spittles and Chris Sweet (95.5FM)
    Barnet V Bristol Rovers (2000BST KO) - Ed Hadwin and Keith Brookman (94.9FM / 1566MW)
  • Options
    wns_195wns_195 Posts: 13,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBC Radio Leeds, and official websites of Huddersfield Town and Bradford City
    host: Katherine Hannah at the Galpharm Stadium
    Bradford City verses Fleetwood Town (103.9 FM, AM, DAB and official Bradford City website)
    commentator: Dave Fletcher
    summariser: John Hendrie

(92.4, 95.3 and 102.7 FM, and official Huddersfield Town website)
    Huddersfield Town verses Nottingham Forest
    commentator: Gareth Jones
    summariser: Kieran O'Regan
    Blackpool verses Leeds United
    reporter: Tim Steer

Yorkshire Radio (DAB), Minster FM and official Leeds United website
    host: Michael Weadock
    Blackpool verses Leeds United
    commentator: Thom Kirwin
    summariser: Eddy Gray

The Pulse
    Bradford City verses Fleetwood Town
    host and commentator: Tim Thornton
    summariser: Ian Ormondroyd
  • Options
    swansea steveswansea steve Posts: 1,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC Radio 5live, Wednesday 22.08.12.
    Chelsea v Reading, Darren Fletcher and David Pleat (updates)

Blackburn Rovers v Hull City, John Murray and Robbie Savage (19:45 commentary). Phil Brown is also scheduled to be involved in the coverage.
  • Options
    GrahamjoanneGrahamjoanne Posts: 940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBC Radio Manchester

Bolton v Derby - Jack Dearden with Phil Brown - commentary

Doncaster v Bury - Liam Bradford - reports

Oldham v Walsall - Ian Cheeseman - reports

Chesterfield v Rochdale - Graham Miller - reports
  • Options
    ShrewnShrewn Posts: 6,855
    Forum Member
    BBC Radio Manchester

Is that the ex ITN reporter?
  • Options
    Germany boundGermany bound Posts: 1,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC Gloustershire 1413MW and 104:7FM

Tuesday 21 August 2012
    Not sure of the host in the studios at Glouster.
    Torquay v Cheltenham
    BBC Gloustershire taking BBC Devons commentary team of
    Mark Stevens and Steve Breeze(Breeve?)

BBC Gloucestershire pre planned commentary team for Saturday 25th August
    Adershot v Cheltenham Peter Matthews and Mark Haliwell
    with Bob Hunt looking after Forest Green rovers v Woking
  • Options
    Germany boundGermany bound Posts: 1,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC Swindon/Wiltshire

All frequencies

Host Ian Longdon?
    commentator Chris Wise and summeriser former swindon player Alan McGloughlin(spelling?)
    Chippenham v Weymouth Will Wilbert updates
    Salisbury v Tonbridge Geoff Kane updates
  • Options
    The DifferenceThe Difference Posts: 21,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shrewn wrote: »
    Is that the ex ITN reporter?

I couldn't say for sure but I think the Graham Miller who reports for BBC Radio Manchester is a different one.

However, the Graham Miller you remember from ITN in the 1990s regularly reports for Today FM in Ireland on Saturday afternoons.
    BBC Swindon/Wiltshire

All frequencies

Host Ian Longdon?
    commentator Chris Wise and summeriser former swindon player Alan McGloughlin(spelling?)
    Chippenham v Weymouth Will Wilbert updates
    Salisbury v Tonbridge Geoff Kane updates

You have Ian Longdon's name spelt correctly but their Swindon co-commentator is Alan McLoughlin.

While I'm on the subject of correct spellings...
    bwfcol wrote: »
    It's Connor McNamara...

