Peter Andre - even more chapters of "his life"

Comments

• SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm intrigued as to how Peter Andre is such a bugbear on this forum. He's surely outlived his usefulness as a 'celebrity', so why is he such a talking point and threads go on seemingly forever about him?

Katie Price I can understand, but a complete nonentity like Andre has me baffled. :confused::confused:

I think he's celebrity marmite in that no one else seems to divide opinion quite so strongly. I doubt whether many of his 'defenders' would be posting about him if there weren't such extreme posts attacking him, especially for events which happened years ago. Speaking for myself, I think he's a likeable, decent man and when I see something posted about him that's demonstrably untrue I feel moved to correct it whereas I don't for the countless other celebrities who are given a pasting on DS forums. He has over 2.5 million Twitter followers so for whatever reason he's not a 'complete nonentity' and in the most part he's a source of harmless humour for the posters here.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SenseiSam wrote: »
    I think he's celebrity marmite in that no one else seems to divide opinion quite so strongly. I doubt whether many of his 'defenders' would be posting about him if there weren't such extreme posts attacking him, especially for events which happened years ago. Speaking for myself, I think he's a likeable, decent man and when I see something posted about him that's demonstrably untrue I feel moved to correct it whereas I don't for the countless other celebrities who are given a pasting on DS forums. He has over 2.5 million Twitter followers so for whatever reason he's not a 'complete nonentity' and in the most part he's a source of harmless humour for the posters here.

Many celebrities and their Management teams buy twitter followers to increase their perceived popularity so I doubt Andre is any different - it's a common practice. The amount of twitter followers someone has is no reflection of their true worth.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

^That. Harmless but endless. ;)

I'm afraid the PA fans and the KP fans will never agree on the past, which is why it so distortedly and comically (but also tiresomely) colours the present.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Many celebrities and their Management teams buy twitter followers to increase their perceived popularity so I doubt Andre is any different - it's a common practice. The amount of twitter followers someone has is no reflection of their true worth.

And politicans. They're all at it. The numbers are pretty meaningless in terms of assessing a person's popularity.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No idea if that's true or not in his case but the specific make-up of his Twitter following does earn him endorsement work as this Marketing Weekly article outlines:

"The choice of Peter Andre was an interesting one because when I first mentioned it to the group chief executive officer Carl Leaver, he looked at me and his jaw dropped. He said, ‘A guy for Gala Bingo? Peter Andre? You’re the marketing guy, but it doesn’t sound right to me,” says Gala Interactive marketing director Alex Czajkowski.

So he decided to make a decision based on data. “It’s not good enough to run out a half million pound TV campaign on a hunch or suspicion,” says Czajkowski. So the company surveyed 60,000 players to explore who they would like to meet, who could best represent the brand in an advert and which celebrities were their favourites. Andre came out as one of the top celebrities - and the social talent index shows that he is ranked as the number one reality TV star."
    http://www.marketingweek.co.uk/trends/does-your-celebrity-have-the-factor/4003939.article
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No idea if that's true or not in his case but the specific make-up of his Twitter following does earn him endorsement work as this Marketing Weekly article outlines:

"The choice of Peter Andre was an interesting one because when I first mentioned it to the group chief executive officer Carl Leaver, he looked at me and his jaw dropped. He said, ‘A guy for Gala Bingo? Peter Andre? You’re the marketing guy, but it doesn’t sound right to me,” says Gala Interactive marketing director Alex Czajkowski.

So he decided to make a decision based on data. “It’s not good enough to run out a half million pound TV campaign on a hunch or suspicion,” says Czajkowski. So the company surveyed 60,000 players to explore who they would like to meet, who could best represent the brand in an advert and which celebrities were their favourites. Andre came out as one of the top celebrities - and the social talent index shows that he is ranked as the number one reality TV star."
    http://www.marketingweek.co.uk/trends/does-your-celebrity-have-the-factor/4003939.article

Gala Bingo.

Well, I wonder who the competition was? A number of professional reality TV alumni no doubt. I don't wish to be rude - but it's not exactly a salubrious or 'top end' name.

As Lexi has affirmed above, they're all at it, politicians, reality tv stars etc - the number of twitter followers is something of a false positive when assessing a celeb's popularity.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not claiming it was 'salubrious' only that his proven popularity wins him work. In the marketing core audience 'talent index' he's ranked number 1 for reality TV and 30 for music. I'm sure he wishes the positions were reversed but even for music he outranks a lot of much bigger names so he's doing ok.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not claiming it was 'salubrious' only that his proven popularity wins him work. In the marketing core audience 'talent index' he's ranked number 1 for reality TV and 30 for music. I'm sure he wishes the positions were reversed but even for music he outranks a lot of much bigger names so he's doing ok.

Oh, sure.

But I'm just pointing out that his popularity isn't 'proven' if it's based on Twitter followers.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apart from the fact that your response is rude and unnecessary, the idea that anyone couple should stay together knowingly unhappy, unfulfilled and not wishing to be together went out by about 1965.

He did not do anything wrong in leaving an unhappy marriage. He should, however, go for soul custody if he feels her "relationship" choices are detrimental to his children.

I'm sorry that my response was interpreted as being rude.
    That was not my intention.:o
  • NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, sure.

