Do you have any strange neighbours?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
Forum Member
I have an old man living across the road from me and everytime I leave the house I always see him peeping through the blinds, It's really creepy.:eek:

Do you have any strange neighbours?

Comments

• SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If he is really creepy he'll also have a diary of your day to day movements like my old creepy neighbour.
  • krytenkkrytenk Posts: 1,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, but my neighbours do :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, all they do is scream and shout. One decided to scream at 2am in the morning and scare everyone in the surrounding area.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    I would sleep with the lights on, just incase :D

After watching some horror films being of creepy neighbours etc, you just never know :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    I recently caught my neighbour having a wank with his curtains wide open. It was only about 9 at night and so it was still quite light out and you could see everything. Perhaps he was putting on a show for someone but the odd thing was, it didn't last that long and as soon as he was done he closed his curtains!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    sootysoo wrote: »
    I recently caught my neighbour having a wank with his curtains wide open. It was only about 9 at night and so it was still quite light out and you could see everything. Perhaps he was putting on a show for someone but the odd thing was, it didn't last that long and as soon as he was done he closed his curtains!

Maybe he was putting on a show for you:D:D
  • IngersIngers Posts: 401
    Forum Member
    Yeah, my neighbour is a perfectly respectable working middle class person with a gorgeous wife, yet she still manages to haul back a load of chavs from the worst part of town
    Forum Member
    Maybe he was putting on a show for you:D:D

Me & the other 30 or so apartments facing him! :D

I feel so special :cry:
  • SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's not creepy seeing them peek out of the window at any time you leave the house is creepy.
    My neighbour was in the upstairs window morning noon and night for years.
  • tim59tim59 Posts: 47,188
    Forum Member
    Depends what you can strange, i i have a lovely old lady one side and my ex wife the other side
    Forum Member
    Me & the other 30 or so apartments facing him! :D

I feel so special :cry:

So you should. Haha!:D:D
  • netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like the couple who live opposite me. For the first year after moving in, she would stand at her bedroom window and get her baps out. Then she moved on to making threatening gestures (pretending to slit her throat and pointing to me etc). That esculated into her hiding behind her hedge and shouting obscenities at me as I passed.
    She's spent many hours staring out of her window watching me prepare food in the kitchen. Must be fascinating watching me peel taties and carrots.
    My daughters hula hoop landed in her garden once and I made the mistake of opening my front door when she came marching across the road. I could smell the booze as soon as I opened the door, it was the first time I'd been up close. She was quite aggressive and threatening, she had her foot in the door and seemed to have superhuman strength, it took the combined effort of me and the two kids to shut the door on her. Scary.
    I remember once after she was shouting obscenities at me from behind her hedge when I was on my way out, deciding that I'd had enough of her so I knocked at the door on my way back, her husband answered, she must have seen me through the window because she started up the name calling and came into the hallway, her husband got her by the throat and physically threw her back into their front room. He told me to call the police every time she bothered me. I don't though, I'd have my finger on redial if I did.
    Occasionally she gets carted off in an ambulance and all is quiet for a few days. I was woken up by her screaming a few mornings ago, he was in the front garden and I could hear the sounds of smashing glass, maybe bottles of her booze I don't know. He was very aggressive with her again. My neighbour told me that she went off in an ambulance again but returned in a taxi not long after in a paper nightie, guess she discharged herself.

She's an unhinged alcoholic and he's a wife beater. Great people to have living opposite, not.

I wish they would go their separate ways, individually they may sort themselves out. Together they just seem toxic.

He knocked at my door recently and was as nice as pie asking if I knew anyone that might want his greenhouse. Scary that he can turn on the charm when I've seen the way he treats his wife.
    Forum Member
    I don't like the couple who live opposite me. For the first year after moving in, she would stand at her bedroom window and get her baps out. Then she moved on to making threatening gestures (pretending to slit her throat and pointing to me etc). That esculated into her hiding behind her hedge and shouting obscenities at me as I passed.
    She's spent many hours staring out of her window watching me prepare food in the kitchen. Must be fascinating watching me peel taties and carrots.
    My daughters hula hoop landed in her garden once and I made the mistake of opening my front door when she came marching across the road. I could smell the booze as soon as I opened the door, it was the first time I'd been up close. She was quite aggressive and threatening, she had her foot in the door and seemed to have superhuman strength, it took the combined effort of me and the two kids to shut the door on her. Scary.
    I remember once after she was shouting obscenities at me from behind her hedge when I was on my way out, deciding that I'd had enough of her so I knocked at the door on my way back, her husband answered, she must have seen me through the window because she started up the name calling and came into the hallway, her husband got her by the throat and physically threw her back into their front room. He told me to call the police every time she bothered me. I don't though, I'd have my finger on redial if I did.
    Occasionally she gets carted off in an ambulance and all is quiet for a few days. I was woken up by her screaming a few mornings ago, he was in the front garden and I could hear the sounds of smashing glass, maybe bottles of her booze I don't know. He was very aggressive with her again. My neighbour told me that she went off in an ambulance again but returned in a taxi not long after in a paper nightie, guess she discharged herself.

She's an unhinged alcoholic and he's a wife beater. Great people to have living opposite, not.

I wish they would go their separate ways, individually they may sort themselves out. Together they just seem toxic.