It's actually Conor (one 'n') McNamara.
    wns_195 wrote: »
    Bradford City verses Fleetwood Town

versus

Col and wns_195, I hope you don't take this the wrong way, it's just I'm a stickler for correct spellings and you consistently spell those two words incorrectly! If I've spelt anything wrong, by all means feel free to point it out. :)
  • Options
    Rich_McLeanRich_McLean Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I couldn't say for sure but I think the Graham Miller who reports for BBC Radio Manchester is a different one.

However, the Graham Miller you remember from ITN in the 1990s regularly reports for Today FM in Ireland on Saturday afternoons.

You have Ian Longdon's name spelt correctly but their Swindon co-commentator is Alan McLoughlin.

While I'm on the subject of correct spellings...

It's actually Conor (one 'n') McNamara.

versus

Col and wns_195, I hope you don't take this the wrong way, it's just I'm a stickler for correct spellings and you consistently spell those two words incorrectly! If I've spelt anything wrong, by all means feel free to point it out. :)

I eagerly await for you to nit pick at my spelling throughout the season :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    have to say, with all due respect to the difference who is a great knowledgable poster, correcting other posters spelling comes across as pretty petty IMO. you might have a point with Conor/Connor as that is someones name but versis? does it really matter?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    have to say, with all due respect to the difference who is a great knowledgable poster, correcting other posters spelling comes across as pretty petty IMO. you might have a point with Conor/Connor as that is someones name but versis? does it really matter?

I don't mean to be mean to anyone, I know correcting spelling is touchy ground and I hope the explanation I concluded on will prevent getting anyone's backs up, but when words are getting spelt incorrectly time after time I find myself noticing it and, although it's not the best "web etiquette", kind of want to point it out just to set the person straight and move on. I suppose it doesn't really matter but at the same time I think it's better to get something right all the time than get it wrong all the time and hopefully by drawing attention to a few things in (I hope) a polite manner those I've corrected will take what I've written on board but at the same time won't take offence to it. If I was to get the spelling of someone's name or a word I use all the time wrong I'd be more than happy to rectify that if it was pointed out to me in a polite manner.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wednesday 22nd August - talkSPORT

Mark Saggers presenting Kick Off: Premier League Live from Stamford Bridge

Premier League
    Chelsea v Reading - Sam Matterface and Stan Collymore (commentary), with Mike Bovill at pitchside

Championship
    Blackburn Rovers v Hull City - Simon Humphreys

Anyone know who's on commentary duty for talkSPORT Live on Chelsea v Reading this evening? Just a word about talkSPORT's coverage of Newcastle United v Tottenham Hotspur on Saturday; although Adrian Durham presented the build-up, with him hosting Matchday Live from the Hawthorns, Sam Matterface picked up the presenting reigns at half-time and full-time. So there you go.
  • Options
    bwfcolbwfcol Posts: 13,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's my auto correct that does the 'nn' on my phone. I will try harder Mr Difference ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bwfcol wrote: »
    It's my auto correct that does the 'nn' on my phone. I will try harder Mr Difference ;)

Fair enough, thought it might be a case of you thinking he spells his name with two n's. Good to see you taking my correction in the spirit it was intended.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wednesday 22nd August - Talk Radio Europe

Kenny Jones presenting Malaga in Europe

UEFA Champions League Play-Off Round First Leg
    Malaga v Panathinaikos - Paul Breen-Turner (commentary)

The Sky Sports commentary team on this match Rob Palmer and Gerry Armstrong will be joining Kenny and Paul to talk about the game at half-time and full-time.

Paul and Kenny also covered Malaga's opening La Liga game at Celta de Vigo in their respective roles on Saturday, with there being no co-commentator or studio pundits as far as I heard. It looks as if the radio rights situation in Spain hasn't yet resolved itself, so PBT is doing "off-screen" commentary this evening.
  • Options
    Ian AberdonIan Aberdon Posts: 2,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like it's the one comm/two pundits format for Radio 5 Live at Ewood Park tonight.
  • Options
    Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC Radio Scotland, 22/8/12

Richard Gordon presenting Sportsound from Cappielow, with the Scottish Communities League Cup 2nd round.

