A Thread For Anyone, Any Gigs, and A More General Discussion of Everything (Part 4)

Comments

• TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Enjoying a country music day today. Listened to Sturgill Simpson's two albums, now listening to Kacey Musgraves first album.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,916
    Forum Member
    Enjoying a country music day today. Listened to Sturgill Simpson's two albums, now listening to Kacey Musgraves first album.

:) I like "Same Trailer, Different Park".

I've created a playlist on Spotify with lots of 80s, 90s and 00s hits with some 60s thrown in for good measure. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What should you do with your extra second?

http://www.buzzfeed.com/kellyoakes/leap-second-2015?utm_term=.lyg8J6wWk#.iw8r8Ox41

I got "delete all your emails". You don't have to tell me twice :D
    Forum Member
    Evening :)

Anyone else hate the heat? I do. That sounds bad, I know. We rarely have good weather but I honestly prefer the cooler months. At least then you can wrap up warm. Trying to sleep in this heat is horrible.

I'm off out in a bit for dinner with a friend. What are you all doing?

Anyone had the chance to check out Apple's streaming service yet? Can you try it for three months without signing up to pay beyond that? I'm posting from my Kindle at the moment and listening to music on Spotify.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Haven't posted in here in ages! I've been up to my eyeballs in work and I had an impromptu meeting with my favourite lecturer today :D I didn't expect to see her and I didn't know she would be around til I got into college and I saw her car parked near the building where her office is :D I didn't get to say much to her as she was in a rush and I had to be quick, but it was great to see her :p Listened to Britney songs all day after that :cool:
    Forum Member
    ^ ^ You can't have that much longer left at uni, surely cnbc :)

I'm chilling listening to music. What are you all doing?
    Forum Member
    Actually I'm in all summer as I'm writing my Masters dissertation and that's done over the summer. It has to be in by August 14th. I haven't had classes since April. It was an unexpected surprise as I hadn't expected to see my lecturer yesterday :D
    Forum Member
    ^ ^ Ahh right, okay.

These boards are really quiet these days.

I'm curled up in bed watching "Gossip Girl". These are some of the best DVDs that I've bought. I watch them regularly. I'm such a box-set junkie.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Back at work after 2 days off :(

ACDC really rocked the shite out of Dublin.
    Forum Member
    Got myself a sad song playlist going on at the moment. Sad songs are the best, in my opinion. I seem to gravitate towards them more than happier tracks.

Back at work after 2 days off :(

ACDC really rocked the shite out of Dublin.

Absolute radio are still giving away tickets on their morning show for the London gig. They have people phoning in every day.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I listen to sad songs sometimes.

Can't get enough of this song at the moment https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf7yasmQk3A

It brings a tear to the eye.
    Forum Member
    Went to see my lecturer again today for the second time this week :D
    Forum Member
    Evening

I'm sat at the social club drinking cider in the sunshine. :) how are you all spending your Friday night?
    Forum Member
    Afternoon

These boards are quiet lately! What are you all doing?
    Forum Member
    I've been out in the garden all afternoon. I had to plant some flowers and do a bit of cleaning up and stuff out there. Gonna have some dinner soon :cool:
    Forum Member
    I've been out in the garden all afternoon. I had to plant some flowers and do a bit of cleaning up and stuff out there. Gonna have some dinner soon :cool:

I went out in the sun yesterday. It was baking hot. I was glad for the downpour of rain today.

I'm no fan of hot weather.
    Forum Member
    mimicole wrote: »
    I went out in the sun yesterday. It was baking hot. I was glad for the downpour of rain today.

I'm no fan of hot weather.

It wasn't too hot here (I'd say about 20-21 max). It was breezy but clear skies and it was pleasant but not too hot. I didn't get cooked outside. Anything up to low 20s is fine, after that it gets too hot. I've gotta start working on the next chapter of my dissertation either later or tomorrow. L.A. wants it by the 15th :D She wants me to work bitch as she runs a tight ship, so beware! :p
    Forum Member
    Evening

What are you all doing today?

I'm watching re-runs of Gossip Girl (season 6) whilst surfing the 'net.
    Forum Member
    I was at college working on my dissertation, then I went and had dinner and now I'm watching the tennis for a bit. I'm gonna play some games in a little while once the match is over :cool:
    Forum Member
    Afternoon :)

I've not long finished making dinner and now I'm kicking back listening to music that I haven't heard for years. :) I used to listen to a lot of R'n'B when I was about 11-13. Then my music taste changed quite a lot.

Feel like a kid again listening to some of this stuff. I don't know what I'd do without Spotify.
    Forum Member
    Where is everyone?
    Forum Member
    Afternoon, cnbc.

We slipped on to the second page yesterday. This thread (and DS in general, actually) seem less active these days. Maybe people have lives! :o:D

I've not long got back from shopping for my Mum. I'm using a face mask that I picked up in Wilko. It was only 95p but it's gorgeous! :D It smells amazing. I'm a nightmare for anything skin care related. I'll definitely be buying these again.

I'm listening to Joy Williams' album "Venus" at the moment. It's wonderful. She has a fantastic voice and I'm so glad that I bought it. I'm hoping for a UK tour at some point. One of my biggest regrets as a music fan was never seeing The Civil Wars when they were together. The first single from "Venus" was Woman (Oh Mama).

Along with "Pageant Material" by Kacey Musgraves, "Venus" is my favourite album of the year.

What are you all doing or listening to at the moment?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't have a life :(

Just spent the last half hour listening to people moaning about the budget on radio so I could do with some music. Trying to decide what to listen to
    Forum Member
    I don't have a life :(

Just spent the last half hour listening to people moaning about the budget on radio so I could do with some music. Trying to decide what to listen to

Me neither, Truth :D I spend way too much time on DS.

I'm loading music into my iTunes. I've taken a load of CDs out of my car for it. I'm listening to Taylor Swift's "1989" album at the moment.
    Forum Member
    I kinda wish I had a life but I'm doing ok at the moment. I'm still up to my eyeballs in my dissertation. I've gotta have the third chapter in by next Wednesday :o:D Gotta keep my favourite lecturer sweet! I'm meeting her next Friday.