Last Movie You Watched? (Part 6)

Comments

• CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crazy, Stupid, Love [2011]. Directors: Glenn Ficarra and John Requa

7/10

Amusing, slightly cringey, relationship comedy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,800
    Forum Member
    ...2 guns...watched it coz i loves denzil,but,tbh,not being a big fan of action/comedy, was expecting it to be shit ...it was really rather good
  • NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    Just watched x men origins- wolverine

6.5/10

light entertainment for weeknight, might have given 7, but the cgi person at the end was a bit cheesey, lol...won't spoil it in case, was creepily funny :D
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bought The Purge (2013), but received The Purge (2013) instead. So I decided to watch the wrong DVD, anyway.

The Purge (the one with Ethan Hawke) - 6/10

Interesting idea, interesting camera techniques, great editing (especially the game room scene) and in a way, thought-provoking, but as a whole, weak and rather shallow. Shame as it could have been so much more. I enjoyed the ride, anyhow.
  • Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Bad News Bears In Breaking Training (LINK)

This is my favorite in the franchise. It brings back good childhood memories when I watch it. It has aged but it still makes me smile. :)
  • nobodyherenobodyhere Posts: 1,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Star Trek into Darkness

7/10

Blingons were a little wierd, the scene with Khan which followed was a highlight of the movie though for me
    Cumberbatch did alright... slightly resembled a younger Alan Rickman
    Did turn into a bit of a parody towards the end though
    (not a trekkie, but I have watched some of TOS and if you are, then you'll reconize what I refer to when you watch it)

The Hobbit

8/10

As with LOTR.. if you go into it with your eyes open, knowing fully well you can't simply cram every inch of lore (refering to those who read the books) into a movie and just take it for what it is, you'll enjoy it

If you only previously watched the trilogy, without reading the books, I think you'll enjoy it, too

Looking forward to part 2
  • JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eureka (2000) 9.5/10
    Wadjda (2013) 8.5/10
    Ik Omhels Je Met 1000 Armen (2006) 8/10
    Dirch (2011) 7/10
    The Heat (2013) 4/10
  • The AmbassadorThe Ambassador Posts: 5,631
    Forum Member
    World War Z 7/10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Prisoners 5.5/10 - This long movie staring Hugh Jackman and Jake Gyllenhaal is a slow burner and is not easily forgettable.

What is most memorable is not the film however. It's that some people on IMDB have said that they could relate to what one of the stars did! :eek:

Wolverine 7/10 - I love Hugh Jackman as the Wolverine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked [2011]. Director: Mike Mitchell

3/10

Unfortunately the annoying animated critters didn't drown.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Flight - Another great supporting role for John Goodman. He's good at getting these roles. Shame he's never really the lead in a big movie.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Les Miserables.
    I'd been putting off watching it as I couldn't see how the stage version could possibly translate to the screen, but I thought it was absolutely brilliant - despite the fact that it made me sob!
    There was one of the leads whose performance I wasn't quite as keen on as the rest ( won't say who in case I get lynched:o:D), but I think that may have been down to the way they were directed, and I thought it was still a solid performance.
    I thought Russell Crowe made an excellent Javert.
    Definitely the best movie I've seen this year.
  • DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    Jackassfan wrote: »
    Eureka (2000) 9.5/10
    Wadjda (2013) 8.5/10
    Ik Omhels Je Met 1000 Armen (2006) 8/10
    Dirch (2011) 7/10
    The Heat (2013) 4/10

Will have to check out Eureka- sounds interesting!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jennifer's Body [2009]. Director: Karyn Kusama

7/10

Mean Girl becomes a demon. Silly but fun.
  • JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like Someone In Love (2012) 7.5/10
    Renoir (2012) 6/10
  • emmageeringemmageering Posts: 5,163
    Forum Member
    La Vie en Rose (2007) - 7.5/10
  • pericompericom Posts: 6,025
    Forum Member
    Safe House 5/10 - Bit of a borefest generic spy thriller.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sunday night December the 8th I will be fast asleep having stayed up the previous day (Saturday 7th December) watching all 8 Harry Potter movies, all the while listening along to the 24-Hour commentary Stream-tacular run by the "best movie commentary show on the web"

:cool: http://t.co/NmJ8p3OoTw :cool:

I'm stocking up on nibbles right now, and most likely later too after I've munched my way through the first (and no doubt second) stock. :o
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,969
    Forum Member
    I'm watching Brokeback Mountain the first time in years. I love this film, it's one of my favourites. :) I've just noticed a plot line which for some reason I'd never picked up on before. I don't even know how many times I've seen this film. How on earth did I miss that plot line?
    It is implied that Jack Twist and family friend Randall are having an affair behind their wives' backs.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,969
    Forum Member
    Yvie123 wrote: »
    Les Miserables.
    I'd been putting off watching it as I couldn't see how the stage version could possibly translate to the screen, but I thought it was absolutely brilliant - despite the fact that it made me sob!
    There was one of the leads whose performance I wasn't quite as keen on as the rest ( won't say who in case I get lynched:o:D), but I think that may have been down to the way they were directed, and I thought it was still a solid performance.

I saw it 3 times at the cinema. :o I've never seen the stage version though I would love to. I want to have really good seats though!
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    World War Z - 5/10

Terrible final third. Not great beforehand, but decent enough.
  • Nessun DormaNessun Dorma Posts: 12,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yvie123 wrote: »
    Les Miserables.

We went to see it earlier this year (I have also recorded on V+ to watch later). Very impressed with Heath Ledger (flippin' 'eck, he can sing :eek:), Russell Crowe wasn't all bad and I agree, perfect for the role of Javert. Wasn't overly keen on Amanda Seyfried though, but oddly enough, my favourite was Eddy Redmayne; his rendition of "Empty Chairs at Empty Tables," was brilliant.
    Forum Member
    Very impressed with Heath Ledger (flippin' 'eck, he can sing :eek:)
    I haven't seen it but i'd be amazingly impressed. Was it done like Weekend at Bernies?
  • Nessun DormaNessun Dorma Posts: 12,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    I haven't seen it but i'd be amazingly impressed. Was it done like Weekend at Bernies?

Sorry, don't see the connection. :confused:
    Forum Member
    Sorry, don't see the connection. :confused:
    You will when the penny drops
This discussion has been closed.