Morton v Aberdeen - Paul Mitchell, Derek Ferguson and Billy Dodds (810MW commentary) with Kenny McIntyre pitchside
  • Options
    wns_195wns_195 Posts: 13,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBC Radio Humberside
    host: Matt Dean (in the studio)
    commentator: David Burns
    summariser: Peter Swan

I'm surprised 5 Live are using two summarisers. I think two summarisers may work better on TV than on radio.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wns_195 wrote: »
    BBC Radio Humberside
    host: Matt Dean (in the studio)
    commentator: David Burns
    summariser: Peter Swan

I'm surprised 5 Live are using two summarisers. I think two summarisers may work better on TV than on radio.

actualy, i'd say it would work even worse on TV as it would be one extra voice when there is less to say on a tv commentary than a radio one. I believe radio scotland use the 2 pundit set-up a fair bit.
    did anyone listen? were 5live using one main summeriser and cutting ocasionally to the second one? if so, this is similar to how 5live often cover England games with Graham Taylor as the second pundit. not sure its a bad thing as they can offer a patentially different viewpoint to what is going on.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    Three Counties Sport - Tuesday 21st August 7-10.30pm

Presented from the studio by Luke Ashmead

Npower Championship

Ipswich Town vs Watford (Commentary) John Marks and Derek Payne 98 FM/103.8 FM/630AM/1161AM

Npower League One

Bournemouth vs Milton Keynes Dons (Commentary) Paul Dixon and Lee Scriven 104.5 FM

Leyton Orient vs Stevenage (Commentary) Steve Watkins and Euan Duncan 95.5 FM

Npower League Two

Wycombe Wanderers vs Gillingham (Updates) Ben Campbell
  • Options
    dzfootballdzfootball Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    actualy, i'd say it would work even worse on TV as it would be one extra voice when there is less to say on a tv commentary than a radio one. I believe radio scotland use the 2 pundit set-up a fair bit.
    did anyone listen? were 5live using one main summeriser and cutting ocasionally to the second one? if so, this is similar to how 5live often cover England games with Graham Taylor as the second pundit. not sure its a bad thing as they can offer a patentially different viewpoint to what is going on.

I listened to 5/10 minutes in the 2nd half. Savage, Brown and Murray were all contributing together conversation style not just view through back to Murray. I think Savage was the main pundit and Brown was used slightly less
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    Mark. wrote: »
    BBC Radio Scotland, 22/8/12

Richard Gordon presenting Sportsound from Cappielow, with the Scottish Communities League Cup 2nd round.

Morton v Aberdeen - Paul Mitchell, Derek Ferguson and Billy Dodds (810MW commentary) with Kenny McIntyre pitchside

Glad I was at the game and not listening online with my two least favourite pundits on the game.

BBC Radio Scotland - Thursday 23rd August 2012

Sportsound presented by Richard Gordon live from Tynecastle.

Europa League Qualifying
    810MW: Hearts v. Liverpool - Rob MacLean, Craig Levein and John Robertson with Chick Young pitchside
    Online: Motherwell v. Levante - John Barnes and Stephen Craigan
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC Radio Newcastle

TotalSport replaced by Live Europa League from Athens

Europa League Qualifying on DAB and FM
    18.00 K/O Atromitos VS Newcastle - Hosting and commentating - Mick Lowes with John Anderson
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thursday 23rd August - talkSPORT

Drive Time with Adrian Durham and Matt Holland, followed by Danny Kelly presenting Kick Off alongside Gabriele Marcotti

UEFA Europa League Play-Off Round First Leg
    Atromitos v Newcastle United - Graham Courtney
    Hearts v Liverpool - Graham Beecroft

I will edit if necessary but I don't think talkSPORT will have reports on Motherwell v Levante. Do any of our international contributors know who talkSPORT Live's commentary team on Chelsea v Reading last night was?