But I'm just pointing out that his popularity isn't 'proven' if it's based on Twitter followers.
    Particularly given that less than 1% of those twitter followers bought his latest album. He's followed because he's on the telly or people are hoping for a bit of gossip. I'd say the music element barely comes into it for most followers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry that my response was interpreted as being rude.
    That was not my intention.:o

For what its worth DD I didnt think you were being rude, I thought you were just teasing, without sight or sound of a poster its so easy to take them the wrong way, I know when I read back on some of my posts and how they come across :o
    As far as couples staying together when their relationship has ended, well my parents did, yes there were a couple of years of bickering, but once they sorted their divides out they evolved from being a couple into a family unit who stayed together to love and support each other as they had always done, its nothing to do with what year it is, its down to the individuals involved and if they are willing to give enough into sorting out what works best for everyone, before storming off :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apart from the fact that your response is rude and unnecessary, the idea that anyone couple should stay together knowingly unhappy, unfulfilled and not wishing to be together went out by about 1965.

He did not do anything wrong in leaving an unhappy marriage. He should, however, go for soul custody if he feels her "relationship" choices are detrimental to his children.

Well what judge in the land wouldn't award him full custody. He loves his kids more than any man and has an award to prove how much better he is at fatherhood than everyone else is. He is a saint don't forget. He keeps telling us. His management tell us how successful his career is going and how well his tat sells. He only now dates professer type women because they make better mothers, we all know that. Its a water tight case.

Seriously though KP's choice in men :eek::eek::eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NotaTypo wrote: »
    Particularly given that less than 1% of those twitter followers bought his latest album. He's followed because he's on the telly or people are hoping for a bit of gossip. I'd say the music element barely comes into it for most followers.

This, I would agree with, even though I like Pete very much. One of my other faves, Boy George, now has nearly 250,000 followers but it doesn't help him have hits with his music, sadly. Some people will follow anyone who's well-known.

I didn't realise that Twitter followers were bought??? No one's tried to offer me money to follow anyone!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This, I would agree with, even though I like Pete very much. One of my other faves, Boy George, now has nearly 250,000 followers but it doesn't help him have hits with his music, sadly. Some people will follow anyone who's well-known.

I didn't realise that Twitter followers were bought??? No one's tried to offer me money to follow anyone!

Piece on it here.

It's all a bit sad and very cynical really, particularly when a celeb (not PA specifically) uses it to attract endorsement deals - one of the main reasons why it's become so prevalent.
  • Millie MuppetMillie Muppet Posts: 6,853
    Forum Member
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Lord :D he is such a cringe-machine.

James Bond? Did they not mean Frank Spencer?

That's James Bond, Robocop, Michael Jackson and Gene Kelley all covered in one concert. You can't fault Pedah for his lack of ambition :D;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That made me :D.

Soul DOTY. He could sing his defence before the judge. :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's James Bond, Robocop, Michael Jackson and Gene Kelley all covered in one concert. You can't fault Pedah for his lack of ambition :D;)

Was that Gene Kelly or Mary Poppins? ;)
  • artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    That made me :D.

Soul DOTY. He could sing his defence before the judge. :cool:

Sometimes it the little things...;)
  • artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cym wrote: »
    For what its worth DD I didnt think you were being rude, I thought you were just teasing, without sight or sound of a poster its so easy to take them the wrong way, I know when I read back on some of my posts and how they come across :o
    As far as couples staying together when their relationship has ended, well my parents did, yes there were a couple of years of bickering, but once they sorted their divides out they evolved from being a couple into a family unit who stayed together to love and support each other as they had always done, its nothing to do with what year it is, its down to the individuals involved and if they are willing to give enough into sorting out what works best for everyone, before storming off :rolleyes:

With all due respect, a couple of years of "bickering" can do far more long-term damage to a child than a sensible split and shared custody.

Not that these two orange muppets are anything like the model of a modern family break up, but lots of people manage very well without dragging their kids through years of fighting and silliness.

No-one should be attacked for ending an unhealthy relationship. Not even Pa.
  • momma11momma11 Posts: 3,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With all due respect, a couple of years of "bickering" can do far more long-term damage to a child than a sensible split and shared custody.

Not that these two orange muppets are anything like the model of a modern family break up, but lots of people manage very well without dragging their kids through years of fighting and silliness.

Hear ! Hear !
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well said.

There are enough sticks to beat him with and this isn't a valid one imo
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Tell you what one of the things most responsible for long term damage on a childs mind is and thats initial/long term abandonment by a parent, ask KP, and thats the stick that lies at PA feet, because after ending his marriage by phone, and after being with KP for all those years he knew exactly what he was about to put his kids through, DD was right in her remark about none of this would have happened if PA hadnt walked out, because had he have ended the marriage face to face like any decent grown man then this whole drama would have panned out after a few weeks instead of the years of headlines that he, at his kids expense has managed to milk it for, of course no one should continue in an unhealthy relationship, but the children of the relationship should not be included in the sudden media arranged dumping of that relationship of which he is solely responsible for, its not what he did its how he did it, and for that there just aint a stick big enough ;)
  • Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was sad to hear what happened to his brother. RIP.

But I am baffled as to why Peter Andre would want to make a TV show when such a personal family thing is taking place. Surely you would cancel all TV commitments?