He knocked at my door recently and was as nice as pie asking if I knew anyone that might want his greenhouse. Scary that he can turn on the charm when I've seen the way he treats his wife.

Omg. that sounds awful.:eek: You should call the police if you think he is beating her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member

err..christ why do men have to do it.. not nice :(
  • LastlaughLastlaugh Posts: 3,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God that is awful netcurtains. :(

I've got very normal neighbours it seems!
  • abarthmanabarthman Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    I recently caught my neighbour having a wank with his curtains wide open.... it didn't last that long and as soon as he was done he closed his curtains!
    Were you so disgusted that you had to watch until he finished?
    Forum Member
    abarthman wrote: »
    Were you so disgusted that you had to watch until he finished?

Where did I say I was disgusted?

I didn't know it was happening until the boyfriend told me, he couldn't believe what he was seeing. I just found it funny. His flat is directly opposite and we look down into his living room so it's not like we were sat there waiting for it. The strange thing was him closing the curtains after he was finished. Who does that? :confused:
  • abarthmanabarthman Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    Omg. that sounds awful.:eek: You should call the police if you think he is beating her.
    And just completely ignore all her drunken bap-flashing, shouting of obscenities, attempted home intrusion and threatening and aggressive behaviour?

You read all that and just zoomed in on him maybe being a wife-beater?
  • netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I did call the police once, not because he was beating her because I didn't know that then but because she was playing with her breasts at the window and being obscene in front of my young son. The police said that she was well known to them, their advice was to have as little to do with them as possible.

Whenever she went off in ambulance I assumed it was either because she'd drunk herself into a stupor or was being sectioned as I hadn't seen any evidence that he was a wife beater then, I thought it was all her.
    I've only seen him being aggressive with her twice, both recently. Who knows what goes on behind closed doors though?
    I regret not calling the police the other morning but it seemed like somebody did, another neighbour, herself, maybe even him, I don't know? But she was back from the hospital mere hours later.
    It's all been very quiet since.
  • HamptonHampton Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    We had a neighbour who would pull up on his driveway, stop the car, then get out and PUSH it into the garage (slightly uphill to make things even weirder)

When driving away from the house, again, he would push the car out before starting it.

It's a double width garage so it's not because he couldn't get in or out of the car !
  • tghe-retfordtghe-retford Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's the character limit on a forum post? I fear I may exceed it.

tl;dr version of what I wanted to say: I have a neighbour who is being evicted, has said behind my back that I have "psychological problems" and she doesn't know I heard that. Her home is riddled with damp, there is a terrible odour coming from the flat she lives in which lingers in the shared hallway, it puts people off coming to my flat. She's also intimidated other people, along with her lodger, been belligerent to others, has a negative attitude on life, moans for hours, complains and nit-picks about even the most positive of things. She's also a hypocrite - says she's a good Christian woman who is saving herself for a good Christian man, but then goes off to see another man around the corner. She's also makes slanderous comments about one of the neighbours in particular - states that he is a drug dealer when the Police have investigated him and concluded that there is no evidence of such activity in his home or him being involved in drug dealing. She spends her free time (and she has a lot of it) spying on when I come home and hauls herself outside my front door, knowing I can't go through the back (in a flat) or touch her - because she'll call the Police. She spies on other people too, knows their business and her behaviour creeps people who come round out.

All the surrounding neighbours and myself are awaiting the day that she is evicted, there's gonna be a party around here! :D:)
  • ackeracker Posts: 8,809
    Forum Member
    All my neighbours are strange but I wouldnt swap them ( apart from one who I would happily swap for a bubblegum card )
    Forum Member
    What's the character limit on a forum post? I fear I may exceed it.

tl;dr version of what I wanted to say: I have a neighbour who is being evicted, has said behind my back that I have "psychological problems" and she doesn't know I heard that. Her home is riddled with damp, there is a terrible odour coming from the flat she lives in which lingers in the shared hallway, it puts people off coming to my flat. She's also intimidated other people, along with her lodger, been belligerent to others, has a negative attitude on life, moans for hours, complains and nit-picks about even the most positive of things. She's also a hypocrite - says she's a good Christian woman who is saving herself for a good Christian man, but then goes off to see another man around the corner. She's also makes slanderous comments about one of the neighbours in particular - states that he is a drug dealer when the Police have investigated him and concluded that there is no evidence of such activity in his home or him being involved in drug dealing. She spends her free time (and she has a lot of it) spying on when I come home and hauls herself outside my front door, knowing I can't go through the back (in a flat) or touch her - because she'll call the Police. She spies on other people too, knows their business and her behaviour creeps people who come round out.

All the surrounding neighbours and myself are awaiting the day that she is evicted, there's gonna be a party around here! :D:)

She sounds like an annoying b*tch. Haha!:D:p
  • lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    tim59 wrote: »
    Depends what you can strange, i i have a lovely old lady one side and my ex wife the other side

Did you brick up the door to the dining room or something? :eek:
  • tim59tim59 Posts: 47,188
    Forum Member
    lemoncurd wrote: »
    Did you brick up the door to the dining room or something? :eek:

no split up over 20 years ago both moved on but get on well then 5 years later house next door came up and they applaed for it got it and have been good neighbours and freinds plus i saw my children everyday